Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:10:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RADIO REQUEST Info / Internet Polls For "Better" and "CD" Single VOTE + REQUEST!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RADIO REQUEST Info / Internet Polls For "Better" and "CD" Single VOTE + REQUEST!  (Read 137230 times)
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #460 on: November 18, 2008, 12:05:53 AM »

It seems like "Chinese Democracy" is peaking just now or has just peaked at radio.  It's still holding strong at #3 on Mainstream Rock and #8 on Active Rock on All Access, but the increase in spins is less than 10 for each format.  I think that since the single just went on sale last week on iTunes, it's possible that it will move up even higher than #5 on Billboard this week.  I think it will likely go to #3 or so, that's my guess.

But, it seems that the timing of the release of "Better" is perfect, right before the album comes out and just as "Chinese Democracy" is peaking.  It's also much poppier than "Chinese Democracy", so it could have a much longer stay on the charts than "Chinese Democracy".

Good call by the label, management and the band.

Ali

Good analysis...Agreed...Better is ideal in that it appeals to old fans and new fans alike.
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #461 on: November 18, 2008, 01:08:15 PM »

It seems like "Chinese Democracy" is peaking just now or has just peaked at radio.  It's still holding strong at #3 on Mainstream Rock and #8 on Active Rock on All Access, but the increase in spins is less than 10 for each format.  I think that since the single just went on sale last week on iTunes, it's possible that it will move up even higher than #5 on Billboard this week.  I think it will likely go to #3 or so, that's my guess.

But, it seems that the timing of the release of "Better" is perfect, right before the album comes out and just as "Chinese Democracy" is peaking.  It's also much poppier than "Chinese Democracy", so it could have a much longer stay on the charts than "Chinese Democracy".

Good call by the label, management and the band.

Ali

Good analysis...Agreed...Better is ideal in that it appeals to old fans and new fans alike.

"Better" is better - if you know what I mean.
:-)

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #462 on: November 19, 2008, 08:28:06 AM »

Edge is a big station in Toronto,

They want to know if they should play Chinese Democracy

Go here to vote:
http://www.edge.ca/Blogs/Feedback/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10011679

I voted but we're only @ 49%  Embarrassed

The Edge is a HUGE Online Station and one of the biggest stations in Toronto which is the 4th biggest market in Canada / USA. We need to get this one higher!

ok

We were up in the 80% but now we're down to 64%
 Angry

Keep voting please!

They're going to be talking about Chinese Democracy in a few minutes. You can listen Online @ www.edge.ca then Click Listen Live @ the Top of the Page

And Keep Voting please!

ok

Down to 58% now.

WTF happened???
 Huh

edgerequests@edge.ca

You can also email them here to request Chinese Democracy.

ok

FINAL RESULTS!

Please request "Better" @ this email address:

edgerequests@edge.ca

They've barely been playing "Chinese Democracy" lately and I haven't heard them play "Better" at all.

Please email and request "Better"!!!

Thanks!!

ok

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #463 on: November 19, 2008, 10:14:33 AM »

I don't think ALL stations received "Better".  I haven't heard it hear in CT or on Sirius, but I'm still hearing CD.  I e-mailed WCCC in CT about it and never got a response.  When I e-mailed them about CD they responded quickly, so I'm guessing they never received the single.  Also never got a response from Sirius Octane.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #464 on: November 19, 2008, 01:12:11 PM »

I don't think ALL stations received "Better".  I haven't heard it hear in CT or on Sirius, but I'm still hearing CD.  I e-mailed WCCC in CT about it and never got a response.  When I e-mailed them about CD they responded quickly, so I'm guessing they never received the single.  Also never got a response from Sirius Octane.

If that's the case then that's really odd!

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #465 on: November 19, 2008, 01:20:49 PM »

I got an email back from Picozzi at CCC on Monday.  They should have it, now...or shortly.  He said by midweek they'd have it. He was in the process of trying to figure out why they DIDN'T get it on Monday, since Hartford is one of the biggest radio markets in the country (odd, I know), and CCC is the biggest rock station in the market.  He was ranting a bit about being ignored because they're not a "corporate station".  He also said they're still getting a LOT of play out of CD, so it will be tough to rotate in another single by them to spin, but they'll find a way.

Octane, as with most Sirius music stations, is pre-programmed about a week out.  I didn't hear CD (on FACTION, not Octane, FYI) until the Monday after it was played nationally. Do you remember if you heard it any sooner than that?  I could have just had bad timing later in the week.

I'd expect them to have it either LATE this week, this weekend, or more likely early next week.  I can NEVER get those folks to respond to email, with the exception of Kayla, who's usually pretty good about it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #466 on: November 19, 2008, 05:46:19 PM »

Better is premiering in 15 minutes on WZBH "The Beach" in lower Delaware, Maryland eastern shore, and I'm sure parts of Virginia!!!!!!!!  6:00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   beer  1-800-234-9350, I know I'm calling to let 'em know what I think, c'mon Gunners!  Support the best new single in years of rock music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #467 on: November 19, 2008, 06:36:29 PM »

I got an email back from Picozzi at CCC on Monday.  They should have it, now...or shortly.  He said by midweek they'd have it. He was in the process of trying to figure out why they DIDN'T get it on Monday, since Hartford is one of the biggest radio markets in the country (odd, I know), and CCC is the biggest rock station in the market.  He was ranting a bit about being ignored because they're not a "corporate station".  He also said they're still getting a LOT of play out of CD, so it will be tough to rotate in another single by them to spin, but they'll find a way.

Octane, as with most Sirius music stations, is pre-programmed about a week out.  I didn't hear CD (on FACTION, not Octane, FYI) until the Monday after it was played nationally. Do you remember if you heard it any sooner than that?  I could have just had bad timing later in the week.

I'd expect them to have it either LATE this week, this weekend, or more likely early next week.  I can NEVER get those folks to respond to email, with the exception of Kayla, who's usually pretty good about it.
Hopefully WCCC doesn't hold a grudge against GNR for not getting "Better".

Octane played "Chinese Democracy" the first day it was out.  It was on their nightly top 5 countdown (which they no longer do by the way since the whole channel reallignment) that first week.  They're still playing it pretty heavily.  Still haven't heard "Better" though and they don't even mention it when talking about CD or GNR.  I have a hard time getting a response from anyone at Sirius too.  I've e-mailed Kayla a few times and never gotten a response.  Really the only one who ever responded to me was Rockin' Robyn Lane, who I don't think works there any longer.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ianlei
Neon Bomb!
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #468 on: November 20, 2008, 08:07:28 AM »

Just heard an advert on NME radio in the UK, they are having a GN'R day on Monday to celebrate the album's release and will be playing tracks from the album throughout the day. (looking at their website, the song 'Chinese Democracy' is in their 'A' Playlist too).

I also caught the end of a programme on Q radio (i think) the other night, it was a profile on GN'R and i heard the last 2 songs, 'Oh My God' and 'Chin Dem'.......nice to hear GN'R again these days!

Ian
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #469 on: November 20, 2008, 06:49:51 PM »

I  heard "Better" on Sirius Octane driving home from work today for the first time.  So it's on Sirius now.  Feel free to request it, AND Chinese Democracy at http://www.sirius.com/octane.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #470 on: November 20, 2008, 06:54:07 PM »

I turned the radio on today in the car and heard a part of some new GNR song, heard Axl's voice and shut it off quick. I guess they played it in full though, all the GNR songs were listed in the 'last played' on their website...

'Don't you try to stop us now...' was part of the lyrics, so IDK but I assume it's a new song.

GeraldFord
« Reply #471 on: November 20, 2008, 07:09:56 PM »

WAAF played "Shackler's Revenge" last night.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #472 on: November 20, 2008, 07:15:34 PM »

I turned the radio on today in the car and heard a part of some new GNR song, heard Axl's voice and shut it off quick. I guess they played it in full though, all the GNR songs were listed in the 'last played' on their website...

'Don't you try to stop us now...' was part of the lyrics, so IDK but I assume it's a new song.

That's one of the 3 new songs I think.  Scraped maybe?  I still haven't listened to the 3 previously unheard songs (until tomorrow night) so I can't say for sure.  That part was in one of those promos though.

neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #473 on: November 20, 2008, 07:25:40 PM »

I  heard "Better" on Sirius Octane driving home from work today for the first time.  So it's on Sirius now.  Feel free to request it, AND Chinese Democracy at http://www.sirius.com/octane.

Requested.

Can you guys please request "Better"@:

edgerequests@edge.ca

Thanks!
 beer

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #474 on: November 20, 2008, 07:40:56 PM »

Requested.

edgerequests@edge.ca

Thanks!
 beer

I requested both songs.  Can't forget about CD!

Mechanical-Worm
« Reply #475 on: November 20, 2008, 07:42:55 PM »

Scraped.

I've heard Chinese Democracy a few times since it became a single back in October, that's about it.
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #476 on: November 20, 2008, 08:24:33 PM »

Requested.

edgerequests@edge.ca

Thanks!
 beer

I requested both songs.  Can't forget about CD!

Good point!
 beer

Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #477 on: November 20, 2008, 09:50:09 PM »

Here in Providence, RI, 94hjy played like 8-9  songs from the album between 12-1 pm...Including TIL, IRS, Better...etc. The whole hour was for the new Album!!!! yes I sat in my "Mailman" van the whole time..no mail was delivered  Lips Sealed..lol... Also WAAF from Boston is playing a different track from the album every hour on the hour... so its gettin alot of 'publicity'.
Jbat

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #478 on: November 21, 2008, 05:03:09 AM »

102.1 The Edge added Better to their playlist.
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #479 on: November 21, 2008, 08:45:07 PM »

K-Rock 92.3 in NYC has started playing a cut from the album every hour, and at midnight today they are gonna play the whole thing straight through

Heard There Was a Time in the car on the way home, was FUCKING AWESOME

If  you are in the area listen @ the top of every hour for the song and vote afterwards on what you think of it @ k-rock

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: