Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:54:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Chinese Democracy": How to make it enormous? (ideas)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Chinese Democracy": How to make it enormous? (ideas)  (Read 17625 times)
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2004, 12:03:21 AM »

Throw the record in a vault and take it out in 25 years  ok

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2004, 03:20:54 PM »

If it's a great album, people will buy it and it will be huge.  That's all that matters.  GnR has a huge fanbase that spans multiple generations.  That fanbase has been waiting for a real GnR album (no Spaghetti Incident BS) for many, many years and if it's a good product, people will buy it.  The only way this album won't sell is if it sucks.  
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2004, 07:59:24 PM »

oh yeah, I forgot you dont like the ex-gunners dave. hihi

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
JustUsOwls
Headliner

Since I Don't Have You

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2004, 01:09:34 AM »

a riot during the 2004 MTV video Music awards.
axl jumps in the crowd. bif fights. big riot. the building is torn apart.
buckethead comes back and fights axl on stage with his nunchakus.
then duff comes to save axl with his kung fu tricks.
slash hits buckethead in the head with his guitar and makes his bucket to fall, so we see BHead is bald, and is actually george costanza.
and then the 2 bands (VR + GNR) kill britney spears, xtina aguilera, justin timberlake, julia roberts, jennifer anniston, eminem, ...every "stars" that are there.....

and they all go to jail.

Huh Huh Huh Huh

hahahaah that's the best post ever. George Costanza...GEORGE IS GETTING UPSET!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2004, 02:46:05 AM »

ive not read thru all the pages so i apologize if i repeat someone elses

do like the WWE did with Chris Jericho's debut

they had like a running clock etc

have a tv commercial that just has GUNS N ROSES and have a clock and have how long it is to release date in hours,minutes and seconds, and let it run down for about 10 seconds and then go to  GUNS N ROSES, 10 years in the making Chinese Democracy in stores and then the release date

if it were to be released in nov then go and play the super bowl in january, keep singles and videos popping

Usher has had so much success cause b4 "YEAH" reached number 1 he already released "BURN" and it was in the top 40 and ended up ending "YEAH's" run at number 1

now he has another single "Confessions" in the top 10, so he has 3 singles in the top 10

VR are fuckin up by lettin slither linger to long, Fall to Pieces should already be out, its number 1 but u can still have another single out and climbin the charts as well

i think axl should release one worldwide single

then release a single to pop top 40 billboard top 200 type radio

and release a m ainstream rock/modern rock track simutaneously to corner different markets

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2004, 03:34:56 AM »

In all seriousness just release the FUCKER!! This shits golden Im sure you've all heard CD and Madagascar (to say thats stuff even B side is crazy). I truley believe this stuff would inihalate everything. Youd have rock fans across the board snapping this stuff up. I mean look at it people are looking for a savior for rock!! Raps getting stail and pops doing nothing THIS IS THE TIME!! This damn thing will sell its self.

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
DJM
Headliner

Axl Rose is GOD!

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2004, 11:17:40 AM »

1= For an ad it should be a black screen then flash guns n roses on the screen and then the band appears and axl says are we late & then flash the release date of the album up

2= Release the blues & Madagascar as a double single

3=Go on tour

like the tide out on the ocean
the wave's already set in motion
the only one in the game who's lost is you!
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2004, 02:42:44 PM »

2= Release the blues & Madagascar as a double single

I still can't understand why everyone suggests these songs as singles.  I doubt we've heard 1/3 of the album, and we are already jumping at what singles GN'R should release.  Why don't we wait till we hear the album before deciding what singles.

OK, on topic ->   Guns N Roses don't need alot of hard promotion in terms of their name.  Most people who don't have their head under a rock know about Guns N Roses and have an image of what their sound is.  The key to promoting GNR succesfully is going to be to convince people that GNR is cool.  Alot of people right now are stuck in a mindset that Guns isn't cool, because every journalist in the world fucking hates them.  Therefore, guns need to become somewhat of media whores, by doing interviews and above all getting the media on their sides.  Most bands are trying to get the media to mention them, good or bad, because the media won't be such assholes to them.  Guns is guaranteed to get the media's attention because this is such a huge album, but the media are the only people that will convince potential fans that it is cool to listen to them.  

I think GNR should release 2 singles very close together.  The singles should correspond to the different styles of the album.  I'm not sure how the album is made up, but if it's anything like the UYI's, it's gonna be very diverse.  They should either release an older sounding song and a newer sounding song, or a heavier song and a ballad style song.  The reason for this is to break peoples prejudices of what GNR sounds like, and to open up more markets.  Alot of people don't think of GNR as more then a Glam Metal band and don't know about them past AFD, so a ballad or more modern song would win them over, and the people that only know November Rain might be won over with a heavier song.  The key is to get people to think that this album has everything.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2004, 04:11:52 PM »

Get the album out in November, even if that wasn't planned..people will be so shocked that that an expectation was finally met, they will be lining up in the streets for midnite sales.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2004, 04:53:23 PM »

Midnight sales arent that big anymore. Tower records in hollywood has one every monday night no matter the release

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2004, 05:20:48 PM »

TV Commerical
Black and white commercial show a helicopter flying over a small China town. The camera zooms into to one of the little huts and it shows a little chinese boy putting on a gas mask and he wraps a white bandanna with a red star over his head (bandana in color).  The little boy runs out of his hut and looks to the sky to see hundred of helicopters with a red star on their tails. The boy keeps running down the street until he comes to a large crowd the the peoplel in the  crowd are waving flags with a red star and etc. The boy looks to the sky and puts his fist in the air.. Fades to black screen.

that was an amazing idea
i so can see that
with the "avalon" movie kinda graphic effect
if i had money, helicopters, chinese kid, large crowd, i'll shoot that video Smiley

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2004, 07:29:50 PM »

ive not read thru all the pages so i apologize if i repeat someone elses

do like the WWE did with Chris Jericho's debut

they had like a running clock etc

have a tv commercial that just has GUNS N ROSES and have a clock and have how long it is to release date in hours,minutes and seconds, and let it run down for about 10 seconds and then go to  GUNS N ROSES, 10 years in the making Chinese Democracy in stores and then the release date

I like this idea.......
On release date the comercial clock ends and an explosion goes off and they play tracks from the album,and lots of images of the band,some live footage maybe.
I think it would be great

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2004, 10:30:39 PM »

I think closing out the VMA's can't be done again (which was THE best promotional tool, IMO). However, IF I were in charge of promotion, I would have them open it this year. Expounding on the black screen idea, I'd have it open with a black screen, with flashing chinese characters and the letters G-N-R, then it would cut to the stage and the band would break into the new single.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: