Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:47:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Students banned from Graduation because of the Confederate Flag
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Students banned from Graduation because of the Confederate Flag  (Read 36279 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2008, 02:59:13 PM »

Bill, I think D is referring to the lovefest NBC, MSNBC, and CBS had with Obama in favor over Clinton.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2008, 03:00:22 PM »

Lovefest? Like the 24/7 reporting over his preacher? That "lovefest"?

Roll Eyes

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2008, 03:05:41 PM »

Roll Eyes

Fox News isn't a "democrat" station like the others I listed.  The liberal media are the ones that blasted Clinton, especially your boy Olbermann.  Fox was the most fair to Hillary actually.  CNN seemed the most fair to Obama and Clinton respectively.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2008, 04:21:18 PM »

Roll Eyes

Fox News isn't a "democrat" station like the others I listed.  The liberal media are the ones that blasted Clinton, especially your boy Olbermann.  Fox was the most fair to Hillary actually.  CNN seemed the most fair to Obama and Clinton respectively.

Smoking Guns, if you can't see that Fox News and the Right-wingers were bending over backwards to try and have Hillary be the Democratic nominee, you have to be smoking something.   

Here's the deal with the "liberal" media (in quotes because I disagree with your label).  The networks highlighted the positives on whichever candidate was trailing in the polls while "asking more questions of" and expressing concern over the moves of the front-runner.  This was true for the entire Democratic campaign.  It was more about ratings than it was objective journalism...(which btw, if you want objective news coverage, go to C-Span and PBS)...compare all that with Fox News that is virtually a mouthpiece for the Republican Party, the term "rusty trombone" comes to mind there.   ok

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SLCPUNK
« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2008, 04:25:29 PM »

It was more about ratings than it was objective journalism...

Bingo.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #165 on: June 10, 2008, 04:50:36 PM »

Bill, I think D is referring to the lovefest NBC, MSNBC, and CBS had with Obama in favor over Clinton.

Do you guys say this stuff over and over and over to convince us or to convince yourself?

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #166 on: June 10, 2008, 04:51:39 PM »

It was more about ratings than it was objective journalism...

Bingo.

It was all about ratings

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2008, 04:54:06 PM »

obama though, no one even bats an eyelash at the fact that his reverend was a hate filled bigot. no one even cared really.

Good grief. You live in a whole different reality I guess.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #168 on: June 10, 2008, 08:10:15 PM »

South basically ignored everything the North did and they decided to start the war.

Oh really, and just when did the southern armies invade the North. Your statement is a tad bit disingenuous. It was the North that invaded the South.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #169 on: June 10, 2008, 08:19:18 PM »

South basically ignored everything the North did and they decided to start the war.

Oh really, and just when did the southern armies invade the North. Your statement is a tad bit disingenuous. It was the North that invaded the South.

April 12, 1861 at Ft. Sumpter, South Carolina........they didn't "invade" the North, they invaded a military base and seized it for the South, thus starting the Civil War.

And just to clarify for you new-age Confederate yokels......sure the fort was in South Carolina.....however it was a federal property owned by the US Government.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #170 on: June 10, 2008, 08:44:39 PM »

Bullshit! South Carolina was a sovereignty unto itself.

We feel that our cause is just and holy; we protest solemnly in the face of mankind that we desire peace at any sacrifice save that of honour and independence; we ask no conquest, no aggrandizement, no concession of any kind from the States with which we were lately confederated; all we ask is to be let alone; that those who never held power over us shall not now attempt our subjugation by arms.

'President Jefferson Davis - 29 April 1861'

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2008, 08:48:12 PM »

April 12, 1861 at Ft. Sumpter, South Carolina........they didn't "invade" the North, they invaded a military base and seized it for the South, thus starting the Civil War.

And just to clarify for you new-age Confederate yokels......sure the fort was in South Carolina.....however it was a federal property owned by the US Government.

So now it has come to name calling. Trust me, you don't want to go there. In the South, there are a litany of derogatives used to describe northerners.

Rather than recite the propaganda that you learned in school, educate yourself.

The idiom to the victors go the spoils could not be more appropriate. The victors also write the history books.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 08:59:11 PM by Colonel Mosby » Logged

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #172 on: June 10, 2008, 08:59:18 PM »

^^^^

I think you two should get a room  ok

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2008, 12:30:35 AM »

So now it has come to name calling. Trust me, you don't want to go there. In the South, there are a litany of derogatives used to describe northerners.

Rather than recite the propaganda that you learned in school, educate yourself.

The idiom to the victors go the spoils could not be more appropriate. The victors also write the history books.

rofl  Educate myself to what?  Your skewed version of American History?  I'd rather stick to what really happened.  And as far as victory...what the hell are you talking about?  I'm not running around jumping for joy that the North won......hell it was 140+ years ago.  I think the initial news of the victory might have worn a tad bit off now.  But yeah those spoils are something else eh?  Freedom for slaves and a united country.  Damn them anyhow!!!  Maybe you can convince the people of Alabama to arm their trailers and grab their peashooters and ride proclaiming, "The South Will Rise Again".......eh but they're probably too busy banging their cousins and listening to Kid Rock or watching Larry The Cable Guy.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2008, 12:32:05 AM »

"The South Will Rise Again".......

I always wondered if they intended to revert back to confederate currency?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2008, 12:40:02 AM »

"The South Will Rise Again".......

I always wondered if they intended to revert back to confederate currency?

Enough of the South Bashing. 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2008, 12:43:24 AM »

Who are you? The PC thought police?

That isn't South Bashing anyway.

This is: How do you know the toothbrush was invented in Alabama?

A: Because if it was invented anywhere else it would be called a teethbrush.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #177 on: June 11, 2008, 12:44:31 AM »

What does a Daughter say to her Father in Mississippi?

A: "Not so hard Dad, you're squishin' my Winstons."
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2008, 01:02:52 AM »

Who are you? The PC thought police?

That isn't South Bashing anyway.

This is: How do you know the toothbrush was invented in Alabama?

A: Because if it was invented anywhere else it would be called a teethbrush.

HAHAHAHAH YES!  Now that my friend is a good one.

By the way, did you hear about the new law they passed in Alabama?

Apparently now when you get a divorce, you're still brother and sister!!!

SLCPUNK
« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2008, 01:51:58 AM »

hahaha, that thar is a nice one Cletus!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: