Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:23:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Gn'R lead guitar player Richard fortus" (Tommy's website)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Gn'R lead guitar player Richard fortus" (Tommy's website)  (Read 7381 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« on: August 04, 2005, 03:41:40 PM »

http://www.tommystinson.com/bio.html

I've just read Tommy's bio on his official website and something took my attention: "Besides handling all vocals (...) GN'R lead guitar player Richard fortus (alumnus of the latter day psychedelic furz (...)" Toward the end of his bio.
Besides, Sanctuary erased Buckethead of the GN'R members profiles.

I just want to know if this sentence is new, or not, (i don't remember having read it before) and when was Tommy's bio written on his website? was it written before of after BH departure?
If it was written after and/or recently, it confirms Fortus and Finck are ready to switch off lead parts, wich is, for me, a great news for the future.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 05:19:07 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 03:57:49 PM »

Fortus recently said that he and Robin Finck actually share both leading and rythm parts

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 04:16:37 PM »

That has been in Tommy's bio since at least last summer.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 04:49:13 PM »

http://www.tommystinson.com/bio.html

I've just read Tommy's bio on his official website and something took my attention: "Besides handling all vocals (...) GN'R lead guitar player Richard fortus (alumnus of the latter day psychedelic furz (...)" Toward the end of his bio.
Besides, Sanctuary erased Buckethead of the GN'R members profiles.

I just want to know if this sentence is new, or not, (i don't remember having read it before) and when did Tommy's bio was written on his website. was it written before of after BH departure?
If it was written after and/or recently, it confirms Fortus and Finck are ready to switch off lead parts, wich is, for me, a great news for the future.

It's all very clear now , chinese democracy starts right now.

Christian
VIP

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 06:45:43 PM »

Saul...
Do you have anything better to say?
If you don't want to post, don't post, ok? Try to not joke with threads like this.

For me... this post confirms that Robin Finck and Fortus are in the Lead Guitar of Guns...
Kitano
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 07:21:23 PM »

Saul...
If you don't want to post, don't post, ok? Try to not joke with threads like this.

For me... this post confirms that Robin Finck and Fortus are in the Lead Guitar of Guns...

I'd rather read someones joke then someone bitching and whining.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 07:36:48 PM »

Saul...

I was going to start a VMA's rumor thread but .....

Very perceptive! I kinda realized it when richard , himself , said .. me and robin finck now switch off leads

Roll Eyes

I wonder if tommy will update his website and let us know who the lead singer of GNR is these days?!  Huh

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 08:27:21 PM »

Haha Saul your a funny guy. "Chinese Democracy starts now"

Im actually laughing out loud... the wait has made me crazy

gnrevolution.com
estranged.1098
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 09:36:46 PM »

Fortus recently said that he and Robin Finck actually share both leading and rythm parts

Yep, he mentioned that in an interview with splat.

What is the current guitarist situation in GN'R?

At the moment, Robin Fink and I are the only guitarists in the band. We switch off between lead and rhythm.

http://www.sp1at.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=591
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 01:06:09 AM »

They switch off between lead and rythym?  When do they do that?  When they're sitting around in their houses waiting for Axl to call?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 03:17:05 AM »

Good point Rob. Glad I'm not the only one who found that statement ludicrous. The band hasn't seen Axl in over a year, the music has supposedly been done for years, so how are these guys alternating? Richard's statement made no sense at all, and Sp1at is run by a bunch of morons since they didn't call him on this huge contradiction.

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2005, 04:53:55 AM »

They switch off between lead and rythym?  When do they do that?  When they're sitting around in their houses waiting for Axl to call?

it doesn't mean that they are actually playing, since they doesn't, it means only what is their role in the band, and how that role changed after the BH departure

morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2005, 09:48:16 AM »

Chinese Democracy starts Now!!!  nervous

I think its great to switch on the lead and rythym, then bouth guitarist will grow, and one wont be more known then the other. Take Old GNR, Slash got more known then Izzy, even if Izzy was great songwrighter and componist!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
estranged.1098
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2005, 01:40:35 PM »

Good point Rob. Glad I'm not the only one who found that statement ludicrous. The band hasn't seen Axl in over a year, the music has supposedly been done for years, so how are these guys alternating? Richard's statement made no sense at all, and Sp1at is run by a bunch of morons since they didn't call him on this huge contradiction.

Actually, Fortus and Finck know a hell lot more than you about their roles in Guns N' Roses. There's no contradiction at all in that statement, but I guess that's just an excuse to offend the splat people who did the interview.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2005, 03:13:26 PM »

Actually, Fortus and Finck know a hell lot more than you about their roles in Guns N' Roses. There's no contradiction at all in that statement, but I guess that's just an excuse to offend the splat people who did the interview.

Estranged, neither of them have any role in GN'R right now.? That's why the statement is so ridiculous.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2005, 03:48:46 PM »

you are ridicolous  Roll Eyes

Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2005, 04:57:50 PM »

Perhaps no assumption is made about how often the guys get together, whether totally or individually.  And for your information James, only Brain said he hadn't seen Axl in a year, yet had spoken to him 3 months ago For all we know Robin could have seen him yesterday.  Robins movements/whereabouts have been pretty hard to pin down over the last year, he could be hanging and jamming with Richard weekly for all we know.

Though I also do appreciate that it's easier to criticise those that endevour to bring the community some information, when that information is extremely difficult to come by, than to accept that any news is a bonus and not a right.
conny
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2005, 07:39:02 PM »

Robin hopefully used the slience to become a lot more precise on the guitar.

He is a very intresting guitarist, but what he showed on the 2002 tour won't be enough anymore now that Buckethead is gone.

A little less dancing and a bit more focus would be nice...

Without a truly exceptional guitarist, this band will not stand a chance. I'm sure they know about that and either have a totally improved Robin Finck or some other new lead guitarist on their hands.

Or else this boat will sink like a led zeppelin.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2005, 08:17:47 AM »

Robin hopefully used the slience to become a lot more precise on the guitar.

He is a very intresting guitarist, but what he showed on the 2002 tour won't be enough anymore now that Buckethead is gone.

A little less dancing and a bit more focus would be nice...

Without a truly exceptional guitarist, this band will not stand a chance. I'm sure they know about that and either have a totally improved Robin Finck or some other new lead guitarist on their hands.

Or else this boat will sink like a led zeppelin.

Do you mean that's why Brain said that CD would be like Led Zeppelin II?  hihi

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2005, 01:04:13 PM »

However Brian didn't say it would be like titanic II. or the ships with 4.1 millions of cheetah girls.
I've never heard of a sinking led zeppelin.

Robin is sorta exceptional too.

Perhaps no assumption is made about how often the guys get together, whether totally or individually.  And for your information James, only Brain said he hadn't seen Axl in a year, yet had spoken to him 3 months ago For all we know Robin could have seen him yesterday.  Robins movements/whereabouts have been pretty hard to pin down over the last year, he could be hanging and jamming with Richard weekly for all we know.

Though I also do appreciate that it's easier to criticise those that endevour to bring the community some information, when that information is extremely difficult to come by, than to accept that any news is a bonus and not a right.

Right on! Besides, not seeing doesn't necessarily mean not talking or emailing. ok
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: