Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:20:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Madagascar
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Madagascar  (Read 104622 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #640 on: May 04, 2007, 09:30:38 AM »

sorry for the double post, but does anyone actually know what else was on the new disc with madagascar besides chinese democracy?

the blues i think.. but dude u don't have to double post.. u can just modify your last post instead ok

we didn't get nothing from a cd, it was abunch of mp3's emailed so we wouldn't know what's exactly on each cd. we got 6 songs probably from 2 cd's with 3 tracks each since there are 2 #1's, 2 #2's and 2 #3's.

there's chinese democracy, madagascar, the blues, twat, better and IRS. so, nothing new to all of us.
better and irs are basically what we've already heard on other leaks but better mixed. twat is a little different, not on the song structure but it has kick ass really heavy rhythm guitar on the "wrong time from me" part. don't know if this is the final version, or probably something sean beaven worked on while he was producing it. it also has a diferent intro, just about 10 seconds before the intro on the leaks.
maddy, you've heard it. the chinese democracy snippets will give you a good idea of how it sounds, heavy, kick ass song - -never thought i would love it so much. i gotta say that this the best produced song i ever listened to, it's just amazing how powerful this song is. congrats to Axl, he really did something all this time in studio.
the blues is like the 2006 version, no drums for the first verses. axl does the osaka scream at the "only memories" part. i hope it stays like this on the album, it's just perfect. excelent acoustic guitar all over the song right from the intro.
oh, i also noticed an acoustic guitar on this mix of "better", sweet! on the 2nd verse and the "nah nah nah's" at the end. i don't know if it's audible on the leaks.

i really hope they release cd quick, can't wait to hear the rest of it, and i just hope the whole world can listen to studio versions of CD and Blues, it's killer material.

S&P would rate this shit AAA+++!
Thanks for the info, dude. I got really excited about TWAT and, of course, CD and The Blues. But why nothing on IRS? Isn't the song more like the live versions?

BTW, I'm sure there's no acoustic guitar on the previous Better demos. Is it like following the rhythm guitars or is it more like another layer?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 09:35:46 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #641 on: May 04, 2007, 10:43:59 AM »

yes, there's no accoustig guitar on the previous Better demos. Cheesy
btw, please tell us something about Axl's voice? More like Inland Invasion (rasp voice) or Boston 2002?
He used a rasp voice in Madrid, singing There Was a Time and I loved it. I'm just a bit worried, if he doesn't use this voice in the final version.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #642 on: May 04, 2007, 01:16:53 PM »

I actually appreciate that more songs aren't leaked. Let's all hope for the album to arrive soon  ok

It'd be so much better to hear it if you haven't heard the demo of every single song before.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #643 on: May 04, 2007, 01:22:58 PM »

...Let's all hope for the album to arrive soon...

Ladies and gentlemen... the understatement of the decade. lol.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
carlossacanell
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #644 on: May 04, 2007, 02:11:33 PM »

have you heard chinese democracy leak??!! i don?t !! I have only heard maddy some weeks ago, has a new TWAT demo been leaked? and chinese democracy? and the blues? sorry for my unknowledge but i?ve been off these last weeks.
If there is something new i missed i?d like to hear ... thanx guys!
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #645 on: May 04, 2007, 02:31:51 PM »

Grabaraxl, is there something I'm missing here?  Exactly how are you privy to this material?
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #646 on: May 04, 2007, 03:51:47 PM »

I just got a PM on another forum saying that The Blues and Chinese Democracy leaked with links inside it.

Am I late on the news or is this a new development?

that's mighty interesting......whats the deal?

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #647 on: May 04, 2007, 04:24:08 PM »

No deal, probably nothing since the guy just said that and then went offline. Can't see anything in any other board.

Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #648 on: May 04, 2007, 07:34:41 PM »

...Let's all hope for the album to arrive soon...

Ladies and gentlemen... the understatement of the decade. lol.

Somebody had to say it.  hihi

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #649 on: May 06, 2007, 02:11:32 AM »

Axl still needs to change this demo to his RASP type voice, and speed it up like the RIO 2001 version.  I like the demo, but I KNOW it could be better.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #650 on: May 06, 2007, 04:45:48 AM »

Axl still needs to change this demo to his RASP type voice, and speed it up like the RIO 2001 version.  I like the demo, but I KNOW it could be better.

I don't know which demo you are listening too but I think he sings it mostly rasp, except some high parts. I like the combination, versatile.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #651 on: May 06, 2007, 08:12:27 PM »

I think the guitar work in this song is bar far the best out of the leaks.  It doesn't feel so forced.  It feels natural with feeling...like that from previous gnr albums. 

Especially during the "if we ever find it's true" part...it's panned on the right speaker.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #652 on: May 08, 2007, 08:58:16 AM »

I think the guitar work in this song is bar far the best out of the leaks.? It doesn't feel so forced.? It feels natural with feeling...like that from previous gnr albums.?

Especially during the "if we ever find it's true" part...it's panned on the right speaker.

I couldn't agree more. From the very first time I heard this version that's what stood out most to me was that 10 seconds or so.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: