Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:38:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 140683 times)
Yesterdaze
Opening Act

« Reply #680 on: January 07, 2008, 12:18:13 AM »

There's no need to justify myself. I heard similar information.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 12:58:33 AM by Yesterdaze » Logged
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #681 on: January 07, 2008, 10:57:38 AM »

There's no need to justify myself. I heard similar information.

You forgot to say 'but I won't say from who.'
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #682 on: January 07, 2008, 01:50:15 PM »

most of us hate fake insiders.

you might have nothing but I've had ass kicking tours new songs, updates and so on.

Really, you must live on a different planet. I have been to the shows(old and new), so I am happy with that. As far as the rest, same leaks redone 5 different ways, and the same old updates that dont really say anything for the past 5 years.

surely as i'm on a happy and positive planet.  yes

who said leeks?
it seems that the release is all you're after. after the release, what will you do when you hear it enough?

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #683 on: January 07, 2008, 02:22:17 PM »

you might have nothing but I've had ass kicking tours new songs, updates and so on.

Really, you must live on a different planet. I have been to the shows(old and new), so I am happy with that. As far as the rest, same leaks redone 5 different ways, and the same old updates that dont really say anything for the past 5 years.

who said leeks?
it seems that the release is all you're after. after the release, what will you do when you hear it enough?

If it's a great album, which most of us expect, there is no "enough."

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #684 on: January 07, 2008, 02:32:09 PM »

I mean those who think nothing can top afd say they are frustrated because of no new album...
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #685 on: January 07, 2008, 02:50:07 PM »

He's been around for awhile and has a good track record which is more that I can say for most people who register and post something cryptic.

those who think nothing can top afd

I can honestly say that I think I will enjoy "Chinese Democracy" more than I will "Appetite". I'll always remember when I was younger listening to the opening chords to Jungle and the awe-inspiring solo in Sweet Child not to mention the memories from the "Illusion" albums, but there's something intriguing around the new lineup. They have this mystique and effortless cool. Not to mention some pretty awesome songs.

But the fact remains. This is a new lineup, a new style, and a new direction. Just was "Illusion" differed from "Appetite". It should be judged differently.

You have to give the band credit. They're not looking to make another AFD. They're putting themselves out there with original material and doing something fresh. So, Axl and the boys aren't as decadent and reckless as they were in the earlier days. So what? They're risking years of effort and offering it up to our judgment. And for such an ambitious task of reinventing and resurrecting one of the greatest rock bands that ever graced the stage, I would definitely give the band the title "the most dangerous band in the world".

I'll cite the Download Festival in 2006 where many people in the crowd were yelling 'Where's Slash' and throwing bottles on the stage and shit like that. But then they saw the band, what they could do and they were won over. By the end of the night most were loving every minute of it and became one of the most highly reviewed shows of the whole 2006 Tour. I'm just curious to see who will stand up for this band when the album does come out? MTV? Rolling Stone? Klosterman?

Time will tell, but in more ways than one, this band deserves every bit of credit.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 02:59:59 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #686 on: January 07, 2008, 10:16:29 PM »

I can honestly say that I think I will enjoy "Chinese Democracy" more than I will "Appetite". I'll always remember when I was younger listening to the opening chords to Jungle and the awe-inspiring solo in Sweet Child not to mention the memories from the "Illusion" albums, but there's something intriguing around the new lineup. They have this mystique and effortless cool. Not to mention some pretty awesome songs.

But the fact remains. This is a new lineup, a new style, and a new direction. Just was "Illusion" differed from "Appetite". It should be judged differently.

You have to give the band credit. They're not looking to make another AFD. They're putting themselves out there with original material and doing something fresh. So, Axl and the boys aren't as decadent and reckless as they were in the earlier days. So what? They're risking years of effort and offering it up to our judgment. And for such an ambitious task of reinventing and resurrecting one of the greatest rock bands that ever graced the stage, I would definitely give the band the title "the most dangerous band in the world".

I'll cite the Download Festival in 2006 where many people in the crowd were yelling 'Where's Slash' and throwing bottles on the stage and shit like that. But then they saw the band, what they could do and they were won over. By the end of the night most were loving every minute of it and became one of the most highly reviewed shows of the whole 2006 Tour. I'm just curious to see who will stand up for this band when the album does come out? MTV? Rolling Stone? Klosterman?

Time will tell, but in more ways than one, this band deserves every bit of credit.

Good post.
I hope the album does come out this year and proves the new band's legitimacy, and extends the GNR footprint and legacy.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #687 on: January 08, 2008, 12:06:32 PM »

He's been around for awhile and has a good track record which is more that I can say for most people who register and post something cryptic.

I'm not saying he is one of fake insiders. no one is. but with reason a source is required.
his post doesn't inform anything other than somebody heard something similar from anybody. So did most of us like W 23 told Richard. In this case 'said who' is everything. Without it it's as useless as k!. We trust the band. the fact that this story hasn't killed yet by the camp via Jarmo Mysteron or certain other people yet is telling.

I can honestly say that I think I will enjoy "Chinese Democracy" more than I will "Appetite".

nice to see someone from my planet  beer but that was in reply to this post...

who said leeks?

if so, some posters who have already decided they won't like cd as much as afd or uyi, why they want to see the release so much?
without having heard afd enough, they are frustrated? how can it be possible?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 12:08:03 PM by ppbebe » Logged
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #688 on: January 08, 2008, 12:23:40 PM »

I'm not saying he is one of fake insiders. no one is. but with reason a source is required.
his post doesn't inform anything other than somebody heard something similar from anybody. So did most of us like W 23 told Richard. In this case 'said who' is everything. Without it it's as useless as k!. We trust the band. the fact that this story hasn't killed yet by the camp via Jarmo Mysteron or certain other people yet is telling.

I can honestly say that I think I will enjoy "Chinese Democracy" more than I will "Appetite".

nice to see someone from my planet? beer but that was in reply to this post...

surely as i'm on a happy and positive planet.? yes

who said leeks?

if so, some posters who have already decided they won't like cd as much as afd or uyi, why they want to see the release so much?
without having heard afd enough, they are frustrated? how can it be possible?

Actually, that is all MOST of really care about any more. The album is really all that is left to care about. If people cant admit that, than they are kidding themselves. As I have stated, I really like the shows and appreciate them. This band has shown to me that they can cover the old stuff really well. And again, if they come back around, I will see them for the 3rd time. It really is great to see and hear axl. But that still does not change the fact the the real band broke up to "go in different directions musically" and if you use the 1994 as the breakup date, than 14 years have passed and we still dont see this direction. So Yes, just like the rest of the people who grew up listening to the real band, as of today, The NEW music is really all the really matters. And CD hopefully will leave me wanting more, just like afd, uyi, lies, and SI did.
robertjohn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #689 on: January 08, 2008, 12:39:14 PM »

did the webmaster of this site confirm this as true??? I am very confused...
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #690 on: January 08, 2008, 02:06:43 PM »

Actually, that is all MOST of really care about any more. The album is really all that is left to care about. If people cant admit that, than they are kidding themselves. As I have stated, I really like the shows and appreciate them. This band has shown to me that they can cover the old stuff really well. And again, if they come back around, I will see them for the 3rd time. It really is great to see and hear axl. But that still does not change the fact the the real band broke up to "go in different directions musically" and if you use the 1994 as the breakup date, than 14 years have passed and we still dont see this direction. So Yes, just like the rest of the people who grew up listening to the real band, as of today, The NEW music is really all the really matters. And CD hopefully will leave me wanting more, just like afd, uyi, lies, and SI did.

Another very good post. The new music is where the legacy of the band lies. If it never sees the light of day, the new GNR will rot in people's memories as a "cover band with the original singer." The new music has to come out some time. Sure, it's a gamble. People may not like or respond to it. But without the album being released, the legitimacy of the new band will always be in question. Better to put it out and let the cards fall where they may rather than put it off another five or ten years.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #691 on: January 08, 2008, 03:13:39 PM »

I'm not saying he is one of fake insiders. no one is.
Give me Stickyfingers back! hihi
Quote from: ppbebe
I don't get it either, and Jarmo is right on more back in the thread. It's a lot of this silly whining all the time. Tongue

Yeah, it's been "soon" for quite a while but I'm still getting my hopes up.
If nothing happens (suprise hihi ) then there's plenty of other things to do than making ballads on forums. I hope we'll see it soon this year peace
nice to see someone from my planet
wave We come in peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: