Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:07:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 121790 times)
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #680 on: March 14, 2009, 12:29:11 PM »

This part of the interview still puzzles me.

Del James: As reported, were you, either in your mind or otherwise, trying to create the "best album ever made"?

Axl Rose: No. That's f---ing ridiculous and more negative media nonsense. We were all just trying to do our best for the fans and ourselves.

At any point did you feel or say either you or the band had to make a "masterpiece"?

Of course not -- more unaccountable nonsense. Obviously, media, elements of the public, fans and our detractors had all kinds of things going on such as high hopes, expectations, pressure, naysayers, etc. I don't think anyone would mind discovering a diamond mine and I don't think anyone in any competitive field would get very far if they didn't have dreams, aspirations or simply hope to do well. That said, these types of comments are more from our detractors, pulled out of their ass if not thin air.

Why this lack of ambition? I just can't understand it. All those years, why didn't he try to make each song great, add a little guitar fill here or there, maybe even add an orchestra, a choir or even a harp to various songs, maybe double the guitar sound by having more than two guitar players.

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Annie
« Reply #681 on: March 14, 2009, 01:24:59 PM »

Del James: As reported, were you, either in your mind or otherwise, trying to create the "best album ever made"?

Axl Rose: No. That's f---ing ridiculous and more negative media nonsense. We were all just trying to do our best for the fans and ourselves.

At any point did you feel or say either you or the band had to make a "masterpiece"?

Of course not -- more unaccountable nonsense. Obviously, media, elements of the public, fans and our detractors had all kinds of things going on such as high hopes, expectations, pressure, naysayers, etc. I don't think anyone would mind discovering a diamond mine and I don't think anyone in any competitive field would get very far if they didn't have dreams, aspirations or simply hope to do well. That said, these types of comments are more from our detractors, pulled out of their ass if not thin air.

Why this lack of ambition? I just can't understand it. All those years, why didn't he try to make each song great, add a little guitar fill here or there, maybe even add an orchestra, a choir or even a harp to various songs, maybe double the guitar sound by having more than two guitar players.
Each song is great. Uncle Axl is just showing a little humility.
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #682 on: March 14, 2009, 01:30:36 PM »

audjon, is this comment tongue in cheek? cause obviously he tried to do all to do all of these...

anyway for me this one was one of Axl's best answers in the interview; mature, real and humble. peace

homo homini lupus...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #683 on: March 14, 2009, 01:44:36 PM »

All those years, why didn't he try to make each song great, add a little guitar fill here or there, maybe even add an orchestra, a choir or even a harp to various songs, maybe double the guitar sound by having more than two guitar players.

audjon, is this comment tongue in cheek? cause obviously he tried to do all to do all of these...

obviously it is.  hihi

I like this bit.
"We were all just trying to do our best for the fans and ourselves."

Why thank you.  peace whatever axl says, for me cd is a masterpiece and the best album so far.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: