Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:39:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award  (Read 135131 times)
Annie
« Reply #500 on: April 26, 2014, 02:19:25 PM »

Jarmo were you at the show?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #501 on: April 26, 2014, 02:36:09 PM »

No.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Annie
« Reply #502 on: April 26, 2014, 02:48:49 PM »

Bummer. I would have liked to have seen some of your pics.
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #503 on: April 27, 2014, 03:28:03 AM »

Loved 'Its So Easy' from the show. Great to see these guys playing award shows (and reciving awards) - Long may it continue. So many positives. Yes, there are slight negatives as people comment - I think we live with those now and move on - I'd still take seeing these guys smashing it over the next few years playing, rather than Axl 'retire' just because the voice isnt as it was. What a waste. However.... and its a biggie, I still believe there are songs which still sound great live..('Easy', Mr B, Estranged etc etc) but also those that are difficult for me to watch.  Its clear to see 'Better' sounds horrible live. It even looks like an obvious struggle whilst being performed. Has done for a while. Love that song - up there with his best. But needs to be left out of Live shows forever unfortunately. But huge congrats to Axl - over the years he has missed out on many deserving awards - probably often over looked because he stays away from such limelight.

I agree. It's So Easy was a great opener for the show and it felt really good to me. It's also so amazing to see Duff and Axl side by side singing ISE, shivers went down my spine when I was watching that!

After ISE things started getting more difficult though. Axl had problems with songs like Better, and I totally agree with you that it's a very hard song for Axl to sing properly live, maybe too hard these days (You Could Be Mine is another one that could be added to this list). On the other hand it was kind of strange that they played aggressive song like Better and immetiadely started This I Love, because you could see that Axl was out of breath at that point (he had problems with TIL because of that). Maybe they could have played Estranged and Mr. Brownstone instead or YCBM and Better? I don't know.

All in all Axl's falsetto(?) sounds weak nowadays (you can immediately hear it) but his head voice (I think it's that?) is stronger of course and that's why he still kicks ass with songs like ISE and Mr. Brownstone. It's So Easy was definitely the high point of the evening (and also the good old snake dance during SCOM, after where do we go now part  peace), but Axl struggled with Better and YCBM for example and I felt kind of bad watching those  Undecided.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 03:35:21 AM by Jude » Logged

gnrfan89
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #504 on: April 27, 2014, 01:00:19 PM »

Here's my take on the Golden Gods performance for what it's worth.

In my opinion it's undeniable that Axl struggled at times during this performance but I don't believe it's age or that he's lost something lately. Go to YouTube and listen to WTTJ from just a few days prior. He sounds AWESOME!! Listen to TIL. Again, AWESOME!! For those who say he can't sing Better live, listen to Better from Fortaleza.  Sounds pretty damn good to me. I believe he was not able to properly warm up as he would for a regular show. As has been pointed out by many, the way Axl sings has to be very hard on his voice. Proper prep for a show is essential and the award show timing had to be hard on him. I say for all who question why, on occasion, they come on stage a bit late; perhaps this is your answer. When properly prepared, Axl pumps out 23+ song performances on a regular basis, many of them of the throat shredding variety. Who else is doing that at any age?

I've seen Guns six times since '06 and I'm attending another 2 shows in June. I haven't been disappointed yet and I expect two great performances to end the upcoming residency.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 02:09:14 PM by gnrfan89 » Logged

09/06 SF
12/06 Oakland
10/20/12 Mtn View
10/21/12 Mtn View
11/23/12 LV
11/24/12 LV
06/06/14 LV
06/07/14 LV
04/08/16 LV
04/09/16 LV
08/16 SF
11/17 Oakland
08/21 SJ
10/08/23 Aftershock
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #505 on: April 27, 2014, 03:28:57 PM »

^ That might be it. Axl's voice is usually hit or miss these days, but when he nails it, it really is magical.  peace  And on the other hand it's good to remember how aggressive Axl's singing style is, that must be really hard on his vocal cords and STILL he's doing shows that last over 2 hours, not many singers can do that at that age and especially with that singing style.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 03:38:26 PM by Jude » Logged

AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #506 on: April 27, 2014, 04:16:40 PM »

So?... Whats your point? If they knew a shorter set was gonna be tough play the songs that are less of a 'struggle'. Doesnt take a brainiac.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #507 on: April 27, 2014, 08:26:04 PM »

dj on scom: spinal tap-vibe any1? Grin

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #508 on: April 27, 2014, 08:30:29 PM »

Im waiting for revolver to upload the shows or a song  smoking
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #509 on: April 27, 2014, 08:37:51 PM »

Stonehenge

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #510 on: April 28, 2014, 09:09:33 AM »

Stonehenge

More like when Nigel's wireless picks up the air traffic control tower.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #511 on: April 28, 2014, 12:17:17 PM »

Stonehenge

More like when Nigel's wireless picks up the air traffic control tower.

HAHAHA

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #512 on: April 28, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »

I re watched the performance... and truthfully I think it's very good other than the mishap with the guitar

Axl's stage presence is just something you cant teach or learn, i sure do hope this is not the last we see of Duff

and since nobody seems willing to have a real answer behind Tommy's no show at the golden gods... there is probably a chance of more Duff performacnes

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #513 on: April 28, 2014, 01:43:07 PM »

I re watched the performance... and truthfully I think it's very good other than the mishap with the guitar

Axl's stage presence is just something you cant teach or learn, i sure do hope this is not the last we see of Duff

and since nobody seems willing to have a real answer behind Tommy's no show at the golden gods... there is probably a chance of more Duff performacnes

The mishap with the guitar and the vocals on 'This I Love' would be the only negatives I saw.

And the guitar, that's on the tech.  Who has already been let go, and for good reason.  'This I Love' was not particularly crisp, but I even question the inclusion on of that one at all. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #514 on: April 28, 2014, 02:03:22 PM »

The mishap with the guitar and the vocals on 'This I Love' would be the only negatives I saw.

And the guitar, that's on the tech.  Who has already been let go, and for good reason.  'This I Love' was not particularly crisp, but I even question the inclusion on of that one at all. 

Wait, the tech was fired after the show?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #515 on: April 28, 2014, 02:16:12 PM »

Wait, the tech was fired after the show?

Yeah, its on MYGNR.

You had to do it.  I won't go as far as to say its the guy's only job, but its his more important one.  After a high profile fuck-up like that, you are gone.  You can shake a tree and find 10 more guys to do that job.

Annie
« Reply #516 on: April 28, 2014, 04:16:13 PM »

I was totally blown away that This I love was included in the set list! I thought it was a beautiful performance!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #517 on: April 28, 2014, 06:51:33 PM »

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #518 on: April 28, 2014, 07:36:20 PM »

I was totally blown away that This I love was included in the set list! I thought it was a beautiful performance!

I always like when he gets to the 'I thought, I searched the universe'-part. Sounds like he rly means it.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #519 on: April 28, 2014, 10:11:51 PM »

They should just hire you.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: