Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 12:43:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Women and child support
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Women and child support  (Read 9239 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2009, 08:02:11 PM »

I think Alimony should be like Welfare. I do agree that women who sacrifice their career to raise the kids should be entitled to something BUT not until they get remarried. Maybe 5 years or long enough for them to go back to college and finish a degree or whatever, but they shouldn't be able to sit on their ass and collect thousands of dollars a month.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2009, 08:54:35 PM »

So many things said in this thread piss me off in all kinds of ways...only because I am one whom has known the struggle of trying to raise two kids alone when my exhusband decided he no longer wanted to be married or tied down..this when the kids were 3 and 1 Roll Eyes
Needless to say, when I got married, I married him because I loved him, not because he had his own growing business and he and his family came from wealth. Even though it hurt, I signed a prenup stating I wouldn't touch the business..etc..a bunch of other crap and you know what? I got nothing.Not that I wanted anything to begin with. All I asked for is fair child support to help raise the two boys we had, and half of any monies we grew together threw RRSP and such.He decided that it was unacceptable!He was the one who wanted out! I had to fight him him court for JUST that..what I ended up with I am gratefull for because we would not have been able to exsist without it. The boys are 17 and 14 now and even though the things they want and things they want to do cost more..at least $150 buck a week in groceries not mention clothing them...everything has escalated but the same amount of money has stayed the same..I have never asked for more even though I should have.
So because I chose the right path I and my sons have suffered aot of hardship. At one point when they were growing up, I was working 3 jobs! and even now, at this stage of the game I work 2 jobs. I have nothing. I own nothing. I also owe nothing. I have an apartment, a 2004 civic that I paid off myself and a bit in the emergency savings account but not much else. I work alot to make ends meet and never once has he offered to lighten my financial load. The difference is..he remarried.Owns a multi million dollar company. Owns a huge home about 5 blocks from me backing onto the golf course that he and his wife are members of when they aren't taking one of their many get away vacations because life is so stressful Roll Eyes, two brand new vehicles and a 66 Camero he built a special garage for. A 6 bedroom chalet up north by the ski club they belong to.Life is rough when they have to confer regularly with a Wealth Advisor/agent.They have never know hunger or the fear of having your electricty cut off or the phone disconnected till you can pay it. They have never had to do without the most basic of items so that the kids could eat another day.
Now are you going to sit back and say I didn't deserve child support? Should he have not had a moral obligation to contribute more to their wellbeing and upkeep? I never asked for the divorce. I never shirked my responsibilities to my children. As far as I am concerned women should demand more! fucking soak the bitch. I can say I would do the same if I could turn back time. I would have nailed his balls to the wall. I would have gotten a fancy high priced lawyer like his instead of court appointed legal aid..someone who cared about fighting the good fight instead of how much he was going to put in his wallet.
I am sure there are awful and unfair stories all around, that is just mine. Infact it angers me that someone without a care in the world or children I may add, starts a pointless thread to discuss something he has nothing to do with other then start controversy. Why start such a heated debate? what have you to get from it? knowledge? I somehow doubt that. EVERYONE knows divorce and the subsequent child support issue or alimony is a huge unsettled arguement..and that there is extenuating circumstances on both sides of the coin.Bottom line, you have kids with someone..you (man or woman) are responsible for helping to pay for the wellbeing of said child(ren)

journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2009, 09:28:43 PM »

You're right Lisa. There's no reason a man or woman shouldn't provide adequate child support. I think a person's overall income should determine the child support payments, etc...

Yes Journey, and I don't know if they had pre-nups or not...probably not.  I think it's silly they had to give their exes such large sums of money they earned well-before they got married. 

Why in the hell do the rich and famous get married without pre-nups???   Stupid, stupid, stupid. 

Marriage rates do seem to be trending down.  What can I say though, I looove being married.   love

I guess some skip the pre-nups because they don't want their marriage to seem like a business deal. I think a lot of people, even the jaded ones, still want the fairytale in the end.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 09:39:29 PM by journey » Logged
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2009, 12:13:15 AM »

I think anyone, man or woman, should protect themself/prevent if not wanting children but gonna have sex.

If you are gonna have children I just hope both have made long-term plans to secure the future of the child(s)-
-for diferent scenarios and outcomes, you can't trust no one but yourself.

While it seems very romantic and beautifull there is a big responsebillety, the economical and social aspects for example.

Also checking yourself and your blodline for diseases and conditions that can be inherited should be done. peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: