Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:19:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London (Hammersmith Apollo) 7th June  (Read 141469 times)
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #1100 on: June 09, 2006, 09:48:08 AM »

Mandy - that is fuckin ace!? thank you!!!!

so glad you got your tickets and had a good time!? Did you zip your photos/vids anywhere I can see the rest?? I took some, but I fear they will be rather shit... will def post if they are any good!

peace

Yep. My friend uploaded to his server: http://downloads.thenewguns.com/Hammersmith_GNR.zip

Cant seem to access these - can you re-post the link?  sorry!

Most of them are blur though ?Cry
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #1101 on: June 09, 2006, 09:49:45 AM »

sorry - that was a confusing post from me!

Mandy - can you re-upload that link to your pics
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #1102 on: June 09, 2006, 10:02:14 AM »

Did anyone see the tramp outside the venue? People were offloading their beer to him as they went in and he must have had at least 20 cans of unopenned beer around him. He was already drunk as fuck and happy as hell!

yeah, we tried to speak to him, did anyone see that guitarist playing 'sweet child o' mine' after the gig in the subway?
he looked like the sprog of chris evens and dennis pennis. priceless!

lol, we drove back to bristol and noticed that too!!!  crying confused

That was a woman!

With dreadlocks? and rather tall? nervous

Ha! No, must've been a coincidence - she was quite skinny, short hair and dress to match, but did in fact look like Dennis Pennis and was singing SCOM whilst playing acoustic guitar..

On a separate note, we drove back to Bristol after the gig, and was freaked out to notice that the moon was blood red the whole way back!? I was pretty pissed but verified this with the driver, who confirmed that I wasn't halloucinating.? Was quite fitting, really..

Back In Power
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1103 on: June 09, 2006, 10:04:33 AM »

Kewl! I kept looking over at Block 9 to see if I could see Mandy and you... but to no avail... also I guess I um... don't know what ya look like! hihi Sorry!!

But ya I was in Block 1 Row S Seat 81... for anyone who's interested in telling me if they saw me or not... hihi beer

I was looking for you but I couldn't see you Sad

I was wearing a black Raiders 80 'Rice' shirt

Those VIP guests in block 9 were not the brightest  bunch of people Grin They must have thrown themselves into the first seats they found and then had fights over who should be sitting where.

Tell me about it I had to put up with Elle Mcpherson trying to take my seat.... Absolute nightmare Wink

She was very well behaved & undivaish though must admit. Although she left 3/4 of the way through.

Did she not go stand at the back for a while before leaving? I think that's where I last saw her.

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1104 on: June 09, 2006, 10:29:59 AM »

For God's sake shut the fuck up, and leave this thread for impressions and reviews and discussion OF THIS SHOW. Not another boring discussion about being late.
But they were late, late they weren't on time! Axl was NOT punctual!!! They were expected onstage at a certain time, and they weren't. LATE BAND PEOPLE!!! oh, wait, no-one cares. Fucking storming show off the fuckin' wall. I very nearly shat. (I threw off a reel of film, only 1 pic came out!) still I'm gonna frame it with my ticket, and that disclaimer thing we were given. also what did people think to avenged sevenfold? They're not really my scene, but I thought they were very good at what they did. especially walk (I know it's not theirs, but I wasn't complainig about live and let die)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1105 on: June 09, 2006, 10:32:52 AM »

Good shot mandy.  Chris is really camera shy.

Uncle Axl was in good spirits once he had his deepheat masage (see the link to the Times musicblog a few pages ago). He quipped 'Gay Marriage is legal in England, right?' after seeing the 'Fuck me and marry me' banner.

Any ideas as to what Dizzy was playing for his solo?

What link?  I didn't see one.  Can you post it?

I second that, Dolphin.

So he was sure that the banner was made by male fans? hihi

Ha! No, must've been a coincidence - she was quite skinny, short hair and dress to match, but did in fact look like Dennis Pennis and was singing SCOM whilst playing acoustic guitar..

On a separate note, we drove back to Bristol after the gig, and was freaked out to notice that the moon was blood red the whole way back!  I was pretty pissed but verified this with the driver, who confirmed that I wasn't halloucinating.  Was quite fitting, really..

ta. wrong person then. 
The Red moon is rather common in that area.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1106 on: June 09, 2006, 11:35:46 AM »

sorry - that was a confusing post from me!

Mandy - can you re-upload that link to your pics

Sorry. There was something wrong with the link, but my friend just fixed it  Wink

http://downloads.thenewguns.com/HammersmithGNR.zip
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1107 on: June 09, 2006, 11:43:42 AM »

Did anyone notice in november rain when richard did his solo in front of the drum kit, he was posed exactly like slash in the video? think that was intentional?
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1108 on: June 09, 2006, 12:06:13 PM »

Oh... Just thought I'd share this. The best pic I took:

ok one of the best photo's so far (from the new tour)  beer
gin hotel
Banned
Rocker

Blind Melon - Chinese Democracy?

« Reply #1109 on: June 09, 2006, 12:11:40 PM »

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/reviews/story/0,,1793535,00.html

Shirell
« Reply #1110 on: June 09, 2006, 12:33:57 PM »

God I can be such an ignorant cow!  Big, massive thanx to Mickey and Darro who helped me out so much.  They were pretty big guys who stood in front of me but when I asked them if they'd mind scrunching down a bit (I'm 5ft 2) they literally slung me up on their shoulders.  Took turns carrying my 8st on their shoulders all night.  THANX BOYS.  Hope you hooked up with this site okay.  I think you'll enjoy it.  Also Hi to Angie and Bob who I met at the Trout.  Had a great time, see you again hopefully. Louis, thanks for everything (BTW dont listen to your missus you kiss just fine!).
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #1111 on: June 09, 2006, 12:40:15 PM »

Louis, thanks for everything (BTW dont listen to your missus you kiss just fine!).

rofl sentence of the month  ok
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1112 on: June 09, 2006, 01:38:49 PM »

Good shot mandy.? Chris is really camera shy.

Uncle Axl was in good spirits once he had his deepheat masage (see the link to the Times musicblog a few pages ago). He quipped 'Gay Marriage is legal in England, right?' after seeing the 'Fuck me and marry me' banner.

Any ideas as to what Dizzy was playing for his solo?

What link?? I didn't see one.? Can you post it?

I second that, Dolphin.

So he was sure that the banner was made by male fans? hihi

On a separate note, we drove back to Bristol after the gig, and was freaked out to notice that the moon was blood red the whole way back!? I was pretty pissed but verified this with the driver, who confirmed that I wasn't halloucinating.? Was quite fitting, really..

ta. wrong person then.?
The Red moon is rather common in that area.

http://www.sp1at.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=401&Itemid=56

found it ok
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1113 on: June 10, 2006, 05:53:44 AM »

Man, how cool is this??! Again, sorry if it's been posted before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtfy1S5b8W0

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1114 on: June 10, 2006, 07:51:31 AM »

Thanks, Spirit  hihi
I remember that, it was hilarious  rofl
He isn't too bad though. lol
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #1115 on: June 10, 2006, 08:40:18 AM »

Mandy, great pics. beer

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1116 on: June 10, 2006, 08:50:12 AM »

Thank you  Cheesy
gnrbr
Rocker

Everywhere i go i c ya

« Reply #1117 on: June 10, 2006, 09:07:48 AM »

Oh... Just thought I'd share this. The best pic I took:

i loved this pic. axl smiling... all group together... the best one mandex
thx for share Kiss
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #1118 on: June 10, 2006, 10:02:59 AM »

Amazing show!  I like alot of you had to travel to get to London 5am start! Not many people can get me to do that but Mr Rose can haha!

But what an awsome show. i was seated, which i dissapointed with at first but it was actually a really good spot, you could see everyone clearly and see everything that was going on.  And well by the time the first notes of Jungle rang through no one was seated so that was great. 

Loved the new songs, to me that was exciting! i haven't heard songs like 'Better' and 'IRS' too much because i wanted to hear them new for myself at the gig. Both sounded much more 'together' and convincing compared to what i had heard on AOL for RIR. 

I couldn't believe people were booing before they got on. I mean come on everyone should know by now what to expect.  On the Download time table they have GNR listed to start at 20:15!?  There is no fucking chance GNR will be on before 10 at least.  But i know to expect that and considering it was a more fans event i was a bit suprised people were booing. 

I did  have a few little minor criticisms.. I personally have no problem with the new members so this isn't an ex vs new band thing.  But i think the individual solo's could be cut.  I don't think they sound as great as a Slash solo or even a Buckethead solo where you think wow what a fucking guitarist. I didn't think much of Robin's solo didn't seem to have a purpose wasn't going anywhere.  And i was suprised because i liked him before he got into GNR.  But yeah Dizzy's solo was probably the best of the night. 

That aside wow amazing show! On the songs themselves the band delivered. Axl is as magnetic and inspiring as he ever was.  Nice that he did a few more Axl moves for YCBM where he siccor kicks and spins around, love that shit!  Could have added a few more songs to the set list because it was a GNR gig and 1st time back in the UK would have been nice to add a few suprises.  I miss OMG and Chinese Democracy. But i had an amazing time was so worth all the hassle of getting to and from it.  Can't wait for Download tomorrow!

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #1119 on: June 10, 2006, 10:10:31 AM »

http://muzyka.onet.pl/0,1337567,newsy.html

Onet is the polish largest portal and there is writen that a lot of fans has left the show before the end.

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: