Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 10:28:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  VAST
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VAST  (Read 1476 times)
The Dog
Legend

« on: October 24, 2006, 04:56:40 PM »

Anyone ever hear of this band?  Their first disc is sooooo good.  Average releases after that, but I love the sound of the first CD.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
T_Roxie
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 04:59:11 PM »

Never heard of them.  What do they sound like?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 05:02:46 PM »

Funny story, they came and played a small club in Oklahoma where I used to live when their first CD came out.  I think they had that single "Free" or something out.  I absolutely hated them musically, but after they show they stuck around and hung out for a while after everyone left and they bought me and the girl I was with a couple drinks and we got to hang with them for about 2 hours.  They were really cool dudes.  This was the year 2000, don't think I've heard anything else about them since. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 05:19:23 PM »

Never heard of them.  What do they sound like?

Hard to describe...here is a review from launch.com

On the debut album by VAST, titled Visual Audio Sensory Theater, the listener is introduced to the many talents of one Jon Crosby. With it's roots in Nine Inch Nails-like soundscapes and reminiscent of Type O Negative's mellower moments, the ingredient that sets VAST apart from it's contemporaries is Crosby's experimentation with samples not yet touched upon in rock music. Some of the material sampled on the debut includes the Bulgarian Female Choir and the Benedictine Monks of the Abbey of Saint-Mauer, Cleraux, plus the use of an actual 18-piece orchestra, to boot. The album is an intimidating listen the first time, but the rich textures created are quite impressive, with standout tracks being "Here," "Touched," and "Temptation." Lars Ulrich of Metallica has praised the album as 'one of the best debut albums I've heard in a long, long time, ' and lovers of ambient electro-rock will undoubtedly agree upon hearing Visual Audio Sensory Theater. ~ Greg Prato, All Music Guide

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: