Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:08:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Greatest Hits" on Sam Goody upcoming releases list
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Greatest Hits" on Sam Goody upcoming releases list  (Read 24072 times)
shaun
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2004, 11:11:09 AM »

I don't know if you guys remember or not, but back when the Illusions were about to be released, under 'the scheduled albums list' the Illusions were listed as Guns N' Roses: Greatest Hits (back in 91'). Also, there can't be a Greatest Hits 2.0, all of GN'R's hits have already been covered in the original Greatest Hits album. The only other way I see it is that album being a "Best Of". So I believe we have 3 options here:

a.) Axl is releasing a 'Best Of' album soon. (which would be redundant)
b.) This is really Chinese Democracy in disguise. (or a single)
c.) This is absolutely nothing.

Which option do you think is right? drool

Hmmm...

If it isn't c.) then it must be b.) - The Greatest Hits a collection of GN'R singles, i really can't imagine for one minute there could be a Greatest Hits 2, it would surely contain some tracks from the The Greatest hits already released (and that would make no sense).

...and, another way of looking at it is, if there is anything coming out from GN'R, it's got to be new material  ok
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 11:14:04 AM by shaun » Logged
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2004, 11:15:32 AM »

Might be 'Best of'? No TSI tracks  Cool + estranged, used to love her, it's so easy, mr. brownstone, Pretty tied up, rocket queen, garden of eden Huh and even old unreleased track or demo, like heartbreak hotel

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2004, 11:58:27 AM »

I don't think A is true. I just don't think Axl would do this as he is so wrapped up in Chinese Democracy - and besides if he is releasing an album around this time he won't want another GNR product to compete with.

Unless of course it has something to do with the court case as has been previously commented upon.

I hope its B, but realistically its gotta be C!

Here today...ready to rock
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2004, 12:09:29 PM »

I've always thought we'd see some sort of "code name" for a tentative album release. If they put up there, a specific time for a specific title, the secret would be out. I'm sure Axl will want to drop an atomic bomb with this one. I definitely don't see a GH v.2, unless it's got new/rerecorded material on it, but my guess is that the next Guns N' Roses cd out will be 'Chinese Democracy', no rarities colection, no "Best Of", etc.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Groghan
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2004, 12:53:40 PM »

Come on people - get real here. Die-hard obsessed GnR fans, mods who have connections . . . can't find ANYTHING out about the new album, but some checkstand girl is going to know that information? She may have a tentative release date for an album, but what - Axl's mangement crew called her up and said 'Axl wasn't happy with the first Greatest Hits album, so he's putting out his own version of it. We're not telling anybody but a few select cashiers at a few select music stores."
jellyhead
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2004, 02:09:45 PM »

Come on people - get real here. Die-hard obsessed GnR fans, mods who have connections . . . can't find ANYTHING out about the new album, but some checkstand girl is going to know that information? She may have a tentative release date for an album, but what - Axl's mangement crew called her up and said 'Axl wasn't happy with the first Greatest Hits album, so he's putting out his own version of it. We're not telling anybody but a few select cashiers at a few select music stores."

hihi

Agreed.  This story does see like a big load of BS.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2004, 03:27:18 PM »

hihi

Agreed.? This story does see like a big load of BS.

If it wasnt for BS stories I wouldnt have anything to read

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2004, 03:35:38 PM »

I don't think it's going to turn out to be anything....Nothing ever turns out.

But the thought of it being a single makes me wish. smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2004, 05:32:41 PM »

I'm not a bullshitter.? No BS in this post, and I've never posted BS.? She said she wasn't sure what the album was but she knew of the previous Greatest Hits that came out.? She assumed that it's Axl's version whatever that means.? I have no idea why it was listed for upcoming releases, but it clearly stated "Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits".? Just a simple stapled together printed out chart.? Your guess is as good as mine.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 05:41:19 PM by grog mug » Logged
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2004, 05:36:32 PM »

By the way GROGhan you should know that Grog's don't bullshit, so think what you want but I'm the real Grog...remember that, lol.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 05:40:51 PM by grog mug » Logged
Sterlingdog
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2004, 05:44:55 PM »

On the CD release date rumor thread back in July, someone says their friend was at a Sam Goody and was asked to preorder GNR's upcoming self - titled album, due in November

So either both Booker Floyd (from the CD release date thread) and Grog mug are posting BS stories, or two different people have heard similar info from 2 different Sam Goody stores. 

I'm not saying this guarantees that either or both stories are true, but it makes me think something might be going on.  Although why only Sam Goody stores would have this information and not any other stores makes no sense to me.  But has anybody else done what Grog Mug did, and just walked in and asked somewhere, for example, like Tower?
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2004, 05:47:24 PM »

It cant be true I cant see it happening Axl has got to put out Chinese Democracy next there is nothing left for him to do

EEEERRRR Little boy
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2004, 08:46:13 PM »

If anybody lives in Kentucky, please go in to the Sam Goody store in the Oxmoor Mall.  They will tell and show you the same thing.   I'm going to go there tomorrow and ask them what it really means and talk to the head manager to see if he know's whats up.  Like I said your guess is as good as mine.  Not looking for attention here, just sharing something I've been told by simply asking a record store if anything is scheduled or coming out. 
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2004, 08:55:19 PM »

Has anyone stopped to think that if this really does come to fruition (and I think Axl is looney enough to go through with releasing a Greatest Hits II) that we would officially have LESS released CDs (If Live Era counted as two) that contain original material than CDs that do not?

Appetite + Lies + UYI I + UYI II = 4

TSI + Live Era Disc 1 + Live Era Disc 2 + GH + GH II = 5

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2004, 09:03:57 PM »

I think this album the GHs II was chin dem and was to be released in Nov but the album got pushed back to Feb. Tommy And Diz both said the planned release date was Nov but that apparely has fallen through. I dont think there is another GHs album, it was IMO just a code name for CD so it wont leak out.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2004, 11:22:52 PM »

She assumed that it's Axl's version whatever that means

that makes sense
doesn't sound like he's saying she claimed to KNOW anything
other than there being an upcoming release listed as "Greatest Hits"
and she knows the GH already came out
and she know's Axl protested it
so this is how she's rationalizing it

what is it?
who knows!?  No one!  Tongue
but could it be that CD has a different name? and they are keeping it secret?
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2004, 02:33:19 AM »

I like this rumor Grin it seems fun and not entirely too far fetched.

And Grog Mug...when trying to gain credibility you should avoid posts like these, "By the way GROGhan you should know that Grog's don't bullshit, so think what you want but I'm the real Grog...remember that, lol"

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2004, 01:59:51 PM »

LOL, I know, I was kidding on that post.  I meant no harm in saying it.  I think I reacted like that because I really am telling you the truth about a simple story I came across at Sam Goody and someone was trying to make it out be some stupid bullshit rumor.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2004, 02:54:40 PM »

next time i go into sam goody i'm gonna ask em if anything from guns n roses is scheduled.. although i'm gonna seem like a moron asking them and the whole store (usually filled with goths and pop/punk people) are gonna turn around and laugh..   confused

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2004, 03:48:15 AM »

I ABSOLUTLEY AGREE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: