Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:36:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 131697 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #780 on: November 12, 2008, 03:16:17 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riad_(Morocco)

I think it's this and not the Saudi capital.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #781 on: November 12, 2008, 08:34:40 PM »

Hm. Interesting. Is that where the bedhouins used to be?
I know a few things about them, but not enough about their location, though I do associate them with North African culture. What about the Middle East, is there any connection to them there? Personally I think Rhiad is going to be one of the most kick-ass songs on the album! It's the only song that's been played live that I haven't listened to since I got the bootleg back in early 2001. I can barely remember it, only vaguely the chorus, so it will be almost like a whole new song to me! peace
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 08:37:19 PM by The Shackler » Logged

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #782 on: November 12, 2008, 08:36:58 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedouins

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #783 on: November 12, 2008, 08:38:08 PM »

So lookin at the tracklist, looks like its almost an even split of rockers and ballads. Im diggin it!!!!

Cant wait for this motherfucker!!!!! drool
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #784 on: November 12, 2008, 08:40:11 PM »

So lookin at the tracklist, looks like its almost an even split of rockers and ballads. Im diggin it!!!!

I hope you're not counting There Was A Time as a ballad, even Catcher in the Rye is a stretch and at least a couple of those unheard ones are supposed to be pretty fucking hard-hitting, so I don't know where you get your seven ballads from. Personally I see Street of Dreams, This I love and Madagascar. I think it will be a surprisingly hard record.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

GN'R 2010!!!
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #785 on: November 12, 2008, 08:43:25 PM »

I forgot If The World. My bad. That makes it four as far as I can see.

GN'R 2010!!!
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #786 on: November 12, 2008, 09:02:22 PM »

I hope you're not counting There Was A Time as a ballad, even Catcher in the Rye is a stretch and at least a couple of those unheard ones are supposed to be pretty fucking hard-hitting, so I don't know where you get your seven ballads from. Personally I see Street of Dreams, This I love and Madagascar. I think it will be a surprisingly hard record.

Yeah a few of those have elements of both in it, thats why i said almost.  beer
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #787 on: November 13, 2008, 01:04:04 PM »

I know this will seem a stupid question but is anyone else looking forward to hearing IRS in it finished form, Probably  my favorite song ive herd so far! 
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #788 on: November 13, 2008, 01:15:15 PM »

As for the ballads on the tracklist I'm going to say "This I Love" is the main ballad on the album while "ballad" would definitely have to be defined in order to make an accurate assessment...as it's no longer the 1980's...and ballads have changed.  I'd have to agree with Sebastian Bach with his assessment on "Sorry" as that could also be a deeper, darker ballad...

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #789 on: November 13, 2008, 01:20:51 PM »

As for the ballads on the tracklist I'm going to say "This I Love" is the main ballad on the album while "ballad" would definitely have to be defined in order to make an accurate assessment...as it's no longer the 1980's...and ballads have changed.  I'd have to agree with Sebastian Bach with his assessment on "Sorry" as that could also be a deeper, darker ballad...

Plus the fact that GN'R's ballads never really were the same as their peers. They're ballads were in on a whole different level (November Rain, Estranged, etc.) Also, they werent the so called norm of what a ballad would have sounded like.
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #790 on: November 13, 2008, 01:25:41 PM »

^dont know if you class 'breakdown' as a ballad but is was certainly underated GNR song, and i agree 'sorry' could be the dark horse on CD
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #791 on: November 13, 2008, 02:22:41 PM »

I am a HUGE fan of the Illusion's albums...they were extremely underrated. 

The fact that a lot of the songs on them weren't very popular makes me wonder how some of these songs on Chinese Democracy are actually going to do in regards to being received by the public well. 

I'll never forget the Use Your Illusion review in Rolling Stone where the reviewer (forgot who it was) talked about "Don't Damn Me" as the best song on the album...which is interesting.  I LOVE "Don't Damn Me" but it certainly never became popular amongst the rest of the world...

It'll be curious to see which amazing songs we all have come to love will inevitably become the "sleepers" on this album...

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #792 on: November 13, 2008, 02:42:00 PM »

I am a HUGE fan of the Illusion's albums...they were extremely underrated. 

The fact that a lot of the songs on them weren't very popular makes me wonder how some of these songs on Chinese Democracy are actually going to do in regards to being received by the public well. 

I'll never forget the Use Your Illusion review in Rolling Stone where the reviewer (forgot who it was) talked about "Don't Damn Me" as the best song on the album...which is interesting.  I LOVE "Don't Damn Me" but it certainly never became popular amongst the rest of the world...

It'll be curious to see which amazing songs we all have come to love will inevitably become the "sleepers" on this album...

Actually, THAT'S one of the things I really liked about the Illusions albums....almost everyone had their own 'best song on the albums" pick.  There was something for pretty much everyone....and there were songs on there that some consider filler, or sleepers, that were GREAT stuff and others thought were the strongest material there.

I think we're going to see something similar with CD.  Sort of a real eclectic assortment of material, where the song YOU love and can't imagine the album without others will think is good, but not "the best song".  The song THEY think is "the best song" is one you could skip past after having heard it 10 times or so.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #793 on: November 13, 2008, 02:51:13 PM »

You're absolutely right.  Couldn't have said it better myself.  I feel the same way about the Illusion albums.  Personally, I have a new favorite song on those albums every other week.  And then they recycle back and forth.  I can't really name a bad song out of the entire 2 album set. 

To be honest, I've already heard it on this board where some songs people feel are the best ever while they feel others aren't as great as the ones I may feel are incredible.  I guess you can say this happens with any album...but to ones of the magnitude of Guns n Roses...it just makes more sense and is more in the forefront. 

Needless to say, it's going to be interesting whether you love it or hate it...and as much as the "haters" pretend to think they're going on this "crusade" against Axl Rose for no reason...they're probably putting in more time and effort caring about the status of Axl himself than maybe even some of the big time Axl fans...

eragon
Rocker

« Reply #794 on: November 13, 2008, 03:06:16 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riad_(Morocco)

I think it's this and not the Saudi capital.

Riad:
a garden inside Morocco's houses

Garden of eden pt.2  Grin
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #795 on: November 13, 2008, 03:13:16 PM »

I know this will seem a stupid question but is anyone else looking forward to hearing IRS in it finished form, Probably  my favorite song ive herd so far! 

No, it's just you. Of course we are looking forward to hearing IRS in the finished form, it's on Chinese Democracy! And yes, it is one of my absolute favourites as well.

GN'R 2010!!!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #796 on: November 13, 2008, 03:57:47 PM »

I think IRS and Better are what I'm waiting to hear most. Mostly because of Frank. I'm hoping his two bad ass drums fills (one in IRS and one in Better) will be on the finished product! (crosses fingers)

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #797 on: November 13, 2008, 04:50:44 PM »

It's true that many people don't see the brilliance of IRS though. I would call it my favourite of the new songs as well, although Madagascar and There Was A Time come extremely close. IRS was played at one of the concerts I attended on the 2006 tour, and although I was clapping and cheering vigourously after the song ended, most people were just standing and sitting there dumbfounded like they've been hit with something they didn't get or understand at all. Fuckers. IRS rules, but even my own sister has told me it wasn't any good. If she wasn't my own flesh and blood, I'd have to smack her for saying something like that hihi I guess it's one of the songs you just have to "get", though.

GN'R 2010!!!
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #798 on: November 13, 2008, 10:57:25 PM »

^dont know if you class 'breakdown' as a ballad but is was certainly underated GNR song, and i agree 'sorry' could be the dark horse on CD

good call! breakdown is one of my favorite songs on the uyi albums. I love the words!
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #799 on: November 15, 2008, 02:20:48 AM »

I'm very interested in hearing the finished version of Riad. smoking

GN'R 2010!!!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: