Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:34:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The GN?R Fan Community has lost a great man - RIP Mr. Innocuous1
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GN?R Fan Community has lost a great man - RIP Mr. Innocuous1  (Read 2914 times)
innocuous1
Opening Act

« on: December 22, 2010, 01:01:28 AM »

Some of you met my husband and I earlier this year at shows in Ontario, Canada (Hamilton, London, Toronto) - - and we had all intentions of reconnecting with some and meeting others this summer at the Sturgis show.

My husband wrecked his auto in July, and succumbed to his injuries in October.  He suffered a very severe diffuse axonal traumatic brain injury in the accident, and never regained meaningful consciousness. 

We truly had one of the very best weeks of our existence together at what was for both our very first live Guns N? Roses experience.  He never posted on the forums (as far as I?m aware) but really dug Guns N? Roses and loved me enough to brave the frozen land of Canada in January in my quest to witness Axl Rose perform live.

I can still see his giant smile as we were leaving the venue after the Hamilton show, headed back to the Honest Lawyer for more vodka?.commenting ?Bumblefoot kicks a bunch of ass!!?.  Albeit we were children of the 80?s / 90?s, we were both instantly in love with the current lineup.  He was strongly energized by the experience and we headed home charged. 

I could not express then what that experience meant to me (I was able to restrain myself, but suddenly understood all of the old pictures and video I?d seen in the past of people freaking the fuck out being in the presence of Elvis or the Beatles)?.and can barely register how now it means even so much more?..law of supply and demand, I suppose.  Memories already permanently etched in my head labeled ?the most fun I?ve ever had in my life? have now been dipped in solid gold.  As it is ONLY the memories I can cling to now. 

I am shattered.  He was my One.  I?ve walked this earth for ? of my life by his side.  My road has vanished and my existence seemingly erased with his absence. 

But at the same time am eternally grateful to all who directly (you know who you are) and indirectly (Guns N? Roses) contributed to these golden memories which I will cherish forever.   It is much out of character for me to be this open, but I?ve been urged to for means of coping - - and WANT to, to express my gratitude. 

We met some really great folks during our journey?.and hopefully, see you again soon at the USA shows I am anxiously awaiting to attend. 

Please hold those that you love extra tightly?..life is so tentative. 

Peace.

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 01:46:43 AM »

Well I don't need to tell you how I feel about this as you already know.

What some here don't know is that I too shared this time with the two of them on the road in Canada. It was innocuous1 that convinced me to get off my ass the night before the Hamilton show and go out to the bar to meet her and her husband. I am so glad I did, we hit it off quickly and met Sebastian Bach at the bar as he just rolled in from the tour bus.

I was very much looking forward to seeing you guys again in the U.S. The times we spent together were great, the concerts, the pre parties, the drive to meet my son and go to Toronto. I was deeply and profoundly saddened the Day innocuous1 contacted me about this accident as her husband wanted to go to Sturgis so badly. I still can't fathom the immensity of this. This couple were meant to be together, you could see it, sense it every moment I was with them.

This man was a happy soul loving every minute of life to the fullest. Every time I talked to him he was smiling. We hung out alot in our short time together.

This was the reason why that week in Canada has stuck with me, the people I met on the way were amazing and unforgettable.

God bless him and God bless you, you know I am here for you innocuous1

This is the only post on this forum that has ever made me cry, I can't help it, I miss him and feel like we have been friends for a long time.

I just found his business card he gave to me in Hamilton yesterday, I will keep it to remind me of this man and the memories that will last a lifetime.

you take good care,

-Justin
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 02:09:40 AM »

i didnt know your husband but this is very sad, i dont really know what to write just to wish you the best. am glad you had a great experience with him going to see GNR live.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 02:13:44 AM »

Wow.  I have to say-that was the greatest and most poignant post I have ever seen here.  Although I was not among those at those shows, I still want to tell you how much my sympathies are with you after such a tragic loss.  Your words - so well written - made me want to cry.  I am so sorry for you.  I hope that you find peace and the ability to move forward because of those cherished memories.  Hopefully you will be able to reconnect with some of the people whom you met, as you attend future shows.  

Life is so tentative.  

May life's greatest blessings be with you.  
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 08:49:32 AM »

I'm so sorry for your loss Innocuous1, but I admire your spirit and true words.  Wink

He sounded like a very special person who lived life to the full, and you two sound like you were made for each other. It's so nice to hear about couples who were as close as you two were, doing everything together. My heart is aching for you at this moment, you seem like you have lost you compass in life.

I was at the Toronto show in North America this year, so I would have been in both your company. I'm glad he got to enjoy, a brilliant band like GN'R before he was taken from us.

I hope you keep the spirit and energy which he demonstrated while he was with you, and he would have wanted that. Don't dispair, but rejoice at all of good times you shared. And everytime you hear Guns N' Roses, think of them amazing shows, you saw together this year.

My thoughts are with you, keep strong and live life knowing you crossed paths with a very special person who was your soulmate.

love
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 09:21:21 PM »

My eyes welled up reading that.  I like to believe you will be together again...just don't make it too soon! 
...and yes, life is way too short.  Live, love, and appreciate the little things. 
 peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
innocuous1
Opening Act

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 03:06:07 AM »

Thanks everyone for such kind and supportive words  love

I wish you all a great holiday season, filled with special memories to take forward ~
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 07:10:39 AM »

I was really sad to read your post and hear of your loss Innocuous1.  Cherish the wonderful memories you have and stay strong.  My thoughts are with you and I sincerely wish you all the best.  May peace and happiness be with you and your families.
xx
bumb.l.foot
Opening Act

Ive got a funny feeling...........

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 07:40:56 AM »

I am very sad to read that.

Stay close to all friends and family and support each other.

Your husband will always be alive in your heart and you will be able to cherish every memory. 

i'm a cactus
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 06:56:15 PM »

Wow.

I'm sorry for your loss.  Sad

Don't know what else to say...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 09:02:30 AM »

i do understand and know about  people in your life going.but it's to a better place ,with no pain or sadness.
im very sorry for your lose.
my b/f passed away from lung cancer,and feel your pain.the guilt to my amaze isn't something i have to live with.and am still in grief but sometimes.im in a way glad that he didn't suffer very long.it came pretty fast and i was there through the whole thing.this is why the guilt,feeling like i was hopeless.
feeling alone is getten a bit over but at first,the lonely world didn't seem right.now after his death im finnally getten to the real me all along.being his caretaker was very hard on me.

so im very sorry and hope life gets better in time for you.

luv horsey '

the one an only horsey !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: