Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:22:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 121041 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #760 on: October 14, 2015, 05:15:22 PM »

Yes.  That's why it's unfortunate he didn't let her family press charges against him

Maybe so.  But it would've been hard to prove.  You believe Axl?  Funny, because Axl himself couldn't have testified, since he wasn't there.  He's only going on the stories he heard.

Steven has always claimed that Andy McCoy and/or his wife were responsible.  Again, you can argue that Steven lied, but it has to be proven in a court of law.  At the end of the day, it would've been Steven's word against McCoy's, which would've had to carry proof beyond a reasonable doubt.  Not likely to have earned a conviction unless there's further evidence we never heard about.

Furthermore, Erin's family could've done what they wanted.  They didn't have to listen to Axl if they believed they had something.

In the end, Steven is only as guilty of harming Erin as Axl is.  Either way, neither was charged or proven to have done anything from a legal standpoint, which puts them both on the same plane.  The only thing you've got is what you believe, but the hypocrisy comes in when you start holding one man to certain standards but not the other man.
I don't believe anything thAt Steven Adler has to say about anything.  A good district attorney would have no problem ripping him to shreds.  He probably would have copped a plea for drug rehab to avoid jail time anyway.  Axl has always been very honest about his shortcomings unlike Adler. I wish I was better at posting links to the interviews Axl did about the incident. And like I said. If I had been Erins nurse I would have provided everybody with the necessary guidance and support from trained professionals to effectively press charges. 

I'm glad people like you don't have a say on anything. society just wouldn't work.
there are stories floating around and you give Steven a f'n hard time for it. Axl maybe hit women or whatever and you're just downplaying that fact. horrible.

not that I really give a damn about these stories (because you just don't know what happened!)

As Bridge put it: "You only have hearsay, accusation, and personal belief to feel otherwise, which paints you out to be a hypocrite really, since you're so willing to believe Steven is guilty but Axl isn't."

spot on.

Another well known poster on here is guilty of the same.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #761 on: October 14, 2015, 06:19:01 PM »

I agree with JAEBALL.  This is getting pretty out of hand.

And the point, if there ever was one, seems to have been lost a few pages ago.

Agreed- Bickering about 20 year old issues belongs in the dead horse section IMO.

On topic-
My viewpoint on a reunion is that I will be happy, and supportive with whatever GNR decides to do, and will gladly go see whatever GNR tour there is  peace
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 06:21:10 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #762 on: October 14, 2015, 09:58:22 PM »

I agree with JAEBALL.  This is getting pretty out of hand.

And the point, if there ever was one, seems to have been lost a few pages ago.

Agreed- Bickering about 20 year old issues belongs in the dead horse section IMO.

On topic-
My viewpoint on a reunion is that I will be happy, and supportive with whatever GNR decides to do, and will gladly go see whatever GNR tour there is  peace

Great !!!

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #763 on: October 15, 2015, 09:08:07 AM »

Axl is Guns N' Roses, he doesn't need hair metal has-beens tarnishing the GN'R name he's worked so hard to build the last 20 years.
back to mono
Opening Act

Just one Fix

« Reply #764 on: October 15, 2015, 09:10:23 AM »

Axl is Guns N' Roses, he doesn't need hair metal has-beens tarnishing the GN'R name he's worked so hard to build the last 20 years.
So you skip over AFD in your GUNS Music collection??
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #765 on: October 15, 2015, 09:12:26 AM »

So you skip over AFD is your GUNS Music collection??

Chinese Democracy is all that matters when it comes to GN'R. Axl even said it himself back in 1999:
"This wasn't Guns N` Roses, but I feel it is Guns N` Roses now.''

Do you agree with Axl or not? Is the band not Axl's band to define as he pleases? Are you a fan?
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #766 on: October 15, 2015, 10:54:19 AM »

Chinese Democracy is all that matters when it comes to GN'R. Axl even said it himself back in 1999:

Do you agree with Axl or not? Is the band not Axl's band to define as he pleases? Are you a fan?

WTF ?

Shocked

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #767 on: October 15, 2015, 11:15:01 AM »

So you skip over AFD in your GUNS Music collection??

To me that post just looks as a poor attempt at trolling.
Wouldn't expect anything less from this poster.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #768 on: October 15, 2015, 02:07:14 PM »

Your trolling is cracking me up??!!! rofl rofl rofl

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #769 on: October 15, 2015, 03:12:48 PM »

Your trolling is cracking me up??!!! rofl rofl rofl

I don't find it amusing at all, but considering the type of refuse he posts on other forums it's to be expected.

Never was a miser a brave soul.
George Herbert
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 03:18:02 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #770 on: October 16, 2015, 04:25:30 PM »

Open your eyes people

The reunion will be the best. The best!! Remember that when you go to the stadium. All fans that never post on forums (millions) will go to see the band that got in love in the best time of his lifes.

When u see it... youll shit bricks! i hope not passing out when i see that first song opening.

axlvai
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #771 on: October 17, 2015, 02:06:45 PM »

My viewpoint on a reunion is that the world is a better place with Guns N' Roses than it is without.   

If its the original 5, that is cool.   If its new guitar players and proceed with CD2, that is cool.   If its some hybrid combo of both worlds, that is cool.   

beer
scans n' copies
Headliner

I still say "OK, nevermind" when I hear s.o.d.

« Reply #772 on: October 17, 2015, 02:38:58 PM »

My viewpoint on a reunion is that the world is a better place with Guns N' Roses than it is without.   

If its the original 5, that is cool.   If its new guitar players and proceed with CD2, that is cool.   If its some hybrid combo of both worlds, that is cool.   

beer

Well said!!!  I'd love to see a reunion but any activity will be good to see!

We finally got a U.S. tour!!!!!!!!!!!
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #773 on: October 17, 2015, 06:40:09 PM »

beer

These 2 quotes say it all really as far as I am concerned.   peace

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #774 on: October 18, 2015, 12:32:12 PM »

I saw Slash in Denver on Friday (10/16) and aside from repeating how much they liked playing in Denver because of the cool vibe, Slash also said a couple of times "we'll see you in next year" and "we'll see you in 2016." Now, that does not preclude a short GNR reunion gig or two, but unless Slash intends to pull a Myles Kennedy and be in two bands at once, it is unlikely that a reunion will result in the reformulation of the original band on a long-term basis. From what I saw, Slash with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators are not only a tight band but they really seem to have fun together on stage. I personally doubt that Slash will want to give that up for all of the real and potential drama surrounding a reunion. Slash has it good now and he clearly enjoys being the spotlight. I don't think he would want to go to #2 if there was a reunion. So basically I am dubious about a reunion. But you never know.

BTW, Slash plays several Guns songs: Jungle, RQ, YCBM, Brownstone, Paradise, Nightrain, and SCOM. I love the new intro to Brownstone, better than the original. In the past I saw him play ISE and Civil War. So if there is a reunion, Slash is ready to go in terms of having played the old songs.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:15:31 PM by russkwtx » Logged

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #775 on: October 18, 2015, 12:38:40 PM »

If they all want to play together again then do what makes you happy.

dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #776 on: October 18, 2015, 02:11:39 PM »

I saw Slash in Denver on Friday (10/16) and aside from repeating how much they liked playing in Denver because of the cool vibe, Slash also said a couple of times "we'll see you in next year" and "we'll see you in 2016." Now, that does not preclude a short GNR reunion gig or two, but unless Slash intends to pull a Myles Kennedy and be in two bands at once, it is unlikely that a reunion will result in the reformulation of the original band on a long-term basis. From what I saw, Slash with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators are not only a tight band but they really seem to have fun together on stage. I personally doubt that Slash will want to give that up for all of the real and potential drama surrounding a reunion. Slash has it good now and he clearly enjoys being the spotlight. I don't think he would want to go to #2 if there was a reunion. So basically I am dubious about a reunion. But you never know.

BTW, Slash plays several Guns songs: Jungle, RQ, YCBM, Brownstone, Paradise, SCOM. I love the new intro to Brownstone, better than the original. In the past I saw him play ISE and Civil War. So if there is a reunion, Slash is ready to go in terms of having played the old songs.
[/quote

I totally agree,  they kicked ass a couple weeks ago in Hamilton,  was a seated theater which was really cool.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #777 on: October 19, 2015, 12:13:59 AM »

Another week comes... and goes with no news or any sign of it... and all we can hear is crickets (and Emily).

peace
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #778 on: October 19, 2015, 06:50:51 AM »

Another week comes... and goes with no news or any sign of it... and all we can hear is crickets (and Emily).

peace

Crickets and no cricket, now the Pakistan vs. England game is finished.  Ho-hum.

Still, I'm sure there will be a new Guns N' Roses album before America embraces cricket.  That's my timescale!  Don't let us down, Axl!

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #779 on: October 19, 2015, 06:53:40 AM »

peace

Give yourself some credit. We also got your boring complaints.  peace

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: