Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 04:40:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227846 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot to assist to ''Loaded'' concert and probably ''with guitar in hand'
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot to assist to ''Loaded'' concert and probably ''with guitar in hand'  (Read 26969 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2009, 10:35:35 AM »

When Ron goes on stage he isnt playing the GNR stuff, thats DUff, stuff, and the crowd loves it. Instead Ron comes out and they jam classic tunes, and DUff talks about the evolutions and inspirations that went from a wide spectrum. And he always acknowledges GNR. And sorry some of you really need to grow up...      ...........    ... Its not fucking politics.

Oh please.  It IS fuckin politics.  Duff acknowledges GNR and talks about evolutions and inspirations BUT Ron is NOT playing the GNR stuff with him??  WTF??  If that isn't fuckin politics, I don't know what is.  Roll Eyes

IMO, even if your friend doesn't have an problem with you "seeing" their ex, it is at the very least 'awkward' for mutual acquaintances when youze take that public ....  like sorta an inherent perceived disrespect in the eyes of some of those acquaintances.

But, when all is said and done, Ron, Duff and the crowd all apparently had a great time ..... so who's to say....

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #141 on: May 22, 2009, 12:21:10 PM »

When Ron goes on stage he isnt playing the GNR stuff, thats DUff, stuff, and the crowd loves it. Instead Ron comes out and they jam classic tunes, and DUff talks about the evolutions and inspirations that went from a wide spectrum. And he always acknowledges GNR. And sorry some of you really need to grow up...      ...........    ... Its not fucking politics.

Oh please.  It IS fuckin politics.  Duff acknowledges GNR and talks about evolutions and inspirations BUT Ron is NOT playing the GNR stuff with him??  WTF??  If that isn't fuckin politics, I don't know what is.  Roll Eyes

IMO, even if your friend doesn't have an problem with you "seeing" their ex, it is at the very least 'awkward' for mutual acquaintances when youze take that public ....  like sorta an inherent perceived disrespect in the eyes of some of those acquaintances.

But, when all is said and done, Ron, Duff and the crowd all apparently had a great time ..... so who's to say....

I have to admit it is a bit odd that Ron wouldnt' join him for the GnR songs, considering Ron is a part of Guns N' Roses.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2009, 12:29:39 PM »

I'm sort of mixed over this. Not that there's anything wrong with current members playing with old members. But the old members constantly seem like they want a reunion. And Duff isn't as noble as he may sound. He said Axl sounded great and sings his ass off on CD, but he doesn't say anything else about the album, like the guitar playing is unbelievable or that the songs have a great vide, he doesnt mention the music just Axls voice which always sounds great.

the only old member that constantly wants a reunion is steve.  duff and slash would do it but in no way shape or form do they try to promote one; but they are constantly asked it by the media and fans so it keeps being brought up.

as for his critique of the album, i'm sure he's upset you did'nt like his opinion of CD--maybe he'll write an in-depth review just for you in his next column in the seattle times or playboy hihi
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2009, 12:34:54 PM »

okay, fine.  everyone here now seems to think duff is acceptable enough for the new band to support him. 

but can we all please agree that never, ever, under any circumstances whatsoever would it be okay for any of the new guys to play with/be friends with slash?  we have to draw a line somewhere.

dude, you sound like an immature 12 yr old

what do you think of tommy stinson checking out duff's show in allentown? does that meet your approval ratings?

and new members of GnR checked out VR in NYC back in 2004 and gave great reviews of the show
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2009, 12:42:05 PM »

the only old member that constantly wants a reunion is steve.  duff and slash would do it but in no way shape or form do they try to promote one; but they are constantly asked it by the media and fans so it keeps being brought up.

All the so called reunion talk ends right here.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2009, 12:49:26 PM »

okay, fine.  everyone here now seems to think duff is acceptable enough for the new band to support him. 

but can we all please agree that never, ever, under any circumstances whatsoever would it be okay for any of the new guys to play with/be friends with slash?  we have to draw a line somewhere.

dude, you sound like an immature 12 yr old

what do you think of tommy stinson checking out duff's show in allentown? does that meet your approval ratings?

and new members of GnR checked out VR in NYC back in 2004 and gave great reviews of the show

i think you sound like an immature 12 year old.  remind me to never be friends with you in the non-internet world becaue you clearly don't understand loyalty.

fact: duff tried to destroy axl and guns n' roses with lawsuits and backstabbing. 
fact:  we were unable to enjoy chinese democracy for years because these lawsuits distracted axl
fact:  when axl had to delay the album because of duff's actions, axl took all the blame and got mocked for it causing a further spiral of inactivity.
fact:  duff to this day supports and helps slash, the unforgivable cancer who tried to ruin axl rose and will stop at nothing to do so again.

so... considering all that, it doesn't seem very appropriate to me for AXL'S CURRENT BAND to be palling around with the very people who tried to destroy axl.  maybe we just have a different idea of friendship and brotherhood.  but if somebody tried to destroy my livelihood and everything i believed in, i wouldn't want my friends thinking it was okay to buddy buddy with them.

so since chinese democracy came out, bumble and tommy have played more with duff than axl.  meanwhile, axl's the one who produced and album that just got released with those guys playing on it.  he graciously invited people like tommy and ron to be a part of the guns n' roses legacy.  but now that the album's out, instead of promoting it they're hanging out with the very people who tried to ruin that album? 

i'm sorry... you can call it fun if you want... but if i was in axl's shoes, it wouldn't feel very fun to me.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2009, 12:51:25 PM »

I have to admit it is a bit odd that Ron wouldnt' join him for the GnR songs, considering Ron is a part of Guns N' Roses.

It would have been odd if Duff was up there playing 'Chinese D' tracks without BBF.

It's not at all odd that he was up there playing Guns songs that he had helped write and record, and that BBF did not.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2009, 12:55:19 PM »

Duff telling the crowd that if not for them (Iggy pop and The Stooges) there wouldn't be Punk Rock, Metallica, Guns N Roses, megadeth(?) nirvana alice in chains etc while ron's twittering.  hihi

To state the obvious again, it's politics.  Leaving the obvious unsaid would also be politics tho.

well played by bbf.

I don't know whose mutual Acquaintances she meant but
shouldn't it have been awkward already when axl said duff might play with GNR?
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2009, 12:58:19 PM »

fact: duff tried to destroy axl and guns n' roses with lawsuits and backstabbing. 

If Axl mentioned possibly being willing to collaborate with the man, I find it difficult to believe that Duff is this calculating, evil villain that you are trying to portray him to be.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2009, 01:07:01 PM »

If Axl mentioned possibly being willing to collaborate with the man, I find it difficult to believe that Duff is this calculating, evil villain that you are trying to portray him to be.

so what... you think that slash the cancer bullied poor helpless duff into suing axl over stupid bullshit?  sorry, but to me duff is an adult and he must take responsiblity for his own decisions. 

just because axl, being a forgiving and benevolent person, can possibly forsee a day in the distant future in which they might be able to make peace is A FAR CRY from axl's current band taking it upon themselves to support one of the guys who tried to ruin axl and the entire gnr name -- during the very time that chinese democracy should be a priority!

maybe duff owes axl an apology, and that's what axl's waiting on.  we don't know, so we can't say.  but until axl's playing with duff's band i don't think it's cool for any of axl's band to be doing it.  plain and simple.  just look at all the shit it's stirred up around here.  when the press gets a hold of it, all we're going to hear about is r-word this and r-word that. 

meanwhile, where is the hype for chinese demcoracy?  why isn't ron out promoting the shit out of this album?  he said it had some of the most beautiful music he'd ever heard.  why aren't they playing those amazing chinese democracy songs?  i mean, chinese demcoracy came out and there's still no video for better or the interview video with quesitons for the fans.  so these guys don't have the time for that but they do have the time to "jam" with the gnr has-beens?  i'm sorry, but it doesnt' make much sense to me.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 01:09:04 PM by falungong69 » Logged
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2009, 01:31:21 PM »

Has anybody put any thought into Duff not really caring whether or not anybody wants to do a show with the original line-up.  The guy is worth a friggin' fortune and might possibly have more money than anybody else who has ever been in Guns N' Roses COMBINED!

-Larry
alex420gnr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: May 22, 2009, 01:42:30 PM »

Someone needs to get a life!! GNR will tour again - I think its cool Ron played with Duff - someone reads too much into what people say - They play music for fun- thats what musicians do

GNR is like one big dysfuntional family - some members get along, others do not

If anything, this could mean possible future collaborations with old members of the band - Duff is cool, I hung out with him  a couple of years ago

As far is the legal proceedings go, it all had to do with using songs in movies, the fact is that it is probably really hard to agree on something like that

Loaded blows VR outta the water in regards to quality - I feel confident that only good things are yet to come...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #152 on: May 22, 2009, 01:43:28 PM »

why isn't ron out promoting the shit out of this album?  he said it had some of the most beautiful music he'd ever heard.  why aren't they playing those amazing chinese democracy songs?  i mean, chinese demcoracy came out and there's still no video for better or the interview video with quesitons for the fans.  so these guys don't have the time for that but they do have the time to "jam" with the gnr has-beens?  i'm sorry, but it doesnt' make much sense to me.

Here's a thought for you: The two aren't related. One doesn't exclude the other.

Like anybody who has a job or goes to school, it doesn't mean you can't do other stuff on the side for fun. Ever heard of the term "a hobby"?

Of course it doesn't make sense to you. It's quite apparent that "fun" does not make any sense to you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: May 22, 2009, 01:43:36 PM »

It reminds me of the quote Axl said when talking about possibly working with duff, I'm paraphrasing here,  "I'd be left sorting out the details, and probably wind up getting blamed on top of it."   Sounds like Axl got left to sort out the details here.  Duff is obviously so non-confrontational that he couldn't even call Axl and say "hey buddy, it's duff, do you mind if Bumblefoot comes on stage with us and do a non-GNR song or two?...cool .I know he's your guitarist just wanted to make sure it was cool.  Maybe I'll call you later on again and we can talk some more? "  
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2009, 02:24:05 PM »

Ron is a grown man, he doesn't have to ask anyone's "permission"

Do u think Izzy called Axl and asked his permission to join VR onstage?

Last I checked Axl still loves Izzy, so why would it be an issue?

Also, I don't get why fans try to get involved with lawsuits and shit they know absolutely nothing about.

A lot of those lawsuits seemed like misunderstandings anyway.

All I know is, If I stop getting my royalty checks, u are damn right I am going to sue to find out why

that doesn't make Duff a bad guy.

If they have opportunities to make money via GNR music in movies etc, they have just as much say as Axl. So if they aren't getting any input on decisions, u have to sue to protect what is yours also.

that doesn't make him a bad guy, it is business.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
wolftread
Headliner

No Refrain

« Reply #155 on: May 22, 2009, 02:38:49 PM »

Axl obviously does not care otherwise Ron wouldn't have done it.  So why the fuck does everyone here?  We need to back Axl when he actually needs us.  All we are doing with this thread is trying to start shit between him and BBF which could really backfire for Nu-GNR and everyone that comes to this god damn board everyday waiting to hear about the fuckin tour.  I know Axl is alot wiser then listening to this "Garbage Can called the Internet" but if enough people say that BBF is somehow betraying Axl/Nu-GNR then for fucks sake something may ring true....then what?  A 150 page thread if BBF is still in the band....on another topic...Will I be able to find Chinese Democracy in another store besides Best Buy on Sunday?  Sales should totally go up once CD is everywhere...ah....CD is so fucking great peace
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: May 22, 2009, 02:47:23 PM »

so what... you think that slash the cancer bullied poor helpless duff into suing axl over stupid bullshit?  sorry, but to me duff is an adult and he must take responsiblity for his own decisions.
Interesting logic; Duff is an adult who is responsible for making his own desicions but Ron and Tommy need permission from Axl to do anything music related outside of GNR.

Maybe they should hang out with Duff more often if it gives them a chance of learning how to elevate themselves to "responsible adult" status in your eyes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #157 on: May 22, 2009, 03:20:35 PM »

I asked nicely, nobody listens.

Some love to talk about the so called reunion. Others love nothing more than bashing anybody they can. Be it band members or other board members.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 03:25:40 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: