Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:29:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Will the US bomb Iran?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will the US bomb Iran?  (Read 4949 times)
GeraldFord
« on: September 07, 2007, 01:34:29 AM »

I hope not...

But I wouldn't put anything past these guys...

Thoughts?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 01:35:14 AM »

No.
GeraldFord
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 01:53:37 AM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/02/wiran102.xml
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 02:04:13 AM »

Unlike basket case Iraq, Iran has the capacity to defend itself. Which is why our dickless leaders will not attack. It would also probably bankrupt this country (although we are well on the way already) which would make it nearly impossible for a republican to win 08.
GeraldFord
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 02:05:30 AM »

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/september2007/040907_cheney_orders.htm

SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 02:18:20 AM »

As far as I am concerned that has been going on for some time now anyway. The difference today is that America is not going to accept it. I really can't believe they could be so stupid (America, not Buscho.)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 03:01:44 AM »

As far as I am concerned that has been going on for some time now anyway. The difference today is that America is not going to accept it. I really can't believe they could be so stupid (America, not Buscho.)

Don't underestimate the powers of the Emperor hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 07:40:08 AM »

It's political pressure and an cold war I guess, lets hope for diplomatic solutions. peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 10:17:04 AM »

I could see a bombing attack, but never ground troops.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 11:41:10 AM »

If it comes down to it, we will deliver the assets to Israel to complete the mission. It will be sold to the public as an aid package. More people hate Israel than the US, so it is a win/win for both countries. Israel doesn't glow, and the US gets to surreptitiously kick Iran in the balls.

Then again, look at what has happened in N. Korea this week. Diplomacy does work.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 01:45:50 PM »

Iran has the capacity to defend itself.

with what?

''Crazy religious power'' is not a REAL weapon, you have the new street fighter game and real life confused

Iran would crumble in hours - and to be fair virtually any nation would do in the face of US firepower. They can put 10 Nimitz carriers in the Persian Gulf within a few weeks

Honestly, America has more jets than Iran has SAM's - by sheer force of numbers they could win, even without a coherant strategy. The US could quite easily hit over a thousand different targets simultaneously with aircraft alone, then their is cruise missles...

The only way they could fight back is with suicide bombers - and by then Iran would be under rug swept.

I have little doubt America could be in Tehran in 24 hours.

Horrah mayhem! God Bless a $600 million dollar military budget - take that African poor!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 08:27:09 PM »

with what?

''Crazy religious power'' is not a REAL weapon, you have the new street fighter game and real life confused

Iran would crumble in hours - and to be fair virtually any nation would do in the face of US firepower. They can put 10 Nimitz carriers in the Persian Gulf within a few weeks

Honestly, America has more jets than Iran has SAM's - by sheer force of numbers they could win, even without a coherant strategy. The US could quite easily hit over a thousand different targets simultaneously with aircraft alone, then their is cruise missles...

The only way they could fight back is with suicide bombers - and by then Iran would be under rug swept.

I have little doubt America could be in Tehran in 24 hours.

Horrah mayhem! God Bless a $600 million dollar military budget - take that African poor!

well Izzy beat me too it.... good job now i can go back to yelling at little kids

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 09:07:16 PM »

I'm sure Iran would crumble EXACTLY like Iraq did.  Roll Eyes
DevilHatesALoser
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 10:49:16 PM »

I'm sure Iran would crumble EXACTLY like Iraq did.? Roll Eyes

Let's get one thing straight, the American military has not tried to control Iraq.  We removed Sadam from power and have since only tried to defend the new government.  America could do the exact same thing to Iran if it wanted.  Iran wouldn't stand a chance against our airforce and naval guns.  The Iranian military would be devisated by our Army and Marines.  We would no doubt defeat their government.  Gaining the co-operation of civilians is a whole other issue.  The US Military could serve as a force to maintain order and discipline in a civilian population, but it's not anything anyone would want to see.  Using the military to effectively enforce the law should be the last resort of any society - human rights go out the window.  The US military is fighting with its hands tied behind its back in Iraq, don't believe any differently. 
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 12:27:19 AM »

I'm sure Iran would crumble EXACTLY like Iraq did.  Roll Eyes

Let's get one thing straight, the American military has not tried to control Iraq.  We removed Sadam from power and have since only tried to defend the new government.  America could do the exact same thing to Iran if it wanted.  Iran wouldn't stand a chance against our airforce and naval guns.  The Iranian military would be devisated by our Army and Marines.  We would no doubt defeat their government.  Gaining the co-operation of civilians is a whole other issue.  The US Military could serve as a force to maintain order and discipline in a civilian population, but it's not anything anyone would want to see.  Using the military to effectively enforce the law should be the last resort of any society - human rights go out the window.  The US military is fighting with its hands tied behind its back in Iraq, don't believe any differently. 

when you are the aggressor/invader, in order to not piss off the entire world, you kinda have to fight with your hands behind your back.  had Iraq attacked us first, it'd be no holds barred, anything goes war.  when the Japaneses bombed pearl harbor, pretty much anything was justified.  we didn't ask to be involved with WW2.

Vietnam and Iraq are two perfect examples of wars that you can't win b/c you can't have total all out war based on the simple fact that they are wars we shouldn't be fighting in the first place.

as for what we are doing in Iraq right now, i disagree.  from all accounts I've read, there really isn't a functioning government or army or police force.  The US is there to fill in for all three.  Aren't we told that if we leave now it'll turn into total chaos?  By all accounts the Iraq government/army isn't ready to step up, forcing our guys to stay and fight/die and our country to spend billions on a war we had no business starting in the first place.  Can anyone really argue that given all we know about Iraq?

you mention removing Sadamm from power - keep in mind that was not the reason we went to war - the objective was to eliminate the threat of WMDs.  There were none.  Removing Saddam and liberating Iraq became the primary reason after no WMDs were found.   I'm not being argumentative, that is simply the facts.  There are plenty of bad/naughty rulers in the world...

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 02:13:42 AM »

with what?

Iran has enough military strength to create chaos in the Straits of Hormuz, regardless of US air strikes. It wouldn?t take many sunken oil tankers to weak havoc on the fragile supply of petroleum. Iran is also a critical supplier of oil to the global markets. If that supply was shaken up, it could be a devastating blow to both American and world economies. They understand quite well that is our Achilles heel, and will make a mess out of  the oil tanker traffic, as they are in perfect position to do so.

Ahmadinejad is merely flexing his muscles anyway. What else do you expect the guy to do? It?s a consequence of our Nazi styled invasion of Iraq, we obviously represent a much bigger threat to them now. And just like Iraq, if we attack first, they are sitting on a win-win situation.

'Crazy religious power'' is not a REAL weapon, you have the new street fighter game and real life confused

You seem a little worked up, is this type of response really necessary?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 02:17:43 AM by Pharmo-Years » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 04:41:10 PM »

with what?

Iran has enough military strength to create chaos in the Straits of Hormuz, regardless of US air strikes. It wouldn?t take many sunken oil tankers to weak havoc on the fragile supply of petroleum. Iran is also a critical supplier of oil to the global markets. If that supply was shaken up, it could be a devastating blow to both American and world economies. They understand quite well that is our Achilles heel, and will make a mess out of? the oil tanker traffic, as they are in perfect position to do so.

again - your being naive. If America decides to go in, Iran will be crushed in hours - not days, not weeks, hours.

Causing havoc at sea? With what? They could field a fleet of Type 42 destroyers and be finished in 30 mins flat. America has simply thousands of available jets. Before an invasion they'd have 10 carrier groups on station - thats 700 jets working 24/7. Crazy religious power has little or no effect on F-22 Raptors

..and as for the oil

Iraq anyone?

They'd secured the oil with an acceptable disruption to the economy in no time at all (while leaving the civilians to die - opps)

You seem a little worked up, is this type of response really necessary?

Sorry, exasperated about the way people talk about US policy, things like truth and reality are lost in an ocean of spin.

In this case your appraisal of Iran's prehistoric army had me rattled.

Dear god, they couldnt field a single respected make of tank and you think they'd slow America down?

Why the hell do you think they are after nukes?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 04:46:24 PM »

again - your being naive. If America decides to go in, Iran will be crushed in hours - not days, not weeks, hours.

You are. The first thing they will attack is our economy.

ie, oil.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 04:49:19 PM by Pharmo-Years » Logged
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 09:47:00 AM »

If the US bomb Iran they're just as bad as these Islamic extremists.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
GeraldFord
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 10:00:57 AM »

I think the one thing that would be an incentive NOT to bomb Iran is the political fallout it would bring. I don't think the Bush administration can sell that to the American people with the war raging in Iraq with no end in sight. If Bush does bomb Iran, I don't think the GOP will have a chance in '08.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: