Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:27:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Chinese Democracy" chart placing/predictions
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Chinese Democracy" chart placing/predictions  (Read 14034 times)
EagleDiver182
Opening Act

Hey Fuckers!!! Suck on Guns N' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2008, 02:02:25 PM »

Guns N Roses' Chinese Democracy single entered USA Today's airplay charts at #19 for this week!! Considering it hasnt even been out a full week and is just the first week!

http://www.q1043.com/cc-common/top20/usa_today/?fmt_id=Active%20Rock

It wouldnt even matter a thing that I said
You made your mark, I've been gone anyways
And theres no use now in dragging it on
You should have seen me coming all along
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2008, 02:10:17 PM »

Guns N Roses' Chinese Democracy single entered USA Today's airplay charts at #19 for this week!! Considering it hasnt even been out a full week and is just the first week!

http://www.q1043.com/cc-common/top20/usa_today/?fmt_id=Active%20Rock

Yeah, that isn't even the most up to date Active Rock chart.

It's actually cracked the top ten already on the Mainstream Rock chart.

Ali
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2008, 03:44:48 PM »

I think the USA today chart is based on airplay over a 12 week period.....so if GNR are debuting with 700+ spins, and the top song has 2100 spins, it should climb really quick unless it just falls off the airwaves.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2008, 04:10:22 PM »

AC/DC's "Black Ice" is flying off the shelves at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club, the exclusive U.S. retailers for the album that arrived yesterday (Oct. 21). Sources estimate the set sold 193,000 copies in its first day of sale, and could move upward of 800,000 in its first week.

U gotta figure CD will at least do that good.

I'm astonished the AC/DC record is doing that well.  Maybe there really is something to this 'exclusive retailer' thing.  Damn, if AC/DC hits 800,000, I hope that GN'R would at least hit that much in the first week.

Ali
DO you have any clue about how HUGE AC/DC's fan base is? If you did , you shouldn't be surprised with how well their cd is doing....

Uh, yes, I do.  I own 12 AC/DC albums.

But, if you knew how well the last album, Stiff Upper Lip, sold, you might be surprised at how well this one is selling.  The last album sold 193, 000 copies in the first week and nearly a million overall.

Just for a little perspective there.

Ali

Ok, but you need to update the way you think about how cd's are sold since the last ac/dc album came out. the big box retailer exclusives really have helped the big, established acts move product....
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2008, 04:21:55 PM »

I estimate about 500,000 first week sales for the Gunners...but i hate to say it...I don't think they'll get the #1.

Kayne, Killers, Ludacris all come out the same day.  Kayne probably has the best chance at the #1.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
TheSod75
Opening Act

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2008, 04:35:51 PM »

I estimate about 500,000 first week sales for the Gunners...but i hate to say it...I don't think they'll get the #1.

Kayne, Killers, Ludacris all come out the same day.  Kayne probably has the best chance at the #1.

While they'll certainly be facing stiff competition, I'm thinking 'Chinese Democracy' will at least approach a million copies the first week it's out. AC/DC's latest album is doing quite well, much better than their two previous releases did out of the gate. And GnR's album has been in the works for 14 years. There's a curiosity factor with this record that doesn't exist with most other releases. And if you look how well the single is doing its first week, the demand is certainly there for Guns N Roses. I think Guns and Kanye will have a nice duel for the top spot, with Guns coming out on top....
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2008, 05:13:41 PM »

Kayne's last album, Graduation, had first week sales of 950,000 and demolished 50 cent's new release.

They should top Ludacris who had 300,000 first week sales of his last release.

But with two major hip-hop artists driving fans to stores...could be a tall order for the gunners.

I hope GNR can do it...but it wont be easy.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Ali
Legend

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2008, 05:25:26 PM »

AC/DC's "Black Ice" is flying off the shelves at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club, the exclusive U.S. retailers for the album that arrived yesterday (Oct. 21). Sources estimate the set sold 193,000 copies in its first day of sale, and could move upward of 800,000 in its first week.

I'm astonished the AC/DC record is doing that well.  Maybe there really is something to this 'exclusive retailer' thing.  Damn, if AC/DC hits 800,000, I hope that GN'R would at least hit that much in the first week.

Ali
DO you have any clue about how HUGE AC/DC's fan base is? If you did , you shouldn't be surprised with how well their cd is doing....

But, if you knew how well the last album, Stiff Upper Lip, sold, you might be surprised at how well this one is selling.  The last album sold 193, 000 copies in the first week and nearly a million overall.

Ali

Ok, but you need to update the way you think about how cd's are sold since the last ac/dc album came out. the big box retailer exclusives really have helped the big, established acts move product....

There is helping big, established acts move product and then there is a greater than 4x increase in first week sales and nearly matching the last album's sales in one week.  It's a night and day difference.

Ali
TheSod75
Opening Act

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2008, 05:32:16 PM »

Kayne's last album, Graduation, had first week sales of 950,000 and demolished 50 cent's new release.

They should top Ludacris who had 300,000 first week sales of his last release.

But with two major hip-hop artists driving fans to stores...could be a tall order for the gunners.

I hope GNR can do it...but it wont be easy.

Guns will also have a two-day headstart on everyone that week...another factor to consider......
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2008, 06:47:35 PM »

Ali

Ali

There is helping big, established acts move product and then there is a greater than 4x increase in first week sales and nearly matching the last album's sales in one week.  It's a night and day difference.

Ali

Exactly my point! It is night and day and the new way of selling the big, established bands CD's via the big box is really working well as you clearly identified from sales of the ac/dc new cd really selling great.....
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2008, 06:56:38 PM »

Ali

Ali

Ali

Exactly my point! It is night and day and the new way of selling the big, established bands CD's via the big box is really working well as you clearly identified from sales of the ac/dc new cd really selling great.....
But don't we agree that AC/DC being available at Wal-Mart will probably help a little bit more than GN'R being available at Best Buy? There are a lot fewer Best Buys in the U.S., which will hurt the "impulse" buy. There are many times that I walk through a Wal-Mart or Best Buy and wind up with a CD or DVD that I didn't plan on buying.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2008, 07:10:49 PM »

Ali

Ali

Ali

I'm saying I think it helped AC/DC, and will ultimately help GN'R, but I don't think that is the sole reason for the increase in sales for AC/DC.  I think it has to do with the quality of the material as well.

Ali
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2008, 11:29:56 PM »

Island Def Jam is moving up by a day the release dates for the Killers' "Day & Age," Ludacris' "Theater of the Mind" and Kanye West's "808s & Heartbreak," in what it says is an attempt to capitalize on the Thanksgiving shopping weekend.

All three albums were due Nov. 25 but will now come out off-cycle on Monday, Nov. 24 in both physical and digital formats.

Each project has already spawned a hit. The Killers' "Human" is No. 6 on Billboard's Modern Rock chart, while Ludacris' "One More Drink" co-starring T-Pain is No. 34 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. West's "Love Lockdown" has already peaked at No. 3 on the Hot 100.

As previously reported, Guns N' Roses' new Interscope album, "Chinese Democracy," will also come out off-cycle on Sunday, Nov. 23 as a Best Buy exclusive.

I think this means all of those albums will have their first day (two days for Guns) appear on a seperate chart than their first week of sales.  I remember this happening when Eminem released an album on a Friday a couple of years back... He was #1 for 2 weeks in a row, but his first week sales were split between the two charts (when in reality he sold something like 1.5 million in the first week).

I don't know if this is good or bad for Guns!
carlosmontana
Headliner

Nigel Tufnel: These go to eleven

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2008, 01:09:25 AM »

The single is #2 Top Song on Sweden itunes as of this morning 07.00, jumped from #7 last night. Guess the pre-orders are pouring in...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: