Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:14:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Guns n' Roses to Reunite" Article
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Guns n' Roses to Reunite" Article  (Read 20294 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2006, 03:10:02 PM »

The best gift to a GNR fan would definitely be a reunion....

For a true music fan,
Chinese Democracy will be it.

Buddha, good posts. The best times are ahead of us!

yeah  it`s CD.    a reunion would be VERY cool for a few farewell concerts....but otherwise buddha explains it the best.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2006, 10:29:18 PM »

Everyone... GET EXCITED! AXL'S GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER. YOWWWWW!

Although we all know that this is a rehashing/misreading of the RS article, I've decided to post for everyone's pleasure a link to a google search news item entitled "Guns n' Roses to Reunite," courtesy of Life Style Extra UK.

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowbizNews.asp?Code=ZX23964R&headline=guns_n_roses_to_reunite

Check it out and enjoy how the author assigns his or her own meanings to Axl's quotes.

and people wonder why Axl stays silent no
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2006, 06:11:42 AM »

Everyone... GET EXCITED! AXL'S GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER. YOWWWWW!

Although we all know that this is a rehashing/misreading of the RS article, I've decided to post for everyone's pleasure a link to a google search news item entitled "Guns n' Roses to Reunite," courtesy of Life Style Extra UK.

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowbizNews.asp?Code=ZX23964R&headline=guns_n_roses_to_reunite

Check it out and enjoy how the author assigns his or her own meanings to Axl's quotes.

and people wonder why Axl stays silent no

It's just absurd. It just shows how internet is a "big garbage can". hihi

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2006, 10:06:29 PM »

I'd rather "Axl went his own direction and continued to make music with his new band" rather than "Axl had a stint with a new line up before regrouping the original band".

That wouldn't just be Axl admitting, or mildly hinting at defeat, but it would be rubbing salt in the open wound of us Gn'R fans, as well as Axl's gaping ego. Axl's future will live or die by the success of Chinese Democracy, not how many tickets some cheesy reunion tour sells.

I look forward to the future and not some fake gathering for nostalgic sake. If I want nostalgia, I'll play some old classic Nintendo game, Kung Fu flick, or monster movie. Or how about this idea. I will play Appetite and smile because of how fucking awesome it still is. But those guys who put it together was fucking masterpiece for the time. For the time. But the music they made are timeless. But now I look forward to new music from this GNR more than hearing yesterdays ones. Life is too short for me to live for nostalgic sake. Fuck that shit.

GNR belongs to people who want it the most. And who want to give us what could be a much bigger and cutting edge sound. Maybe that's it. GNR was always cutting edge. GNR, as it was with the old lineup is no longer that, and can never be that. It ( a reunion) is for those who are desperately trying to relive what maybe is the best times of their life. I like to think that the best times are ahead of me. Maybe some of you should too.

I totally agree with you entire post Buddha, especially the part I highlighted.

It would be redundant to wish a reunion upon any of the 5 members now as their lives, and hearts are all in completely different places now and always will be than they were back in '86/87 on the Sunset strip when they made that one true masterpiece. I may remain a firm believer the original band may one day take the stage together for one last show, but not within the realm of my vision...Axl and the new band have worked to damn long and hard on this beast just to chain it back up in the basement...

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2006, 08:17:58 AM »

I'd rather "Axl went his own direction and continued to make music with his new band" rather than "Axl had a stint with a new line up before regrouping the original band".

That wouldn't just be Axl admitting, or mildly hinting at defeat, but it would be rubbing salt in the open wound of us Gn'R fans, as well as Axl's gaping ego. Axl's future will live or die by the success of Chinese Democracy, not how many tickets some cheesy reunion tour sells.

I look forward to the future and not some fake gathering for nostalgic sake. If I want nostalgia, I'll play some old classic Nintendo game, Kung Fu flick, or monster movie. Or how about this idea. I will play Appetite and smile because of how fucking awesome it still is. But those guys who put it together was fucking masterpiece for the time. For the time. But the music they made are timeless. But now I look forward to new music from this GNR more than hearing yesterdays ones. Life is too short for me to live for nostalgic sake. Fuck that shit.

GNR belongs to people who want it the most. And who want to give us what could be a much bigger and cutting edge sound. Maybe that's it. GNR was always cutting edge. GNR, as it was with the old lineup is no longer that, and can never be that. It ( a reunion) is for those who are desperately trying to relive what maybe is the best times of their life. I like to think that the best times are ahead of me. Maybe some of you should too.

I totally agree with you entire post Buddha, especially the part I highlighted.

It would be redundant to wish a reunion upon any of the 5 members now as their lives, and hearts are all in completely different places now and always will be than they were back in '86/87 on the Sunset strip when they made that one true masterpiece. I may remain a firm believer the original band may one day take the stage together for one last show, but not within the realm of my vision...Axl and the new band have worked to damn long and hard on this beast just to chain it back up in the basement...

i bet there won?t be a reunion with steven. not even for one show.  so forget about the "original band"..... the guy?s just too fucked up...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: