Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:20:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Guns n' Roses to Reunite" Article
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Guns n' Roses to Reunite" Article  (Read 20297 times)
directionality
Headliner

« on: January 23, 2006, 03:36:33 PM »

Everyone... GET EXCITED! AXL'S GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER. YOWWWWW!

Although we all know that this is a rehashing/misreading of the RS article, I've decided to post for everyone's pleasure a link to a google search news item entitled "Guns n' Roses to Reunite," courtesy of Life Style Extra UK.

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowbizNews.asp?Code=ZX23964R&headline=guns_n_roses_to_reunite

Check it out and enjoy how the author assigns his or her own meanings to Axl's quotes.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 03:53:28 PM »

No, its not. Its just a reharsh of Rolling Stone's article and the person who wrote this was pretty biased. Axl didn't say anything about a concrete reunion.

Edited: sorry, I just read your post. You're right about the author. Tongue

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 04:32:16 PM »

now thats whatr i call a well written article  hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 04:41:16 PM »

Its quite funny how the author of that articles believe that GNR are reuniting.

"Everytime there is a big show we are rumoured to be there." - I THINK he is talking about the new band... hihi

They managed to get info that GNR is reuniting by Axl saying "I haven't spoken to Slash in 10 years"

Disgraceful.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 04:51:24 PM »

The original article  "As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely. "

a "well written" article "The original members of Guns 'n' Roses could reunite, lead singer Axl Rose has claimed." hihi

horribly misleading 2 cents. And I guess there's been hell lots of "well written articles" like this one.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 05:25:56 PM »

one day axl n slash will share the same stage, at the same time
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 05:27:46 PM »

Chinese Dem , I mean , the reunion starts now!!

Warren
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 06:02:17 PM »

one day axl n slash will share the same stage, at the same time
Sooner than people usually think.

Just wait and see.
badapple81
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 06:05:41 PM »

That article has just twisted all the quotes.

A reunion isn't happening anytime soon. Especially after Chinese Democracy is released under the Guns N' Roses name.

Anyway, we don't need to get excited about a reunion as if there is nothing else to look forward to, cos we have the NEW Guns N' Roses record to get excited about  ok
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 06:06:48 PM »

If I said that I almost wish the old GNR would never reunite, would that fuck any of you up? I think Rock bands reuniting, is one of the lamest cliches in Rock music. The only time it has ever been cool, was when Spinal Tap did it. Maybe Black Sabbath.

GNR are above this tired gimmick. They are the real deal exactly because of how they lived it, and how they broke up. They were always on the verge of self destruction. That wasnt an act. You never knew when it was going to be it, or one of them would have died. They finally did self destruct. Why haven't they (Axl and Slash) talked in 10 years? The real answer that only Axl and Slash could say, is the same answer as to why they should never reunite. Bands who reunite are generally speaking, fucking lame (or were lame to begin with).

Man, GNR should never fall back into doing something that will make their legacy fucked, by falling into this overtly money grubbing tired cliche rock n' roll trappings. GNR will be more special (as a story goes) if the original group never reunites. Think about this before just letting your overly emotional chick part of yourselves run your mouth and fingers.

It would be a shit load cooler, if Axl just releases some fucking masterpieces with the new GNR his way. Fuck looking back. Live and let die.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 06:12:18 PM »

If I said that I almost wish the old GNR would never reunite, would that fuck any of you up? I think Rock bands reuniting, is one of the lamest cliches in Rock music. The only time it has ever been cool, was when Spinal Tap did it. Maybe Black Sabbath.

GNR are above this tired gimmick. They are the real deal exactly because of how they lived it, and how they broke up. They were always on the verge of self destruction. That wasnt an act. You never knew when it was going to be it, or one of them would have died. They finally did self destruct. Why haven't they (Axl and Slash) talked in 10 years? The real answer that only Axl and Slash could say, is the same answer as to why they should never reunite. Bands who reunite are generally speaking, fucking lame (or were lame to begin with).

Man, GNR should never fall back into doing something that will make their legacy fucked, by falling into this overtly money grubbing tired cliche rock n' roll trappings. GNR will be more special (as a story goes) if the original group never reunites. Think about this before just letting your overly emotional chick part of yourselves run your mouth and fingers.

It would be a shit load cooler, if Axl just releases some fucking masterpieces with the new GNR his way. Fuck looking back. Live and let die.

ummm if axl release an album with a new band that bombed completely, that would fuck up the gnr legacy more than a reunion.

poop
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 06:14:24 PM »

that's your opinion, but nothing is lamer then someone using the huge name to keep a side project going time wise n funds.. The better thing would have been to allow the band to be broken up and move on.. ?How are they above this tired gimmik>>Huh They have been a running joke for years with cd and axl's looks have surpassed his talents in water cooler talk.... ?So if the worse thing that could happen is the afd gnr reunites then lets hope for the worst
Warren
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 06:15:00 PM »

I hope the "new band" will die as soon as possible.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2006, 06:23:08 PM »

that's your opinion, but nothing is lamer then someone using the huge name to keep a side project going time wise n funds.. The better thing would have been to allow the band to be broken up and move on.. ?How are they above this tired gimmik>>Huh They have been a running joke for years with cd and axl's looks have surpassed his talents in water cooler talk.... ?So if the worse thing that could happen is the afd gnr reunites then lets hope for the worst

This is only because Chinese D isn't out yet. If the album is great, nobody is gonna give a shit about the things you are stating here, or be able to talk shit about any of it. What Axl has been doing (and on this scale) has never ever been done. Until we hear the product, you can't classify the unknown as lame. Shit this has been a joke. But if Chinese D isn't a joke, and is something fucking real and serious, none of this matters anymore. Nothing but the new GNR's future.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 06:24:46 PM »

Yes, your gunna make all kinds of new friends here with that attitude.. hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
rainX
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 07:01:18 PM »

that's a nice sentiment. and as for your signature, john lennon was the beatles, everyone knows that. and  starting pitchers don't warm up to the beatles, they warm up to guns n' roses. Mark McGwire didn't hit his 62nd HR after Let It Be, he hit it after his name was announced to WTTJ. Guns N' Roses, the term, the being, is beyond comprehension. It is an energy ship travelling a million miles an hour sometimes seemingly no where at all. And only two cared enough to not jump off, to ride this crazy train wherever it leads.

yeah maybe i'm insane, but this is what happens when a gunner has a 103 fever and the stomach flu

guns n' roses 2006 jarmo if this forum ever stops working again i'm gonna kill myself ok ?

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 07:01:59 PM »

Sad thing is: not one of us know whats going on. Funniest thing is:  this reminds me of reading the Sunday comics. Axl's probable reads this stuff and laughs his ass off. hihi

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Colt 1911
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2006, 07:47:18 PM »

NO NO NO NO NO NO AND FUCKIN NO!!!!! There WILL NEVER be a reunion or so we can all hope, it would suck plus slash is a dick. This is the biggest pos article ever axl never even mentiond or hinted about a reunion or anything to do with one. So i guess he can talk to any old members or it means theres a reunion coming. VR is happy in their shit band adler snorting and shooting somewhere and Axl is making one kick ass fucking cd and going to tour again with the new and kick ass band!
McDuff
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2006, 01:46:27 AM »

NO NO NO NO NO NO AND FUCKIN NO!!!!! There WILL NEVER be a reunion or so we can all hope, it would suck plus slash is a dick. This is the biggest pos article ever axl never even mentiond or hinted about a reunion or anything to do with one. So i guess he can talk to any old members or it means theres a reunion coming. VR is happy in their shit band adler snorting and shooting somewhere and Axl is making one kick ass fucking cd and going to tour again with the new and kick ass band!

Well,I for one am a fan of both the original band and the new band as well,and no matter what anyone says it's not gonna be up to us what GN'R do or don't do.I think this board is great,and if there was no Guns N' Roses at all,I bet this board would cease to exist,so we should all just get along because most of us are fans of the old and the new peace
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2006, 02:13:02 AM »

This is only because Chinese D isn't out yet. If the album is great, nobody is gonna give a shit about the things you are stating here, or be able to talk shit about any of it. What Axl has been doing (and on this scale) has never ever been done. Until we hear the product, you can't classify the unknown as lame. Shit this has been a joke. But if Chinese D isn't a joke, and is something fucking real and serious, none of this matters anymore. Nothing but the new GNR's future.

I only said what I did because of how you made it seem so crazy and idiotic for someone to want to see the gnr they loved growing up one day be side by side on the same stage again// For me that is what gnr was and would like to see that part of my youth again..

and what if one day they did agree to this?? WOuld you just say fuck this?? I mean how could you get angry in years to come (after cd vr) if they became friends again and did what they wanted and what a lot of the public would definetly enjoy..  Gnr has played in front of like 6 million people in thier lifetime, I'm sure a good chunk of that wouldn't mind seeing slash with izzy n axl along with duff m steve if possible..

If the album is great I will love it and will have one in my car and in my stereo at ho,me... but that will not change how I view gnr or who is gnr to me

I can classify this as lame because of how long it has taken, axl came back with new guys started from new years to rio to vmas to the msg show and then left.. ANy other person that was this uncool to their fans would get a tongue lashing from gnr fans.. By your theory ZI can never say it's lame even if it takes 50 years to get cd because there's no product.. Well everything until that time is up IS lame.. I don't think the new guys are lame at all, I don't think their time n effoprt is lame, I think axl's could careless attitude sucks and to a degree how he feeels gnr is him and was him alone.. You don't have to agree with me, but I loved old real gnr and that was my youth...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: