Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:35:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Don't Cry" reminds nostalgia with Slash...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Don't Cry" reminds nostalgia with Slash...  (Read 15842 times)
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2006, 12:27:14 PM »

a little off topic but, how are the guitars in this band??i mean BH added bits into slash's stuff etc, whats the crack this time?? i cant download songs etc no speakers

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2006, 01:38:27 PM »

If you said the song call shanon hoon to your mind, your sorrow would be easy to understand. Huh
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2006, 02:06:01 PM »

If it's only about visuals, then let's wait for the band to shoot videos. Then you'll have the right face that will pop in your mind hihi

In fact, let's redo all the GN'R's videos rofl

We got time to kill anyway, until fall - late fall peace

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2006, 02:20:03 PM »

Seeing the old band perform makes me nostalgic.

Seeing Ron do the guitar solo doesn't.

If you said the song call shanon hoon to your mind, your sorrow would be easy to understand. Huh

Should Axl ever sing the song again live, I might just get all sappy because of that. Having Shannon do an Izzy with the new band... Would be so cool.  Cry

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2006, 03:03:32 PM »

Sincerely, I think Ron playing the instrumental of "Don't Cry" without Axl is not a good idea. It makes people sad because everybody thinks about Slash and wants him to be there.

I felt the exact same way.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2006, 03:13:06 PM »

Should Axl ever sing the song again live, I might just get all sappy because of that. Having Shannon do an Izzy with the new band... Would be so cool.  Cry

I didn't know much about shanon but I think maybe that's the reason axl doesn't sing it.
Singing "don't cry" with a moist look in his eyes might be a bit too much for him.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2006, 06:48:46 PM »

Should Axl ever sing the song again live, I might just get all sappy because of that. Having Shannon do an Izzy with the new band... Would be so cool.? Cry

I think ron is a great player and agreat guy, but seeing him playing it doesn't feel like gnr at all.. I'm sick of replacements playing gnr classics already....
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2006, 06:53:56 PM »

Sincerely, I think Ron playing the instrumental of "Don't Cry" without Axl is not a good idea. It makes people sad because everybody thinks about Slash and wants him to be there.

... and all the other Slash solo's they play doesn't...?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2006, 11:33:07 PM »

Should Axl ever sing the song again live, I might just get all sappy because of that. Having Shannon do an Izzy with the new band... Would be so cool.? Cry

I think ron is a great player and agreat guy, but seeing him playing it doesn't feel like gnr at all.. I'm sick of replacements playing gnr classics already....

Mike, I feel you on that.  This band needs its own identity, and perhaps a new name.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2006, 02:37:00 AM »

Mike, I feel you on that.? This band needs its own identity, and perhaps a new name.

If we're ever lucky enough to get that album and he tours afterwards and releases a single at least I feel we will get newer material... I want maybe 4 old songs, wttj, scom, pc, nr
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: