Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:16:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in Australia (2 additional shows announced & sold out shows)
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in Australia (2 additional shows announced & sold out shows)  (Read 123196 times)
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #680 on: June 26, 2007, 06:03:36 AM »

Many thank for posting your tour diary, DN'B, it sounds like you had an amazing time and met some really cool people - not forgetting that you got to see a series of unforgettable shows as well!? ?ok

The 2nd night I was very Disheartened about it finishing up. I had such a great time the last 2 weeks and I didnt want it to end.

I know just how you felt at that point.? It was the same for me just before the second night at Wembley, after spending a fortnight attending all the UK dates - a bittersweet feeling of high expectations for the last night show mingling with sadness that the whole experience was drawing to a close.? It took me quite a while to regain an emotional balance after the European tour finished, but nevertheless was definitely well worth it and I can't wait 'till I can do it all again!

Thanks again and hope you don't have to wait too long to see the band in action once more.? ? ?Cheesy

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #681 on: June 27, 2007, 12:25:50 AM »

^
Your right. It was just like that. And I think I was the only person there that put their head down as soon as I heard to intro to PC. lol

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #682 on: June 27, 2007, 11:32:58 PM »

^^Thanks for your review Jay, sounds like you had a fantastic time and exciting tour.
If you are still after those DVD's we talked about send us a PM and I will help you out. ok

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #683 on: July 09, 2007, 12:52:25 AM »

I didn't see this posted anywhere but if it is then take this down.

http://channelv.com.au/V/Article.aspx?id=1186

Also here are my new pics from the tour

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=5537064&albumId=0

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #684 on: July 09, 2007, 02:10:59 AM »

At 11.15pm, everything went dark and Robin launches into the intro for Welcome To The Jungle. Light floods the stage and Axl lets rip those 8 powerful, mind blowing words.

The whole crowd went nuts, Axl?s voice in this song was amazing - the pure power of the track, how well it was performed. It took me a minute to realize, this isn?t a tribute band, this is still Guns N Roses. Without taking a breath, they were straight into Easy and Brownstone in quick succession. Axl was running wild on the stage - you could see how excited he was to be back.

During ?Live And Let Die,? the stage lit with fire balls, the crowd singing every word of every song, while Axl was running up and down the stage, dancing like it was 1987.

Axl quickly left the stage (probably to get a drink) as Robin went into a solo, which everyone loved. There were three guitar solos throughout the night, but it didn?t make the night drag at all. In fact, it gave me a insight into how good these three guitarists actually are. Who needs Slash, yes I said it, and you would too if you heard the Don?t Cry solo by Ron Thal.

The crowd screamed as soon as they heard the opening noes of Sweet Child O? Mine. Axl ran back on, he can definitely still sing it, and enjoyed it immensely. What a legend! Then, Knocking On Heavens Door and if that roof was still on, well lets just say ? it?s now in Perth. Axl sang this song like I?d never heard anyone sing a song in my life. His voice was perfect, beyond perfect. Then came the new track, Better. A lot of people seemed to know this song already, sure to be classic.

Then Dizzy (the only other original member) jumped on the grand piano and played his heart out. This guy just made me respect the piano so much more. He played Angie by The Rolling Stones, an epic solo, undoubtedly the best solo I have ever heard. Axl then went into a new song called The Blues,followed by a powerful Out Ta Get Me.

The grand piano then rolled back onto the stage. Axl takes a seat, and starts to play around with the keys. Then he goes into November Rain. If there wasn?t enough highlights for the night yet, add this to the collection. The crowd sang along to every word, the song being performed perfectly, the guitar solos a perfect match. This song made my night.

Then Sebastian Bach comes running back onto the stage for My Michele !!!! I revelled in how powerful their voices are as they both swap lines, running around the stage. I really have forgotten what year we are in!! Guns N Roses!! Skid Row!!

Next up was a rousing rendition of Patience, following by Nightrain. This was the most energetic, excellent, fantastic, outstanding, electrifying part of the night. Axl?s voice simply tore down the walls. This song rocked the whole of Australia!!

A couple of new songs followed: ?Chinese Democracy,? ?Madagascar? and ?There Was A Time?. Don?t turn a blind eye to these tracks, they are all amazing. I am really waiting on the new album now! I love the new Guns N Roses.

Then as I expected and had been waiting for. What the crowd expected and had been waiting for. PARADISE CITY. The crowd put shock waves throughout the whole city. The band put shock waves throughout the whole country!

Fire balls coming from the stage, red confetti being shot into the crowd, the music so loud, Axl?s voice at its peak? can you imagine what the crowd was like? Then Axl leaves the stage.

When they re-appear and Axl yells, ?AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE, OI OI OI? three times. Then leaves again. The crowd?s send off was fantastic. Axl loved it, he loved Adelaide. It was one hell of a night, one hell of a 2 hours and 15 minute Gunners set, one hell of a energetic Axl who had obviously been saving his voice just for us. What a legend! What a front man! What a band!

-D.Carter

Thanks Dead N' Bloated...what a great review.  Makes you feel like you were there. ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
twatty
Headliner

« Reply #685 on: July 09, 2007, 02:35:02 AM »

Sounds like you enjoyed the show, so much even that you heard There was a time even though they never played it! lol, good review though.

Do you know where the f**k you are?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #686 on: July 09, 2007, 02:43:19 AM »

Sounds like you enjoyed the show, so much even that you heard There was a time even though they never played it! lol, good review though.

I didn't catch that...wishful thinking on the reviewers part. hihi

Edit: This isn't my review..see post above
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 02:56:16 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #687 on: July 09, 2007, 02:50:27 AM »

I didn't catch that...wishful thinking on the reviewers part. hihi

I spoke to someone from the website that done my interview and told em it was wrong and they said they would change it but I guess they didnt see it as being important.  Roll Eyes

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #688 on: July 09, 2007, 03:44:41 AM »

A very classy gig all round!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Blackrose
Rocker

« Reply #689 on: July 09, 2007, 04:19:33 AM »

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=5537064&albumId=0

peace

Thanks for the link Jay, it's a great review.

But if I read this statement one more time I'm gonna go fuckin mad!
Though according to Carter, "it did take 3 guitarists to replace Slash,"
From the link posted by Dead N' Bloated

Slash WAS NOT THE ONLY GUITARIST GN'R had back in the day. What about IZZY STRADLIN and GILBY CLARKE?
Although the reviewer does go on to compliment the the current line-up, when are these reviewers going to stop thinking that Slash was the only guitarist in the old band.

Don't get me wrong I love Slash, think that he is an awesome guitarist, but he wasn't the only one there!

Ok rant over.
 peace

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #690 on: July 09, 2007, 08:33:05 PM »

peace

Thanks for the link Jay, it's a great review.

But if I read this statement one more time I'm gonna go fuckin mad!
Though according to Carter, "it did take 3 guitarists to replace Slash,"
From the link posted by Dead N' Bloated

Slash WAS NOT THE ONLY GUITARIST GN'R had back in the day. What about IZZY STRADLIN and GILBY CLARKE?
Although the reviewer does go on to compliment the the current line-up, when are these reviewers going to stop thinking that Slash was the only guitarist in the old band.

Don't get me wrong I love Slash, think that he is an awesome guitarist, but he wasn't the only one there!

Ok rant over.
 peace

Yeah that pisses the fuck outta me to. I dont know why they even talk about Slash N' Duff in these reviews. They have not been in the band for a long time. And its not like some of these blokes in Guns N' Roses now are new faces. Robin has been in the band now for like 8 years. And Tommy was there before him. I dont get it.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #691 on: July 09, 2007, 11:49:40 PM »

Did anyone notice that one of the Jams at the 2nd sydney show was Alice Coopers Is it My Body?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #692 on: July 10, 2007, 12:24:27 AM »

Afterparty was nice. Couple of dickheads there but mainly really cool dudes.

Man I totally know what you mean here!!

Can't believe it's all over. Amazing weekend (only did the Melbourne shows).
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #693 on: July 10, 2007, 12:35:42 AM »

Where u backstage in Melbourne?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #694 on: July 10, 2007, 01:28:36 AM »

peace

Yeah I was Bro. So sorry I didn't get to meet up with you or anyone from here.

The time leading up to it was sooooooooo friggen busy, I didn't have a chance to check into the forums at all.

Have added ya on Myspace this arv - might trigger your memory as to which one I was (hopefully not one of the "dickheads" ya mentioned earlier Tongue )
Blackrose
Rocker

« Reply #695 on: July 10, 2007, 01:39:59 AM »

Yeah that pisses the fuck outta me to. I dont know why they even talk about Slash N' Duff in these reviews. They have not been in the band for a long time. And its not like some of these blokes in Guns N' Roses now are new faces. Robin has been in the band now for like 8 years. And Tommy was there before him. I dont get it.

peace

I guess it will take time untill some people accept GUNS N' ROSES as they are now.

All my friends that went to the concert(except those on this board) would not have known anything about the current line-up if it was not for me constantly giving them updates over the years Grin

When I told them GN'R were coming they were all excited and wanted tickets straight away. but then a couple of weeks before the show in Melbourne in couple of them asked "whats the new band like?" "Are they any good or not?" I just said come along to the show and you wont be dissapointed. Well they went to the show and everyone of them was very impressed with the line-up, and of course the whole perfomance.

So I think once people get to see them live and once the album comes out alot of this kind of bullshit will stop because people will realise that this is GUNS N' ROSES.

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #696 on: July 10, 2007, 07:49:30 PM »

peace

Yeah I was Bro. So sorry I didn't get to meet up with you or anyone from here.

The time leading up to it was sooooooooo friggen busy, I didn't have a chance to check into the forums at all.

Have added ya on Myspace this arv - might trigger your memory as to which one I was (hopefully not one of the "dickheads" ya mentioned earlier Tongue )

Did you see that blond chick walking around with the ONLY bottle of Jack? She was the Biggest queer cunt there. I was standing with Richard and this Blond and she said to him "I have only just accepted the New Guns N' Roses" and then asked about the album and a bunch of other stupid questions.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #697 on: July 11, 2007, 12:51:33 AM »

Did you see that blond chick walking around with the ONLY bottle of Jack? She was the Biggest queer cunt there. I was standing with Richard and this Blond and she said to him "I have only just accepted the New Guns N' Roses" and then asked about the album and a bunch of other stupid questions.

WHOA man - not sure I seen her!!

The one I was thinking of was a pretty short chick with short black hair. Kinda emo style if that's the word. She seemed to be driving everyone nuts that was in her vicinity.

Maybe they were friends!! Tongue

First night after party definitely was better!!
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #698 on: July 11, 2007, 03:41:03 AM »

The one I was thinking of was a pretty short chick with short black hair. Kinda emo style if that's the word. She seemed to be driving everyone nuts that was in her vicinity.

Yeah I remember her. She was a bit annoying. lol. But that blonde walked strait up to the table a grabbed the only bottle of Jack and walked away with it.

Did you see Dizzy's VB stubbie holder?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #699 on: July 11, 2007, 07:03:11 AM »

Yeah I remember her. She was a bit annoying. lol. But that blonde walked strait up to the table a grabbed the only bottle of Jack and walked away with it.

Did you see Dizzy's VB stubbie holder?

peace

Yeah I seem to recall people giving the digit behind her head in a couple of photos she was taking with band members!!

Nah didn't see that, but sounds very cool!!!

I didn't actually get to talk to all the band members - was a Bbf fan going to see him in his new band, rather than the Gnr fan that most of you guys are.

The shows were sooooooo friggen GOOD though - am definitely converted. Been playin "Appetite" lots since!!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: