Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:49:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section  (Read 138645 times)
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #1160 on: May 14, 2006, 10:34:28 AM »

I dunno i dont think axl would have done the shows with just a fill in?

no way, and if axl thinks hes good enough for the band - he is - fullstop!
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #1161 on: May 14, 2006, 10:34:42 AM »

Holy shit are u kidding me?

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1162 on: May 14, 2006, 11:13:24 AM »

Obviously now that Ron is in GNR he all of a sudden becomes the be all end all greatest , fastest shredder of all time but with "soul and feeling" .... all the while Bucket is now a hack right?? ?Roll Eyes

Yeah , gimme a minute to change buckethead.tk into bumblefoot.tk? ok

rofl

Bumblefoot , IMHO is a placeholder ...he may be a permanent member I guess but something tells me he's more of a fill in.

Obviously you weren't at the May 12th show were you? Roll Eyes

If you were you wouldnt have just refered to Bumblefoot as a "place holder" for Dickhead, oh sorry...Buckethead.

In one show I saw more interaction and chemistry with Ron playing with the whole band, than I have from more than a dozen bootlegs from the 2002 tour with Big B on guitar...

Axl, Robin, Richard, Tommy...they were all smiling at Ron and hanging off his shoulder like Axl used to do with Slash...did we see any of that with Bucket? No, why? because the guy has the personality of a dead fish...

You bash nesquick for bashing Bucket, but I warn you, dont even think of bashing Ron now that hes the new guy.

I think hes a breath of fresh air for the whole band now that they can speak to a persons face and not a hand puppet... Roll Eyes

Plus, my dad summed up Buckethead in Gn'R perfectly...

"Hes a hell of a guitar player, but his gimmick, YES i said GIMMICK detracts from the music and Gn'R performance for the worse"...

"It's like being in a 15th century museum, then theres a guy selling greasy hotdogs...just doesnt fit..." peace

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1163 on: May 14, 2006, 11:50:35 AM »

Obviously now that Ron is in GNR he all of a sudden becomes the be all end all greatest , fastest shredder of all time but with "soul and feeling" .... all the while Bucket is now a hack right?   Roll Eyes

Yeah , gimme a minute to change buckethead.tk into bumblefoot.tk  ok

rofl

Bumblefoot , IMHO is a placeholder ...he may be a permanent member I guess but something tells me he's more of a fill in.

Obviously you weren't at the May 12th show were you? Roll Eyes

If you were you wouldnt have just refered to Bumblefoot as a "place holder" for Dickhead, oh sorry...Buckethead.

In one show I saw more interaction and chemistry with Ron playing with the whole band, than I have from more than a dozen bootlegs from the 2002 tour with Big B on guitar...

Axl, Robin, Richard, Tommy...they were all smiling at Ron and hanging off his shoulder like Axl used to do with Slash...did we see any of that with Bucket? No, why? because the guy has the personality of a dead fish...

You bash nesquick for bashing Bucket, but I warn you, dont even think of bashing Ron now that hes the new guy.

I think hes a breath of fresh air for the whole band now that they can speak to a persons face and not a hand puppet... Roll Eyes

Plus, my dad summed up Buckethead in Gn'R perfectly...

"Hes a hell of a guitar player, but his gimmick, YES i said GIMMICK detracts from the music and Gn'R performance for the worse"...

"It's like being in a 15th century museum, then theres a guy selling greasy hotdogs...just doesnt fit..." peace

rofl

You proved my theroy correct! Dont bash the new guy , cause shucks , he's in GNR now!! Anyways , whatever ... I'm glad Axl seems confident in Big B's input on the album to atleast bring in a shredder capable of replicating hs parts live!  ok

As for gimmicks , c'mon ... he calls himself "bumblefoot" , he uses guitars shaped like hands and feet .. those arent gimmicks?! And hell no , I'm not ragging on ron .. but I do feel he is only there to do buckets parts. Just my opinion. I wish him well , obviously , as I AM a HUGE fan of this lineup , regardless of bucket being in the lineup or not.

Peoples reactions to bumble do have me worried though as it seems the majority of people say he has zero stage presence , but again , chalk it up to 1st show jitters? Tonight should answer more questions.

peace

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1164 on: May 14, 2006, 11:59:59 AM »

saul my grandfather could have joined new guns and people would say he was awesome because of where he is...///  Either way finck proved himself big time, what an improvement... Everyone knows I hate the new band right hihi
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #1165 on: May 14, 2006, 01:08:25 PM »

Actually in rock in rio 3 he hangs off BH?s shoulder, in It?s so easy i think.... after that, i don?t recall another one... hihi

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1166 on: May 14, 2006, 11:06:25 PM »

Some people at the sludge message board  that attended the show  are saying that the fans  weren't into the show. They were just standing there with their arms folded.   They are saying that the band was boring and that the reason fans acted that way was because GNR are a terrible live band .   Were the fans really not interested during the show??   If this is true  then I hope true fans attend the next 3 shows.   Maybe the true fans are attending the last 2 shows because they were the first ones announced.   
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1167 on: May 14, 2006, 11:09:23 PM »

I hope your right about having better fans for the last 2 shows.

cause i'm going to Monday's show...i know i won't have my arms folded! 
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #1168 on: May 14, 2006, 11:29:13 PM »

Some people at the sludge message board? that attended the show? are saying that the fans? weren't into the show. They were just standing there with their arms folded.? ?They are saying that the band was boring and that the reason fans acted that way was because GNR are a terrible live band .? ?Were the fans really not interested during the show??? ?If this is true? then I hope true fans attend the next 3 shows.? ?Maybe the true fans are attending the last 2 shows because they were the first ones announced.? ?

hahaha, there?s always people talking shit, c?mon take a look at the bootlegs when they come out, you will se it?s no true,

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1169 on: May 14, 2006, 11:37:13 PM »

Actually in rock in rio 3 he hangs off BH?s shoulder, in It?s so easy i think.... after that, i don?t recall another one... hihi

Yeah , I wanted to mention that but .. well , dont wanna be flamed for being a bh "fanboy" ..  Roll Eyes

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1170 on: May 15, 2006, 12:10:12 AM »

i went in at 10 and easily made it half way up on the floor. when they came on there was a mad rush towards the stage. so i ended up about 10 feet from the stage and 10 feet to the right of the center part of the stage that extends out.

it was a little rough up there, and everyone was going crazy. (and i have bruises to prove it  hihi).

yes, there were plenty of people standing back enjoying the show. but the crowd was very much into it. very good crowd reaction IMO.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #1171 on: May 15, 2006, 12:27:45 AM »

Am I wrong or that was a "melody" from other song mixed up?? I think is an old song... listen again
I know some parts of the song but I can?t remember the fucking name

anyone knows?!

RnT
Legend

« Reply #1172 on: May 15, 2006, 12:39:41 AM »

and used in a commercial !!

AM I CRAZY PEOPLE? LOOL

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #1173 on: May 15, 2006, 01:18:52 AM »

Some people at the sludge message board? that attended the show? are saying that the fans? weren't into the show. They were just standing there with their arms folded.? ?They are saying that the band was boring and that the reason fans acted that way was because GNR are a terrible live band .? ?Were the fans really not interested during the show??? ?If this is true? then I hope true fans attend the next 3 shows.? ?Maybe the true fans are attending the last 2 shows because they were the first ones announced.? ?

I was there AND I post at Sludge. There were certainly PLENTY of people rocking out Friday that I saw. It's hard to put much faith in anything posted on the Sludge board. It's mostly a forum for die-hard fans of various bands to push their agenda and bash other bands in the process. Very little objectivity there... and there is definitely a cabal of Slash/Duff lovers and general GN'R haters on those boards that want to see Axl fail- so they post grossly exaggerated bullshit.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1174 on: May 15, 2006, 09:01:15 AM »

Yeah , I wanted to mention that but .. well , dont wanna be flamed for being a bh "fanboy" ..? Roll Eyes

Congradulations, you've officially reaffirmed you're argument with a 5 and a half year old bootleg ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #1175 on: May 15, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »

My review-

Got to Mustang Harrys around 6 and met some of you- MikeGiullana, Hannahead, Barbie and others. Very cool talking to you and the Talking Metal Podcast guys. Mike- I am still laughing at when they asked you what your "board name" vs "real name" is- MIKE GIULLANA! LOL.

I actually had two tickets for myself (MEZZ1 and Floor) and I tried getting rid of one at Mustangs (face value) but it didnt happen. So I planned on going back and forth between the two floors when I got in, but I learned once you scanned the ticket, you couldnt leave, so I chose MEZZ 1 (I followed Sebastian in, I was right behind , cool).

Anyway, a comment about Bullet for My Valentine- they were LOUD!!! Maybe I am just old but that was pretty damn loud. What is it with anopening acts these days? They are always super loud as opposed to the headliner. This was the case at the last few concerts I have gone to.

I thought BFMV was pretty good. I wouldnt want to listen to them more than 45 minutes, but I give them credit. They had a tough audience and they played to it and were professional. I thought they were pretty cool- maybe I had low expectations.

On to the show-

Its pretty funny, as GNR fans we all agree that Axl came on "early"- it was 11 PM! I crack up at these reviewers- like the NY Post, who thought the crowd was pissed at this. I know must of us were expecting much later, 11 was EARLY!

Observations-

Robin Finck- It really was his show, and I didnt expect that. I know we all came to see Axl (me included), but I wasnt a fan of Robins coming in, I am a die hard now. He was incredible with his stage presence, his playing and crowd surfing. The guy has passion- and lets remember, he has been in GNR for a long time . He is approaching Slashs time in terms of longevity in the band and that has to count for something. He is a true Gunner!  Finck was awesome. His solo before SCOM was very Hendrix like.

Axl- what else do I need to say? He turned the clock back . This performance was better all round- BAND included than when I saw them last- at UYI at MSG in December 91. Much better and of course, that includes Axl.

Richard Fortus also impressed me. He seemed nervous (along with Bumblefoot) in the beginning, like he was trying really hard, but he got better and better.

Bumblefoot- Give him a chance. The only criticism I have of him was that I found his solo to be a little boring. It lacked feeling.

Brain- I really didnt notice him. I am kind of ambivalent about his playing. Maybe I am not a drum guy. Although I liked his playing alot on BETTER (which was so great- listening to the boot right now).

Songs-

Mr Brownstone, Better, Out Ta Get Me and Chinese Democracy ( I LOVED that new opening), SCOM, the Blues (cant wait to hear the studio version) My Michelle (Of course with Bas) were real stand outs. Patience was also very awesome in electric mode.

The sound was really horrible on Maddy (not a big fan of that song anyway) and IRS (real unfortunate). I gotta say, I couldnt really hear what the hell Axl was saying to the crowd for the most part- it sounded like he was underwater. Listen to the boot- it should come with subtitles.

Anyway, having seen them in the 80s, 90s and now this decade, I have to say this is the BEST and tightest version of the band I have heard. My opinion and thats all.

peace
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 11:31:19 AM by SonofAGun » Logged
RnT
Legend

« Reply #1176 on: May 15, 2006, 05:21:51 PM »

Am I wrong or that was a "melody" from other song mixed up?? I think is an old song... listen again
I know some parts of the song but I can?t remember the fucking name

anyone knows?!

anybody knows?!
not that I like the original song, but it?s killing me not knowing the damn name of the song god amn lol  hihi

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1177 on: May 15, 2006, 05:30:35 PM »

Richard Fortus also impressed me. He seemed nervous (along with Bumblefoot) in the beginning, like he was trying really hard, but he got better and better

Not surprising with all the e-mails he received, he had a lot of pressure? Grin
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 07:06:59 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1178 on: May 15, 2006, 06:57:42 PM »

Chinese Democracy ( I LOVED that new opening)

Anyway, having seen them in the 80s, 90s and now this decade, I have to say this is the BEST and tightest version of the band I have heard. My opinion and thats all.

peace

Good post, great read. I'm glad you mentioned that about Chinese Democracy, that new intro rocks! I couldn't hear the second verse but the old first verse was gone and the old second verses lyrics were moved to there so I found that interesting!

I saw them in the late 80's, early 90s and 2002 and I agree this is by far the best Guns N' Roses show I've seen.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #1179 on: May 15, 2006, 07:04:58 PM »

Concert was great!!!!  I wish I was going tonight!!!

Ritz Reeves III
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: