Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:32:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Reunite for Coachella, Possible stadium tour (Billboard)  (Read 139434 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #700 on: January 04, 2016, 10:18:15 AM »

People think its cool to bash Axl and GNR nowadays...specially the youngsters fans of Slipknot and Avendeg Sevenfold...the same thing is starting to happen with U2. These bands that are in the business for a while tends to get negative comments as the years pass...like Kiss, Motley Crue...and many others. For me theyre just trolls and I dont give a f about what they write.  If Axl reads Blabbermouth comments page he would feel like killing himself!  drool

But you have to accept some of that going in, given the history.

Will jokes be made about Axl's lateness?  Yes.

Will jokes be made about how the whole thing could implode almost immediately?  Yes.

Will jokes be made about how "the real band" is finally back?  Yes.

That's life in the big city.  You can't let that shit bother you.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #701 on: January 04, 2016, 10:20:59 AM »

People assume Izzy isn't involved because nobody said he was, and the rumors that it's Richard and Slash.

But, disregarding those facts. If Izzy doesn't wanna tour, what do you do?
"Sorry guys, you can't be in the band because it's not a full reunion"...  hihi

Which is why those comments I talked about earlier are humorous.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #702 on: January 04, 2016, 10:32:40 AM »

Let's face it, Izzy was never in the cards.  He's never really done a big tour to promote his records other than some short Japanese tours here and there and obviously GNR early days.  I'd love to see him, never seen him live before...

People assume Izzy isn't involved because nobody said he was, and the rumors that it's Richard and Slash.

But, disregarding those facts. If Izzy doesn't wanna tour, what do you do?
"Sorry guys, you can't be in the band because it's not a full reunion"...  hihi

Which is why those comments I talked about earlier are humorous.

/jarmo

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #703 on: January 04, 2016, 10:39:16 AM »

Yeah I don't think Izzy will be on board for anything outside a few lives appearances. He's not into a full on thing.

I hope I'm wrong. Maybe he's down for it now?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #704 on: January 04, 2016, 10:51:05 AM »

People think its cool to bash Axl and GNR nowadays...specially the youngsters fans of Slipknot and Avendeg Sevenfold...the same thing is starting to happen with U2. These bands that are in the business for a while tends to get negative comments as the years pass...like Kiss, Motley Crue...and many others. For me theyre just trolls and I dont give a f about what they write.  If Axl reads Blabbermouth comments page he would feel like killing himself!  drool

But you have to accept some of that going in, given the history.

Will jokes be made about Axl's lateness?  Yes.

Will jokes be made about how the whole thing could implode almost immediately?  Yes.

Will jokes be made about how "the real band" is finally back?  Yes.

That's life in the big city.  You can't let that shit bother you.

Axl being late is really overrated. He was usually on stage by 10 pm on most nights on the recent tours. 

GnR possibly "imploding at any time" is one of the reasons why they are so great!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 10:54:24 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #705 on: January 04, 2016, 11:02:43 AM »

Yeah I don't think Izzy will be on board for anything outside a few lives appearances. He's not into a full on thing.

I hope I'm wrong. Maybe he's down for it now?

Yeah, we don't know the plans...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #706 on: January 04, 2016, 11:05:19 AM »

Axl being late is really overrated. He was usually on stage by 10 pm on most nights on the recent tours. 

GnR possibly "imploding at any time" is one of the reasons why they are so great!

The issue is a large number of casual fans don't know the vastly positive touring history over the past several years. They know about what they read in the press, which is largely the negative issues that pop up. They know about The Bridge School, they know about the 2002 tour, they know about riots,  they know about the band departures, etc... This (if handled properly) gives them the ability to get some positive stories out there and start to build momentum.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #707 on: January 04, 2016, 11:13:04 AM »

The issue is a large number of casual fans don't know the vastly positive touring history over the past several years. They know about what they read in the press, which is largely the negative issues that pop up. They know about The Bridge School, they know about the 2002 tour, they know about riots,  they know about the band departures, etc... This (if handled properly) gives them the ability to get some positive stories out there and start to build momentum.

True, but at the end of the day who cares about the casual fan? If they arent going to shows then there opinion shouldn't matter.

I agree with you that this next chapter will hopefully be run properly and will help curtail the overall image.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #708 on: January 04, 2016, 11:44:37 AM »

I see what you mean, younggunner, but if they're hoping to fill stadia they'll need a fair number of casual fans to come along, won't they?

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #709 on: January 04, 2016, 12:10:56 PM »

Izzy did say via Duff that he would've been willing to attend and perform at the RNRHOF induction had Axl been planning on attending as he didnt wand to be the lone holdout. I think the same could be true for an upcoming reunion tour as long as it's a true AFD or UYI reunion instead of a hybrid lineup. If it is a hybrid lineup we're in for, I think a few guest appearances is the most we can hope for.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #710 on: January 04, 2016, 01:11:10 PM »

Who is playing Coachella 2016? What we know so far

Randall Roberts

Over the holiday break a flood of speculation about possible Coachella headliners breached the otherwise impenetrable wall of silence that normally surrounds the annual music festival.

The 2016 installment will likely be announced in the coming days, and as such those who follow the yearly comings and goings have been gathering evidence. Fake lineup posters have been posted. Viable candidates have been vetted on various message boards. Tour schedules have been scrutinized.

The roster for this year?s event, which will occur over two consecutive weekends, April 15-17 and April 22-24, is gradually coming into focus. Here's what we know, or what we think we know.

Likely headliners

Gun N? Roses. Slash is reportedly reuniting with Axl Rose and unconfirmed other former members to perform with some version of Guns N' Roses for a 2016 tour. A coy marketing campaign has teased the news, one that will likely be confirmed on Tuesday night when Rose appears on "Jimmy Kimmel Live." The first reunion gig will reportedly be at Coachella.

---

Full story: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-coachella-2016-guns-n-roses-lcd-soundsystem-20160104-story.html

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #711 on: January 04, 2016, 02:13:21 PM »

Do you guys think that the return of the originals will kick Axl in the ass a bit, preparation wise?

He can be a bit spotty vocally at the beginning of tours.  Coachella will be the first show, and a high profile one.  Lot of eyeballs on them.

Can't be turning in a 2011 Rock In Rio effort on this one.

Against all good sense and most of everything I know, I do think he will be ready to roll though.  He will not want to be seen as the weak link up there.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #712 on: January 04, 2016, 05:58:10 PM »

I see what you mean, younggunner, but if they're hoping to fill stadia they'll need a fair number of casual fans to come along, won't they?

a nice brand spanking new single could go a long way.

raindog
Rocker

« Reply #713 on: January 04, 2016, 06:10:50 PM »

More confirmation, not that it was really needed, that Frank will be on sticks.

Edit: just saw this has been posted on another thread to. Delete? Guess it's relevant here too.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 06:16:33 PM by raindog » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: