Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:39:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Will Traditional Christmas Still Exist In 25 years?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Traditional Christmas Still Exist In 25 years?  (Read 8616 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 08:10:12 PM »

Define traditional Christmas.

It used to be a celebration for the Sun. Then Jesus took over, and now we have Santa Claus (how the fuck did they spin that one originally? Jesus gets abandoned for an old, fat, materialist white dude.).

It's just a mirror of society. As long as that changes, Christmas will do too. Hell, for all we know Santa takes a heart attack and is replaced by JP Morgan. The kind industrialist.

I think I might take bets on that one.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 08:12:22 PM by polluxlm » Logged

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 09:47:39 PM »

Define traditional Christmas.

It used to be a celebration for the Sun. Then Jesus took over, and now we have Santa Claus (how the fuck did they spin that one originally? Jesus gets abandoned for an old, fat, materialist white dude.).

It's just a mirror of society. As long as that changes, Christmas will do too. Hell, for all we know Santa takes a heart attack and is replaced by JP Morgan. The kind industrialist.

I think I might take bets on that one.

Bingo-ish.

Christmas today is not what it was 250 years ago.  It's constantly changing.   

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 11:31:22 PM »

I mean like Christmas decorations, Tree with Angel on top, Christmas Eve putting cookies and milk out for Santa, Christmas Gifts, Families together...All the holidays and special events like Halloween are getting watered down every year because of Political Correctness and its a joke...

Christmas is traditionally a European thing and followed as Europeans settled elsewhere. A pagan festival.

It's the same with Halloween.

A lot of the old pagan traditions are christianisized or just practiced without people know why and what it means.

On the Yule-Eve (Julaften for Norwegians, Christmas-Eve for Americans) the gods came to the world from their spiritworld together with elves (which became christian angels) and so, the people made their homes as clean as possible, hanged gifts to them in the threes etc to make them feel welcome.

All the things like "Christmas (Yule) decorations, Tree with Angel (star) on top, Christmas Eve (Yule Eve) putting cookies and milk out for Santa (No, not him  Tongue ), Christmas Gifts, Families together" are originally pagan traditions with a mythological explanation, but now for most young people, it in only exist in a christian or modernised context.

So yes it's a joke. If I had it my way we'd burn all churces down on European soil. yes

He is Heimdallr, the white god or now better known as "Santa Claus". A very eliteist one Wink

Only the good children get presents from "Santa Claus" on Yule Eve.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 08:57:31 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 11:34:12 PM »

That's highly theoretical. hihi

SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 02:06:29 PM »

What would Jesus buy anyway?

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 02:29:44 PM »

No better gift than the gift of laughter.   yes

Too bad that gift is only legal in Amsterdam!  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 03:15:42 PM »

Of course it will.  Silly question.

-KK
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 05:16:01 PM »

fuck being PC some one doesn't like some thing they ought to shut the fuck up and deal with it like a normal person instead of suing some one or some thing because some how it pisses you off

I myself will always have a Christmas tree i will always say and type "Christmas" not X mas. and if affends some one, they can go fuck them selves. plain and simple

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 06:06:58 PM »

damn ill be 46 in 25 years.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 09:36:20 PM »

fuck being PC some one doesn't like some thing they ought to shut the fuck up and deal with it like a normal person instead of suing some one or some thing because some how it pisses you off

I myself will always have a Christmas tree i will always say and type "Christmas" not X mas. and if affends some one, they can go fuck them selves. plain and simple

peace
This is the way it should be...if everyone thought that way, everyone would be happy doing their own shit - and leave everyone else alone.  Don't worry about offending anyone...they can go f--k themselves anyway.   ok

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 09:59:43 PM »

I mean like Christmas decorations, Tree with Angel on top, Christmas Eve putting cookies and milk out for Santa, Christmas Gifts, Families together...All the holidays and special events like Halloween are getting watered down every year because of Political Correctness and its a joke...

Christmas is traditionally a European thing and followed as Europeans settled elsewhere. A pagan festival.

It's the same with Halloween.

A lot of the old pagan traditions are christianisized or just practiced without people know why and what it means.

On the Yule-Eve (Julaften for Norwegians, Christmas-Eve for Americans) the gods came to the world from their spiritworld together with elves (which became christian angels) and so, the people made their homes as clean as possible, hanged gifts to them in the threes etc to make them feel welcome.

All the things like "Christmas (Yule) decorations, Tree with Angel (star) on top, Christmas Eve (Yule Eve) putting cookies and milk out for Santa (No, not him  Tongue ), Christmas Gifts, Families together" are originally pagan traditions with a mythological explanation, but now for most young people, it in only exist in a christian or modernised context.

So yes it's a joke. If I had it my way we'd burn all churces down on European soil. yes

He is Heimdallr, the white god or now better known as "Santa Claus". A very eliteist one Wink

Haha, damn straight! Great post!

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 10:47:46 PM »

Christmas will always be jesus's birthday  Cheesy
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2008, 01:37:07 AM »

I always wondered how christians would deal with christmas if it somehow was discovered, as believed, that Jesus wasn't born on the 25th of December at all...

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2008, 01:43:29 AM »

I always wondered how christians would deal with christmas if it somehow was discovered, as believed, that Jesus wasn't born on the 25th of December at all...

The same way they deal with his death falling on different dates every year.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2008, 03:21:32 AM »

Jesus wasn't born the 25th..he is believed to have been born sometime in August or September..."Christmas" was originally celebrated on December 25th to coincide with the winter solstice of the Julian calendar...he was not actually born on December 25th...it is when the birth is recognized and celebrated...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2008, 03:35:34 AM »

Jesus wasn't born the 25th..he is believed to have been born sometime in August or September..."Christmas" was originally celebrated on December 25th to coincide with the winter solstice of the Julian calendar...he was not actually born on December 25th...it is when the birth is recognized and celebrated...

Yes, we know that's the truth of the matter. Still we have a billion Christians going around thinking it actually is his birthday, so I think we can assume what has happened is a deliberate attempt to misguide and decieve.

For those interested in the development of Christianity, do a search on "Arrius Calpurnius Piso".
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 03:37:58 AM by polluxlm » Logged

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2008, 04:52:49 AM »

Thats a gross generalisation of christians, or are they that bad in USA? hihi

The fact is this is about people too easy accomodate to whatever is politically correct for the time.

so I think we can assume what has happened is a deliberate attempt to misguide and decieve.

Well duh...and can you say witchfire? Tongue

It has always assimilated itself into it's host-culture, the ideology remains the same.
I think it has a very degenerate philosophy for humans.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 08:30:58 AM »

Stop your whining, I'll be 60  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
cineater
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2008, 02:53:07 PM »

Stop your whining, I'll be 60  hihi

I'll be dead

and Kohl's will still be trying to get my Christmas shopping.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Henson
Headliner

Need to see a revival tonight...

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2008, 07:59:12 PM »

It is quite clear that it isn't Jesus Christ's birthday.  The significance is in the symbolism, as in the solstice that someone else pointed out earlier.  Even the severely Orthodox recognize this as truth. Christmas is the birth of Light from Dark.
   You can trace the symbolism all the way back to the first recognized prophet Zoroaster, as he too had twelve disciples, a passion and a rebirth.  Or you can trace it through the Manicheans.
   Then, the Triple Conjunction Theory also alters basic testament belief of an exact time of the Christ's birth. As science, literature, and mythology all point to 7 b.c. as a more factual date.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: