Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:53:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Get in the Ring"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Get in the Ring"  (Read 3305 times)
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« on: June 26, 2004, 07:18:25 PM »

I was just listening to get in the ring 2day I was just wondering why they never played this song live it would have been an awesome song to play live you know because its such a song you'd like to hear live but hey never gonna happen just wanted to know if you guys would have ever liked to have heard the song live!

EEEERRRR Little boy
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 07:26:13 PM »

I was just listening to get in the ring 2day I was just wondering why they never played this song live it would have been an awesome song to play live you know because its such a song you'd like to hear live but hey never gonna happen just wanted to know if you guys would have ever liked to have heard the song live!

I think Axl had enough rants without including get in the ring to the set list

Time is always short when ur playing live - somethings gotta give and Get in the ring and Don't damn me were songs that certainly applied too - don't forget there were better songs like Coma and Locomotive they were trying to fit in somewhere

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 02:12:45 AM »

Yeah espially when GnR songs are longer then other rock songs. Most are epics. Get in the Ring is nice, but if I went to a concert and had to give up COMA for it that would suck.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 03:46:25 AM »

I would of liked to hear it, but as said before if i had to give up other great songs for it i'd pass.

Dont Damn Me should have been played though. That is one of the most underrated GN'R songs.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
badapple81
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 08:59:22 AM »

Was Get In The Ring NEVER played?

I have a cool pic of Axl with boxing gloves and shorts on.. I thought it must have been during a performance of Get In The Ring  Huh
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 09:38:15 AM »

Was Get In The Ring NEVER played?

No.

I have a cool pic of Axl with boxing gloves and shorts on.. I thought it must have been during a performance of Get In The Ring  Huh

No, it probably was after the show when they thanked the crowd.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 10:09:53 AM »

They said they never played it live because they said what they needed to say in the song.
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2004, 10:43:12 AM »

i went to see a GN'R cover band last week and they played "Get In The Ring", it came off really well, especially the outro with everyone shouting get in the ring..get in the ring...get in the ring.

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 04:42:10 PM »

I think GITR was made just for Axl to bash the journalists.I know part of It was writen by Duff but probbly Axl took it and aded his lyrics.And then when the album came out he had already said what he wanted so he didn?t needed to play it live.

Izzy?s quote:
Time is always short when ur playing live - somethings gotta give and Get in the ring and Don't damn me were songs that certainly applied too - don't forget there were better songs like Coma and Locomotive they were trying to fit in somewhere

That sounds like a good reason also.

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2004, 05:20:06 PM »

I think GITR was made just for Axl to bash the journalists.I know part of It was writen by Duff but probbly Axl took it and aded his lyrics.And then when the album came out he had already said what he wanted so he didn?t needed to play it live.

Izzy?s quote:

That sounds like a good reason also.

Baby Slash//

Part of it was not written by duff, the whole lyrics were cept for the rant in the middle.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2004, 07:49:21 PM »

I think GITR was made just for Axl to bash the journalists.I know part of It was writen by Duff but probbly Axl took it and aded his lyrics.And then when the album came out he

Part of it was not written by duff, the whole lyrics were cept for the rant in the middle.

Dave's on the ball

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: