Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:01:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 120936 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: August 23, 2015, 08:16:53 PM »

I know the reunion subject has been beaten to death in the past but given the latest turn of events (although still not completely clear in my eyes), I decided to make this thread.

*If* Slash and Axl are indeed on speaking terms, and *if* there's a chance the two of them would want to work together again, how would you rather see that fold out? What we do know is that there's at least one guitar spot open at the moment (dependent on whether or not Axl wants to continue with either 2 or 3 players). At least there haven't been announced any replacements yet.

So, back to the prospect of old members coming back...

Would you be most comfortable with a complete reunion of the classic line-up, maybe with either Gilby or Matt as one of the members? I'm factoring in some realism here, as we know Izzy ain't that fond of committing to tour, and Steven... well.

Axl
Slash
Duff
Izzy or Gilby
Steven or Matt

Or..

Would you see a line-up with a mix of new and old as something cool? Could this be classified as a reunion of sorts?

Axl
Slash
Duff or Tommy
Richard
Frank
Dizzy
Chris

Personally I think the choice would be a "give and take" situation, where with the first alternative we would most likely say goodbye to much of the Chinese-era material, but the live shows would be the classic songs played by the song writers. Would they create new music together again? Not sure...

In the second alternative, I think there would be a slightly bigger chance of hearing more Chinese-era songs in concert, and the release of CD2 might not be scrapped either. And still, many people could have a wish come true by seeing Axl and Slash on the same stage again.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 08:57:58 PM »

If a reunion does happen, I'm thinking it'll be a mix. I think it'll be Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Dizzy, Chris, and either Frank or Sorum on drums. If Sorum then I do see Adler coming back as well due to what Sorum has said.  Preferable, I would like to see Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven or  Matt.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 08:21:07 AM by draguns » Logged
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 10:27:28 PM »

Axl
Slash
Izzy
Duff
Steven or matt..

I could cop Gilby coming in for Izzy if Izzy isnt interested.. but for me.. thats where it ends as far as the players id want to see back in.

Dizzy will be there clapping or whatever it is he does as well . Cheesy
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 10:48:38 PM »

It would be interesting if they did a Kings of Chaos/Guns N Roses hybrid where they wouldn't just do GNR songs. I think that would take the reunion pressure off of the whole thing and just make it about the music.

Sillything
VIP

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 02:20:46 AM »

Any kind of lineup with Axl, Slash, Duff! Izzy probably would not like to do any extensive touring, but having him guesting whenever he wants would be supercool! Might aswell go along with Fortus in that scenario since Gilby  is the guitarrist that have made the least impression on me.
I would love to have Steven Adler on! If his health allows it??? If not go with Frank and have Steven as a guest as much as his health allows.
They can drop Chris, because clapping and strange noise? I see myself in that position, out in the audience Grin

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
w.david rose
Rocker

"I Believe In Israel"- W.AXL ROSE 13.06.06

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 02:45:48 AM »

First of all I don't think that Reunion (if gonna happen ever) is going to be that soon.
If it happens on the near future (still doubt it) then I guess that Mr.C and Duff are the only ones who gonna join the Current Lineup (No Popcorn or Sorum).
Izzy maybe gonna join for few shows and for few songs... Izzy is Izzy...
Seems like Frank, Richard, Mother Goose and Mr.Reed are staying.
I hope to hear at least 2 Albums of Chinese Era before a Reunion and Tour with new material.
"Not to be an A@%hole" but I prefer NuGNR stuff and very courios of thing that been recorded in 2001-2008.
I realy want Axl to be happy on stage with the right Musicians on his "Million Dollar vision".
The 2009-2014 lineup was my Fav on the last decade and for me - Bumble and DJ was "better" for the Band for touring  than Bucket and Robin.
Didn't like Robin's solo's for Appetite and old GNR'S songs. same about Bucket. not talking about the writing for Chinese etc...

the most sick fan in the middle east
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 06:35:26 AM »

If you are gonna do it - do it right

Original 5 - play a few shows & see how it goes -

If there's going to be an album in the future - I would expect no less than 100 people working on it anyway..so everyone should be in the mix one way or another
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 09:47:33 AM »

I love the new guys but I can't say it wouldn't be cool to see the original band together for at least one last show.  Obviously it would be a huge deal... maybe like a halftime show at the Super Bowl.  Just a thought/ daydream lol

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 01:20:58 PM »

There are a lot of "ifs" there Spirit. Wink

It would be amazing to see Axl and Slash play together again, if they really want it and its not just for money or whatever. As for the rest i love Duff and Tommy so difficult to pick... Franck and Brain are cool, Steven and Matt bring something else.

I agree with the mix of old and new. Actually i dont know how Richard would feel about this...and of course Izzy wouldnt want to do a whole big tour, just a few guest appearances?

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 01:51:58 PM »

I don't really see the reasoning to mix and match line-ups.

Unless it was the only to do it because someone doesn't want to (Izzy) or someone is too much of an unreliable fuck-up (Steven).

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 02:07:49 PM »

Straight up reunion, I would want this lineup:
Slash Izzy Axl Duff Matt Dizzy

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 02:19:55 PM »

I am excited about the possibilities, but I am concerned that this may put Chinese part 2 in doubt

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 02:36:51 PM »

Same here.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 02:39:29 PM »

Axl
Slash
Buckethead
Richard
Duff
Dizzy
Brain

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 02:41:55 PM »

I would love say a full out reunion.   With say 10 sold out shows, spread out across North America Edmonton will have a new arena in 2016, just saying....

Follow that full on reunion with a new concert blue ray.   Covering the shows as well as some behind the sceans fottage

As for the est of the world, how about a tour mix/mashed with players.   Slash lives touring, but izzy doesn't.   So bring in other players here and there when others don't want to

Best case would have Robin follow with the band.  Playing lead only on Chinese songs....
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 03:41:09 PM »

The new band is better than the old one.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 03:41:50 PM »

Same here.

Agreed. But let's say Izzy didn't want to tour (wouldn't be entirely shocking), I wouldn't be bummed if Fortus toured, as he is an incredible rhythm guitarist and would crush the songs with Slash.

That said, I don't see even Izzy passing up on such a momentous reunion, aversion to touring or not.

Side note: Steven might just kill himself if this happened and he was not included.  Undecided
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2015, 03:45:16 PM »

If there is a chance in the near or distant future for a reunion,I would want the Illusions lineup,plus Steven.
But who would play the Chinese Democracy songs ? Fortus should have a place on the stage.Pitman too.
It's complicated.....

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2015, 03:54:20 PM »

If there is a chance in the near or distant future for a reunion,I would want the Illusions lineup,plus Steven.
But who would play the Chinese Democracy songs ? Fortus should have a place on the stage.Pitman too.
It's complicated.....

Fortus would fit nicely in I think. Maybe Izzy and Fortus could alternate?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2015, 04:07:47 PM »

I don't want to see a reunion. The past is gone.

Realistically, I could see Duff doing it. Slash wouldn't want to play the CD songs, and his style wouldn't work with the CD songs. Izzy wouldn't tour. Adler? No, he's not a good enough drummer now for the job. Matt? He's a machine, and whilst very good for then.. not GNR now.

I don't want the GNR Nostalgia Machine. I want GNR in 2015, going forward, not back.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: