Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:40:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  buying equipment off ebay
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: buying equipment off ebay  (Read 2214 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: March 06, 2005, 11:15:33 PM »

i saw some kick ass distortion and wah pedals on ebay for cheap

im afraid of buying a tore up piece of shit though

has anyone bought off ebay before and would u recommend it?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 12:30:33 AM »

i bought my guitar off ebay for $650 AUS (i dunno around $400 US or something).

best guitar i own and is easily my favourite guitar i've played. maybe i just got lucky because the guy selling it really was sincere (he said it was a really really good guitar, he was selling a lot of his gear cuz hes old and doesnt need them anymore, his gear should be used for performing not sitting doing nothing - sounded like a good plug) but he was right the guitar really was good.

thats probably the most expensive thing i'd buy off ebay. some people buy $2000 amps off ebay which i think is ridiculous its too much of a risk.

if you're buying something cheap like a distortion pedal well thats ok, if u do indeed end up getting ripped off atleast it isnt a tonne of money.

but there's a whole ebay tribunal sorta thing so if there is a dispute about the condition of the product it goes there whole legal mumbo jumbo.

good luck with it ok
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 12:45:39 AM »

I buy and sell stuff on Ebay all the time. When buying just check the sellers history. How many items have they sold? Do they have any negative feedback? How does the item look in the pics? My advice is to buy from sellers with a good reputation and no negative feedback. You can save some money on gear for sure!
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 01:51:01 AM »

same. I've bought a 99 mockingbird off of ebay, was in great condition, and also my jcm800 which was in great condition to. Granted it is 19 years old. It works great. But like me, if you by something for less then it usually goes for, expect to put in some extra cash. My JCM works great, but I expected to put about 200.00 extra bones in it.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 11:07:09 AM »

check the seller's history, ask a question or two before you bid and see how he responds.

And how quickly they respond.  If they get right back to you, then they probably pay attention to their auctions.  If they take a few days to respond, I probably won't bid on their items.  And if they never respond or are a smart ass ...  nervous

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 03:09:41 PM »

half my gear is from eBay also. If you know what you are doing, it would be stupid not to.

Boss pedals almost never break...? & I would most likely never buy another one new again.? Grin same with a lot of other retail stuff.

I got my 1977 Gibson Custom Les Paul from eBay? nervous? yes without playing.......? under the cirumstances I couldnt pass it up.  be careful on guitars... whole other ballgame

for an amp, you really need to read up on the in's and out's of what goes wrong with that model!! this is tricky

-------

as far as geting ripped off, Get yourself a PayPal account in which eBay now owns part or is part of. They will back you up on stuff.? I got ripped off for $200 on a 2x12 guitar cabinett -? PayPal paid me back the $200. This was the only time I got ripped ever on there & I got paid back

/bp
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 03:13:56 PM by BP » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: