Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:05:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227876 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Do you believe in god? Why?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you believe in god? Why?  (Read 28026 times)
GnRNightrain
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2004, 02:31:06 PM »

I love and believe in God.  Why? Because, he's my best friend.

I went to church for 14 years, from the time I was an infant until I was 14. My family and I stopped going for personal reasons. From going to church, I learned all the facts about Jesus, I knew the bible songs, and I memorized the prayer to recite, but I never felt close to God. I always thought that only the 'higher ups' could communicate with God on a one to one level.   But, as I got older life became more overwhelming and I needed emotional support and spiritual guidance. So, I started to pray and things began to change in me.  Great things have happened that I can't really explain. It's just something that everyone has to feel in order to understand.

A lot of people doubt God's existence, because of all the bad things that happen in the world, but like SLC said, we create our own misery and suffering. We're supposed to take care of one another, not hurt each other. It's like when you have children, you can't always be there with them wherever they are, you just have to hope that they make good decisions and treat others with respect. Because, God gave us all free will, so that we could learn to make our own decisions. That's the only way we can learn anything.

"I believe God loves the world through us. We are real carriers of His love. Especially in times like these when people are trying to make God 'was', it is you and I, by our love, by the purity of our lives, by our compassion, who prove to the world that God 'is'." - Mother Teresa

i just hope they see the light b4 its to late

I can't imagine God creating us and giving us the ability to question his/her existence. Then be upset with us because we choose not to believe in a higher power. But that is just my way of thinking anyway.

My father is not a religious man by any means. But he is the most gentle, kind caring man I have ever met. I can't imagine him going to 'hell' because he didn't believe in God.
I agree 100%.  I believe that everyone will have a chance to hear the gospel and accept or reject it after they die.  I think the most important thing is to live a good moral life.  Some religions (not to name any *cough* CATHOLIC *cough*) that believe that you have to believe in Jesus Christ before you die to be saved is absolutely absurd to me.  What about all of those that in Africa or other nations that havent had a chance to hear the gospel or hear about Jesus.  They are doomed because of where they were born?  If that is true, then is God is unjust.  That cant be the case, and I dont understand how people can believe that.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2004, 03:00:20 PM »

Yea. I mean to have somebody tell me that a Buddhist monk is going to hell because he doesn't believe in Jesus...give me a break.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 03:01:27 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
jaxljr
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2004, 04:54:13 PM »

Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ, who hath been manifested by the things which we have written.  -  Ether 2:12
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2004, 06:31:48 AM »

Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ, who hath been manifested by the things which we have written.  -  Ether 2:12

But what will God do to those who never heard of the death of his Son? Will he punish the deaf for not hearing?
- Denis Diderot.

confused

gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2005, 02:53:18 AM »

ill be honest, i have no clue. deep down i think none of us do, but it seems to be its unlikley there is a god based on how screwed up the world is. and always has been, for that matter. i have not ruled out the possiblity there is a god, but it seems to me that if there is a god the world should be in better shape than it is.

cluster fuck message board

http://fsentertainment.proboards37.com
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2005, 03:06:26 AM »

I believe there is a God.? Everybody seems to need a "something" in their life... for some people it's music, for others, it's a sport, or something else.  It's like we're designed so we need some higher purpose.  Unfortunately, if our higher purpose is man-based, or based on other people, it always fails because humanity ultimately always fails.  That perfection of love we all so desire will never be found in humanity.

As for why the world is so screwed up, as I see it, if He made us all inherently good, then we wouldn't need to choose good over evil.? There would be no evil.? ?He wants to be with souls who choose good over evil, not robots who just do exactly what He wants.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 03:08:21 AM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2005, 08:01:14 AM »

people's prespective of things. In you dont belive in one thats ok, no harm done. Everybody has an opinion if they belive in one or not. So my answer is, if you choose to belive, yes there is one.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2005, 01:17:21 PM »

I believe...I know... Smiley
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2005, 01:53:49 PM »

Yes God is real ,and his name is Lemmy.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2005, 02:10:46 PM »

God was made up to stop people going crazy when they know they're going to die, the idea of there being nothing after is kind of shit so if people think there is a God they will A) Go quietly & B) So they get into heaven follow The Bible or at least that was the plan, the reason less people attend church these days apart from the fact there's more lazy students (me included smoking ), is people are alot smarter and with all the scientific progressions and stuff things like the theory of evolution make much more sense than some God we've never seen.? As for people who 'think' they've seen 'him/her/it/wtf?' it's all in the mind i've seen people who think they've had an ecstasy pill or think the 'rolly' you gave them has weed in it people who have never done it before and are clueless, and all you've given them is a painkiller or a regular rolly but they act all fucked because they think they've taken a 'drug' and are expecting to get fucked it's the same with God people who believe in him enough and want to see him eventually will....doesn't mean he's really there.? As for God not stopping all the shit in the world, if there was one then i would not expect him to intefere it's up to us to do what we want and make the best of things, if he started off the human race fine but we're supposed to have freewill and learn for ourselves and that's what we've always done so say he did exist...which he doesn't....i would not want or expect him to stick his nose in....although if he does exist i would n't mind him popping down from Heaven just to say 'hi...i do exist' then at least all these 'does he doesn't he' debates would end.
MCT
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2005, 02:28:42 PM »

deep down i think none of us do

Deep down, some people believe and some don't. Others, like myself, take an agnostic stance on the issue due to a lack of empirical evidence either for or against God as a concept.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2005, 02:41:10 PM »

God is a faker.....
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2005, 02:43:12 PM »

God is a man made thing to help humans cope with the terrible thought of death.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 07:01:00 PM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2005, 04:18:55 PM »

god created the seas, the warmth of the sun, the beautiful trees and animal life.... and cancer and famine and war and hate...whoops a few major design issues there...back to the drawing board...dum de dum...but while god creates version XP lets just let model version win98 run its course...can i ask god for an upgrade? aw damn too bad, there no compatibility...enjoy it...we are living in model win98..free virii with every dodgy application

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2005, 04:31:59 PM »

I do believe that there is a God, I think there is too much good in the world for there not to be a God, but there is also too much bad in the world for there not to be a force of pure evil also. So, in my opinion there is a God, and also a satan. The one thing that annoys me is there is not a good system in which to worship him/her/it, I was raised a Catholic, but, in recent years I have had nothing but negative feelings towards the church, due to the sex scandals etc. And also the church refusing to change it's medievil teachings with regards to women's position in the church and also in society itself.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2005, 05:52:40 PM »

I was raised a Catholic, but, in recent years I have had nothing but negative feelings towards the church, due to the sex scandals etc. And also the church refusing to change it's medievil teachings with regards to women's position in the church and also in society itself.

I agree, but that is a flaw of man not God.

I can not, and will not accept that God will only accept praise and love through organized religion.

slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2005, 06:16:50 PM »

Not to sound anti- religious but i believe God is a pussy (yes i do watch too much south park) Grin
sorry if that insults u but if there was a God, he wouldn't let all the shit that happens in the world happen (September 11th, Tsunami...etc)
When people say everything that happens happens 4 a reason- thats bullshit. God shouldn't of let gnr split up, or Kurt Cobain kill himself. He could have stopped all that. Roll Eyes
Dont get me wrong, everyone has their own opinions- i believe there in Christ, but not in His Father. If that makes sense to you- fair play.
All my life i've heard all the stories bout Adam and Eve ecetra, and was made  believe in "Our Lord" was real and u must go to church and praise the Lord, but now i see its all bull crap.
Dont bash me, and i hope i haven't offended anyone. ok

What's so civil about war anyway?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2005, 06:37:51 PM »

God shouldn't of let gnr split up, or Kurt Cobain kill himself. He could have stopped all that. Roll Eyes
And how would he of stopped GN'R splitting up...threatened them with death? Made them like each other, should he of popped down from heaven and taken Kurt Cobain's gun off him.  Fuck what makes GN'R & Cobain so special, should God stop all break-ups...marriages etc. and stop all suicides, the world might be a happy place but what makes life so special is freewill so whether God exists or not we should be free to do what we want...within reason but if we do stuff we should not it is up to us to stop ourselves e.g. Police, Government.  Anyway going with the whole freewill not interfering mysterious dude thing God has going on (if he is real that is) he can't stop stuff like September 11th it's not his job he supposedly gave us life so it's upto us to stop stuff like this.
GnRNightrain
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2005, 06:52:06 PM »

I was raised a Catholic, but, in recent years I have had nothing but negative feelings towards the church, due to the sex scandals etc. And also the church refusing to change it's medievil teachings with regards to women's position in the church and also in society itself.

I agree, but that is a flaw of man not God.

I can not, and will not accept that God will only accept praise and love through organized religion.

We definately agree on this SLC.? Another thing that pisses me off is when certain Christians claim that one cannot if they are not Christian, regardless if they have had exposure to the religion or not.? If that were the case God would be unjust.? To me, such a view point is almost as radical as some of tghe views that we accuse muslim extremists of having.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 08:54:42 PM by GnRNightrain » Logged
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2005, 09:29:24 PM »

bump

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: