Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:38:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th  (Read 129521 times)
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #1060 on: June 30, 2006, 05:26:10 AM »

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/story/0,2789,849842,00.html

He basically says that Axl was bummed (and quite drunk) cuz people left him alone at some party and then he was screaming at this woman in the hotel bar when the guard approached Axl and told him to keep it down, the guard then approached Axl's assistant (which I can only guess is Beta) and that's when Axl lost it and shoved the guard. They then wrestled, on the floor, Axl bit him and yelled "I'm gonna fuck up your life" and the rest is, as you say, history...

Edit: Note to the mods. If this belongs in the Axl Arrested thread, please go ahead and merge it.  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 05:28:13 AM by Guns N' Neuroses » Logged
B_Diddy
Opening Act

« Reply #1061 on: June 30, 2006, 05:26:38 AM »

Aftonbladet (.se) has an interview with the security guard in today's paper. The headline is(translated): "He was going to murder me". ( I don't have time to translate the article now though, maybe later if no one else already've done it...)

They also have a note about Cafe Opera, the place that Axl's afterparty was at, and that they could lose their license because Axl walked out with a champagne bottle...

Axl and Guns n Roses hasn't had this much media space in Sweden since the early nineties... Roll Eyes It's crazy...

I've been dancin' with the Catcher in the rye, the TWAT has been knockin', the IRS won't leave me alone...
B_Diddy
Opening Act

« Reply #1062 on: June 30, 2006, 05:27:37 AM »

Grin

Haha, I just wrote a short notice about this in the other thread...but seems like you beat me to it... Smiley

I've been dancin' with the Catcher in the rye, the TWAT has been knockin', the IRS won't leave me alone...
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #1063 on: June 30, 2006, 05:28:17 AM »

Wonder how much he sold his story for.

Which, is only his story anyhow.

Just to shit on his credibility a little, I doubt someone known as a recluse is going to mind too much if people leave him alone. But what the hell. Who knows.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #1064 on: June 30, 2006, 05:29:59 AM »

Wonder how much he sold his story for.

Which, is only his story anyhow.

Yeah, I was waiting for this to appear in Aftonbladet as soon as I heard it had happened. You can always count on the tabloids to do their job.  Cheesy
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #1065 on: June 30, 2006, 05:32:35 AM »

Well, Im not saying its worth ignoring or anything but it should be taken on board with a bit of skepticism.

If Axl was bummed, which Im not saying he wasnt, it was probably about something else. Anyway, the security guard gets 15 minutes of fame, the tour gets some publicity - everyone wins.
B_Diddy
Opening Act

« Reply #1066 on: June 30, 2006, 05:43:43 AM »

For a fine of 50 000 Skr, Axl gets advertising worth of millions worldwide... Wink

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1067 on: June 30, 2006, 05:53:34 AM »

What a pussyx

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
sneedo
Opening Act

« Reply #1068 on: June 30, 2006, 10:32:25 AM »

I can't say that I agree with his behavior, nor am I surprised.  As others have mentioned, as long as the shows continue and someday the punchline that has become 'Chinese Democracy' to those not posting on these boards is released....oh well.  This just seems like some publicity of a rock star doing rock star things.   peace

OH REALLY?
sisterofyu
« Reply #1069 on: July 02, 2006, 11:38:45 AM »

yeah, Axl MAY be back!! But LET'S all hope he dosent start cancelling concerts- remember YOU said HE"S BACK!!
Which I disagree with that statement.

I have some thoughts and opinions and reasoning for this:

On the recent tour they played at Donnington UK. Axl was seen walkin around the barriers in front of the stage and seemed distraught and had even called a security gaurd a cunt.

MY REASONING FOR THIS IS:

When they very first came out in 1987 they had played at Donnington UK. During the concert, 2 people were killed by being crushed. Forcing Axl to lock himself in his hotel room for 4 days. -which you all know-

I think with all the pressure of the touring and past ghosts (things you will never be able to forget) that havent settled with him (the entire incident at Donnington UK) brought back bad memories that he couldnt handle causing him to keep this all inside, even talkin to a Beta or whoever about it, he tried to burry it and he couldnt causing him to behave the way he did.

This IS NOT the Axl Rose we know now.

He has come so far in his health and his emotional stability which matured him.

~girl

This is the Best Explanation Ive read,it makes sense and eplains a softer gentler side of axl, I can see this thanks
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #1070 on: July 02, 2006, 11:59:58 AM »

wbab on long island just mentioned the arrest.  it was so annoying.  They said axl was fighting with some woman in the lobby because he didnt like his hotel room and then he shoved the security guard.  then the guard wrestled him to the ground by his braids at which time axl bit him.  i hate radio djs. they ant pick their play lists so when they can talk they have to rape us with either false information or retarded opinions. 
girlincarwithgnr
Headliner

genius loci, ingenius=Axl fuckin Rose!

« Reply #1071 on: July 02, 2006, 12:05:41 PM »

Axl is now definitly back, so hopefully we ll get CD

What do you mean He's definately back? I woulnt want that. That would mean MORE therapy and LESS Chinese Democracy.....

And if this whole thing is true its all publicity, to make YOU THINK HE IS BACK, to sell MORE tickets in the US tour.

Sometimes I wanna kill
Sometimes I wanna die
Sometimes I wanna destroy
Sometimes I wanna cry
Sometimes I culd get even
Sometimes I culd give up
Sometimes I culd give
Sometimes I nevr give a fuck
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1072 on: July 02, 2006, 12:07:08 PM »

What do you mean He's definately back? I woulnt want that. That would mean MORE therapy and LESS Chinese Democracy.....

And if this whole thing is true its all publicity, to make YOU THINK HE IS BACK, to sell MORE tickets in the US tour.

You can't seriously think this incident has anything to do with selling tickets for a tour in the US this fall. If/when the announce a release date for the album and actually follow through on it, that'll be what causes the ticket sales.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1073 on: July 02, 2006, 12:16:02 PM »

Yeah no doubt if you read some US fans comments about the Tommy Hilfiger incident that Axl dealed with almost perfectly and some here moaned about.

Also, nobody noticed the fact that Merck said "and continuing until the beginning of August"?

There are no shows scheduled in the beginning of August yet...

Maybe it just meant that they'll be back home by then.

yeah  that striked me as well....

i guess we`ll have to wait and see.... but i wouldn`t be surprised if it was just a confusion...

I would, cos Merck is the manager and he had adequate time to check on the schedule this time I suppose.
girlincarwithgnr
Headliner

« Reply #1074 on: July 02, 2006, 12:24:55 PM »

You can't seriously think this incident has anything to do with selling tickets for a tour in the US this fall. If/when the announce a release date for the album and actually follow through on it, that'll be what causes the ticket sales.

I disagree with that. Most people have given up on Axl/Guns N Roses but us diehards. So if shit like this gets out in the media, and the old gunners see it , hopefully it would draw them in.

Sometimes I wanna kill
Sometimes I wanna die
Sometimes I wanna cry
Sometimes I culd give up
Sometimes I culd give
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #1075 on: July 02, 2006, 01:09:27 PM »

I think the guard and the press is full of shit! I know what these guards are like, I fuckin hate them! But Axl is right, youv'e gotta have patience when dealing with them smoking

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
girlincarwithgnr
Headliner

« Reply #1076 on: July 02, 2006, 01:31:25 PM »

I think the guard and the press is full of shit! I know what these guards are like, I fuckin hate them! But Axl is right, youv'e gotta have patience when dealing with them smoking

If this whole thing isnt a stunt. I think the gaurd was just waiting for the opportunity to jump him. like his 15 minutes of  fame. Or had a grudge against him and wanted to prove to himself that he could  take Axl down........what an assfuck!

Sometimes I wanna kill
Sometimes I wanna die
Sometimes I wanna cry
Sometimes I culd give up
Sometimes I culd give
axe
Rocker

« Reply #1077 on: July 02, 2006, 02:34:01 PM »

No, you don't know what these guards are like - they are all individuals. There are some real assholes among these people, that's for sure, guys who are on a powertrip and even enjoy getting physical when they get a chance. But there are also a lot of regular guys who have never hit anyone and are just nice modest people doing their job - which sometimes includes the physical part too. Some of these type of hotel, hospital, or supermarket guards are just some students earning a little money during the summer.

The guard waiting for an opportunity to jump Axl? Sorry about this, but that it just absolutely stupid. It's very well possible that this guard wouldn't have recognised Axl even if he had bitten him! It's not like Axl have been one of the most on-the-news people on the planet in the last decade and he looks a lot different than he did when he was regilarly in the news. Probably yeah, the guard did know that GNR was staying in the hotel, most likely he did know Axl, and he may very well been said that it's Axl Rose making noise in the lobby, could you do something about it? But to say that the guard wanted to be on the news or anything like that... it's just so goddamn laughable. Or the guard seeing dollar signs in his eyes and suing Axl for money? As it has been mentioned many times, this is Europe and not America. We make fun of these spill-coffee-on-your-lap-and-win-a-million-dollar lawsuits here.

Axl was drunk, VERY dunk. I think we can say that for sure. He is known to be a volatile, aggressive person, and even though he has behaved pretty good lately, he was drunk and pissed off. I don't have any difficulties in believing he's the aggressor in this one. The guard was doing his job. You can guess all you want that he jumped on Axl or was abusive in some other way, but once again I don't have any difficulties believing that he merely asked Axl to calm down, and already po'd Axl didn't need much to push him over the edge. 

Now some of you are thinking that I'm one of those haters that just wait for things like this to happen but fuck that. I laugh at those people who exaggerate this, saying Axl should do this and quit that and grow up and what-the-fuck. Drunk people do stupid things. Rock stars are just people, and they do stupid things too. It's really not the coolest thimg in the world to have a drunken brawl with anyone, but these things happen. Then people sober up, and are probably a bit ashamed and amused of what happened. I don't have hard time believing that happened to Axl too.

Oh yeah, the most uncool thing about this all are the people making fun of the guy's name. How retarded is that?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 02:35:54 PM by axe » Logged
Zon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1078 on: July 03, 2006, 04:32:20 PM »

The lobby:

Sillything
VIP

« Reply #1079 on: July 03, 2006, 05:29:31 PM »

The best thing about the pressrelease is that is says GNR is coming back to Sweden Grin

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: