Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:48:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227890 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Wah Wah
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wah Wah  (Read 3645 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« on: August 24, 2004, 06:32:22 AM »

Hi,

Which wah wah pedal is better? The Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby or the Dunlop Crybaby 95Q?
I want a pedal that wah-wah's when i stomp on it and springs back up, not one that you have to rock your foot on... Am I making any sense? hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 09:11:19 AM »

Uh, in my vast experiance of crybaby's if you want different sounds you gotta rock ur foot, unless u mean auto-wah. If u do mean auto-wah then well u dont want a crybaby
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 12:47:39 PM »

ive never seen a crybaby that springs back up

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 06:37:14 PM »

If you want a good Wah pedal you don't really want a Dunlop.  You either want an old Vox, or a Geoffrey Teese pedal.
The RMC3 Custom is the most versatile, and as it happens, also the one Slash is using in the SCOM video (and presumably on the song, because that isn't how a Dunlop sounds).

Although if you want to sound about as good as Kirk Hammett a crybaby will do just fine.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
darkmonth
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 07:39:01 PM »

Sorry Miz, but my Wah with my Les Paul and Marshall sounds pretty much the same as Slash's on SCOM.
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 11:26:15 AM »

what's wrong with the dunlop 535q?

i love the damn thing, can get all the different wah sounds i want out of the damn thing (even though i have left it on my favourite setting for quite some time now).

i dont really give a damn what slash uses anyway, but i thought he uses a dunlop classic wah. I mean he endorses it on the dunlop site.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 01:34:41 AM »

Sorry Miz, but my Wah with my Les Paul and Marshall sounds pretty much the same as Slash's on SCOM.

Yeah i'm with you one that one 2. Although i dont have a marshall amp but when i use my friends when we jam i get my sound very close to it as well.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2004, 10:10:08 PM »

Well, maybe you've got a fasel inductor in your pedal?  Either way, my crybaby sucks through any amp i've played it through, including an 800 which is basically the same amp as a jubilee.

I don't ever use wah because it sounds so shit, the effect is cool, but the tone is horrible.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 12:54:21 AM »

get the 535 q

i've managed to get an awesome wah tone out of it. Not nasaly at all, sorta like mid sweepy(by that i mean boosting mids). i've basically set it so i have total control over the mids.........and its awesome with it.

with the 535 q you can change lots of stuff, i'd be surprised if you couldnt find a wah sound with good tone on it.

fasel inductor?.....whats that?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2004, 01:08:29 AM »

every wah pedal ive ever owned turned out to be a piece of fucking shit.

ive owned 3 dunlop crybabies and they all fucked up on me, ive gave up on wah pedals!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
darkmonth
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2004, 05:44:42 AM »

Well, maybe you've got a fasel inductor in your pedal?  Either way, my crybaby sucks through any amp i've played it through, including an 800 which is basically the same amp as a jubilee.

I don't ever use wah because it sounds so shit, the effect is cool, but the tone is horrible.

Well, it is partly down to how its used aswell ... I have nothing special in my Wah.  It's a bog standard one.  And it sounds awesome.  Each to their own anyway.

But don't generalise.  What one person likes, another hates.
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2004, 07:59:10 AM »

But don't generalise.? What one person likes, another hates.

Yeah, that's true.. It's always a neverending problem with finding cool sounds on the guitar, maybe that's why Slash baseically have stuck with the same type of guitars, effects, and amps in all the years, only with slight variasions?

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2004, 02:07:54 PM »

But don't generalise.? What one person likes, another hates.
Well, that's true...I've met people who think Kirk Hammett's tone is goodconfused

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2004, 08:39:10 AM »

What about the Vox V847 Reissue Wah Wah? Anybody used that?

Fuck 'Em All.
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2004, 09:01:46 AM »

But don't generalise.  What one person likes, another hates.
Well, that's true...I've met people who think Kirk Hammett's tone is goodconfused

you know its not the dunlop cry baby thats making it sound like that, its kurts fuckin use of it. all he does is either have foot full down.......or foot full up........thats why it gets that crappy full treble sound. the best thing about wahs are the inbetweens.

i dunno im done defending my dunlop 535 q lol........its just i dont hear kirk hammet style wahing in my wah at all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: