Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:22:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot to assist to ''Loaded'' concert and probably ''with guitar in hand'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot to assist to ''Loaded'' concert and probably ''with guitar in hand'  (Read 27078 times)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2009, 06:04:55 AM »

Courtesy of ShePoutsHerBest from another GN'R forum (mr.fuck.up from the Velvet Revolver forum posted them and didn't say which GN'R forum they're from).

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2009, 06:59:03 AM »

Very cool to see guys from the old and new (like the Izzy thing in 06) getting along and doing what they love together.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
wadey
Legend

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2009, 08:33:41 AM »

Courtesy of ShePoutsHerBest from another GN'R forum (mr.fuck.up from the Velvet Revolver forum posted them and didn't say which GN'R forum they're from).

very awesome indeed....... beer beer

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2009, 09:35:16 AM »

I look forward to another cool show tomorrow night on LI.

Where's the show tonight?

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2009, 09:38:24 AM »

I look forward to another cool show tomorrow night on LI.

Where's the show tonight?

Allentown, Pennsylvania.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2009, 10:23:45 AM »

cool
http://twitter.com/talkingmetal

bumble foot is onstage with Duff doing A killer medley
4 minutes ago from mobile web

and then

priest stones journey piggy pop hihi
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2009, 10:58:36 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist BUMBLEFOOT Jams with DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED in NYC: Video Available - May 20, 2009

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal joined DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED, the band led by former GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan, on stage last night (Tuesday, May 19) at the Blender Theater at Gramercy in New York City to perform a medley of classics from IGGY POP, JOURNEY, ZZ TO, JUDAS PRIEST, and more.

Video footage of the performance can be viewed below (courtesy of "Talking Metal").

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=120435

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2009, 11:16:02 AM »

"I Wanna Be Your Dog" is by THE STOOGES, not iggy pop.  Other than that, way cool. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2009, 11:54:10 AM »

I'm not sure but isn't it an iggy pop song when he was in stooges?

thanks funkymonkey as always but An error occurred  Huh I must try the vid again later.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2009, 11:56:14 AM »

thanks funkymonkey as always but An error occurred  Huh I must try the vid again later.

Try it here and see if it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im_8hEps61E

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2009, 11:56:44 AM »

I'm not sure but isn't it an iggy pop song when he was in stooges?

The song is credited to The Stooges.

The songs in the medley were I Wanna Be Your Dog (The Stooges), Living After Midnight (Judas Priest), Tush (ZZ Top), TNT (AD/DC), Wild Horses (Rolling Stones) and Stone In Love (Journey).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2009, 12:04:09 PM »

ok so correctly it's a stooges song. they must have taken that talking metal's excited twitter too literally.

cheers funkymonkey I'm watchin it.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2009, 12:12:37 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist BUMBLEFOOT Jams with DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED in NYC: Video Available - May 20, 2009

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal joined DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED, the band led by former GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan, on stage last night (Tuesday, May 19) at the Blender Theater at Gramercy in New York City to perform a medley of classics from IGGY POP, JOURNEY, ZZ TO, JUDAS PRIEST, and more.

Video footage of the performance can be viewed below (courtesy of "Talking Metal").

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=120435

Kinda cool . . .  Ironic that he's played more shows with ex-gunners than he has with Guns since CD came out, but kinda cool none the less . . .
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2009, 12:47:06 PM »

Thanks FunkyMonkey for the video.   Enjoyed it.  Great watch!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2009, 03:55:42 PM »

That was very cool.  They look like they are having fun...which was probably the whole point.  ok

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2009, 06:41:43 PM »

Bumblefoot Joins Loaded Onstage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nb856g9-Vs

Bumblefoot w/Loaded Performing AC/DC's "T.N.T."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYUiFsU1df0

Bumblefoot w/Loaded Performing ZZ Top's "Tush"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOPVC41v4cE

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2009, 09:18:02 PM »

I'm sort of mixed over this. Not that there's anything wrong with current members playing with old members. But the old members constantly seem like they want a reunion. And Duff isn't as noble as he may sound. He said Axl sounded great and sings his ass off on CD, but he doesn't say anything else about the album, like the guitar playing is unbelievable or that the songs have a great vide, he doesnt mention the music just Axls voice which always sounds great.

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2009, 09:28:07 PM »

I'm sort of mixed over this. Not that there's anything wrong with current members playing with old members. But the old members constantly seem like they want a reunion. And Duff isn't as noble as he may sound. He said Axl sounded great and sings his ass off on CD, but he doesn't say anything else about the album, like the guitar playing is unbelievable or that the songs have a great vide, he doesnt mention the music just Axls voice which always sounds great.
He just mentioned in the above clip, how awesome Bumblefoot was, or what ever he said, certainly wouldn't be sharing a stage with him if he didn't like his guitar work.  I don't think any of the previous members have a whole lot to say, at least not to my knowlege, I believe Perla comented for Slash when he was asked. Duff was honest and positive in regards to hearing Axl's voice , but I believe he also said it was an album the origanal line up wouldn't have been able to do.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2009, 10:10:00 PM »

maybe he doesn't like it

U know, it isn't a crime for Duff or anyone else to not like the album.

I heard an interview where Duff said he loves some songs hates others

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2009, 10:27:23 PM »

Well, Chinese Democracy is Axl's album. Obviously the new guys would never tell him "No, I don't want to play this song, I don't like it". You see? It's a question of decision and having the final say. Axl has the final say in the new band because he is the boss and the others probably can't say "no". But obviously with Slash and Duff the final say would have been collective. It would have been a full band's decision. If Slash and Duff didn't like "if the world" (wich is understable considering it has absolutely nothing to do with GN'R kind of music and Rock music), no matter what Axl would say, the song wouldn't make the record. The decision, the power and the Leadership would be much more equilibrated and shared. That's the difference between a funding members band where they are all equal and a band with one guy and session players around him who can't say "no" because if they did, they would lose their job. Anyway, cool to see BBF with Duff.

I hope Duff will come back in GN'R, it's his band. Axl is lonely, he has too much responsability and pressure on his shoulder. Guns N' Roses is too big for only him. In the old band the other guys were also famous and took some pressure off him.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 10:35:08 PM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: