Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:38:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227891 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Double Talkin' Jive: A Hard Rock Tribute to Guns N' Roses"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Double Talkin' Jive: A Hard Rock Tribute to Guns N' Roses"  (Read 2493 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: January 25, 2007, 06:34:12 PM »

Versailles Records has announced that Ron Keel will appear alongside Grammy-winning pianist Randy Cantor on a remake of the GUNS N' ROSES track "Don't Cry" as part of the label's forthcoming "Double Talkin' Jive: A Hard Rock Tribute to Guns N' Roses", the second volume of the tribute series to Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff, and Co., due for release late summer. Additionally, DANGEROUS TOYS vocalist Jason McMaster will contribute lead vocals to "Welcome to the Jungle" alongside NEAR LIFE EXPERIENCE guitarist/keyboardist Richard Kendrick. Other artist appearances will be announced in the near future.

Ron Keel came to prominence with his band STEELER, which featured Yngwie Malmsteen, Rik Fox and Mark Edwards. The group became one of Los Angeles' hottest acts, but could not withstand the test of time. Yngwie was the first to leave, opting to play with the band ALCATRAZZ, featuring Graham Bonnet. However, STEELER was able to record one self-titled album, released in 1984 on Shrapnel Records.

After the demise of STEELER, Ron formed a new band and simply called it KEEL. The band quickly secured a major record deal with Gold Mountain/A&M Records.

KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons produced two KEEL albums, including "The Right to Rock" and "The Final Frontier".

Source: Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
EFISH
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 06:39:34 PM »

Whats with all these GNR tributes? Angry
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 06:51:48 PM »

I know it's  not like they do better versions of their songs!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 06:54:16 PM »

Interesting news, but to me, it just sounds like a bad idea. ?If I want to hear Jungle, then I only want to hear Axl singing it. ?Perhaps "tribute" albums make sense when a legendary band has broken up or is no longer active, but given that GnR are back in a big way - and soon to be much bigger - I just don't have any desire listening to other people cover their music right now.

Not saying I would turn it off it came on, mind you, just that I have no interest in seeking it out on my own.
EFISH
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 07:03:40 PM »

I'd like to hear tributes to the new songs, but enough of the same old hits already. There's like 300000 tributes and NO ONE has topped GNR or even came close. It's just a bunch of people trying to imitate them and sounding stupid.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 07:13:49 PM »

but tributes aint about topping or being better then the original, it's about makin' money, simple really
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 07:17:26 PM by Ralph » Logged
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 05:52:40 AM »

but tributes aint about topping or being better then the original, it's about makin' money, simple really

exactly, with chinese democracy coming out and the successful european and US tours, GNR are hot property

people want to cash in on that!

MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 09:19:01 AM »

I wouldn't mind hearing some cool bands cover the songs. I remember seeing Van Halen cover Zeppelin (Rock and Roll) and thought that was a nice tribute, but most of the bands on the GNR tributes are lame-asses that no one has heard of.

Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 12:50:26 PM »

I wouldn't mind so much if they took a totally different slant on the songs and did them in a different style or something.  When they do them in the same way as the original it only serves to highlight the inadequacies of the cover version  Undecided
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: