Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:19:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  jarmo's lame allegiance to axl and mgmt
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: jarmo's lame allegiance to axl and mgmt  (Read 29866 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2006, 01:51:56 AM »

Some of you need to get a fucking clue, and fast!

Did we remove the posts with the old pics of Buckethead because I wanted to be friends with Herbie? I don't even have to answer that because some of you probably think "oh yes you did! I know you did!".

Obviously you're not going to pay attention to what I say because it doesn't make any sense to you. You've already got your "theories" on why I do things or why I have this site in the first place. ?Roll Eyes

Anybody who wants the site to be shutdown just so that we can act "tough" by not respecting the wishes of band/management can leave right now. That's insulting to everybody who keeps this place running and to all the people who actually enjoy having a working site/board.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 05:09:14 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Elrothiel
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2006, 02:04:08 AM »

Hear hear!!! You tell 'em Jarmo! ok
conny
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2006, 10:40:11 AM »

Respect towards the artists is one thing.

Disrespect towards (other) fans is another.

That 'no link' policy is the biggest and most naive piece of shit ever because for any true fan, the MUSIC always comes first. And don't tell me such 'leaks' hurt the bands feelings or are a direpepect towards them. If they would not want anyone to hear it, they would have not pressed it onto a fucken CD for fucks sake. Where do you think these tracks come from - out of the mixing console, secretly taken away from the band? BULLSHIT!!! All 'leaks' are coming from the band themselves or the mangement, and everyone knows that.

It's called marketing, some people just don't get it. The less links circulate, the 'hotter' the demos are, the more the people are talking about them. That's free promotion for the band in return for one and a half mediocre outtakes from an upcoming killer album.

In six weeks, no one will give a fuck about these one and a half songs.

So just RELAX and take it easy everyone.

And some people maybe should think about the meaning of the term FAN COMMUNITY[/u]
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2006, 11:12:59 AM »

You're free to think whatever you want about this site or my motives.

I'm just making sure that the people who might be interested in knowing the truth, have a chance of actually reading what I think, instead of having to read pages and pages of posts about me and my "motives" by people who think they know me...

A lot of people in this thread obviously are totally clueless about the subject. But I guess it's "cool" to come up with theories that are supposed to be insulting.? Roll Eyes

Edit: It's always the same. Either I'm moderating because I love the power or if I do something like remove links to downloads it's because I want to be Axl's best friend.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 11:26:37 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
conny
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2006, 11:22:51 AM »

Jarmo, I think some people are just very pissed because they come to your site for years and now have to beg and please newbiews for a link to the new material.

You are not resonsible for that, and your site sure is not the 'GNR links to downloads store' - but I'm sure you can understand the frustration of the people, can't you?

No need to take it to the heart, but if you don't want to be misunderstood, then make yourself as clear as possible or else you gotta live with the reactions - they may not be going into the right direction, but they are coming for a reason.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 11:27:07 AM by conny » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2006, 11:37:02 AM »

We clearly stated that we don't allow links to downloads because we were asked to remove them.

We respect that wish from the band's management. Now people are whining about why we respect that wish and the motives I might have.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

conny
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2006, 11:41:59 AM »

How about respecting the fans' wishes?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2006, 11:58:16 AM »

Who should respect the fans' wishes?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 11:59:57 AM by jarmo » Logged

conny
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2006, 12:11:01 PM »

Who should respect the fans' wishes?

/jarmo

Whoever these wishes may concern.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2006, 12:21:49 PM »

Ok.... Thanks for the clarification.

/jarmo

conny
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2006, 12:49:21 PM »

Yeah, clarification rules...  Roll Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2006, 12:58:12 PM »

You tell me.

I'm not gonna start guessing what you meant. You're the one telling me to be as clear as possible and then you're expecting me to guess who you're talking about.....  Roll Eyes

So, please, if you don't mind, tell me who should respect the fans' wishes?

/jarmo

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2006, 04:25:01 PM »

I don't know why so many people (most of them new members) keep arguing with Jarmo over his policies. It's stupid. Just respect him and his decisions.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2006, 04:35:29 PM »

for as long as i have known jarmo, he has just about always showed respect to others no matter who they are...from my own observations he is consistent, reliable and law abiding...anyone who thinks otherwise has a "lame allegiance" to their own brain

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
conny
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2006, 05:03:33 PM »

Jarmo, Axl himself played the songs to a bunch of whores in a strip club, to some 'in crowd' at a NYC night club, to Mike Piazza...but we - HIS TRUEST AND MOST LOYAL FANS IN THE WORLD - are not allowed to hear, share and discuss even one and a half demos because the management asks us to "respect their wishes" when it was actually Axl himself leaking the songs because he WANTS them out there to get buzz, hype and a recation?

I'm sorry, but from an emotional point of view, this has nothing to do with respect anymore, this is just insane!

I bet you money that band and management are reading the boards to see what the fans think about the material. But that doesn't matter. The point is, that of course the management says they don't want it out there, what else could they say? The truth is they don't say that bullshit to protect Axl's work and feelings, but because the record company wants to hear exactly that from the mangement.

With that in mind, you can now guess what kind of impression "respecting the management wishes" leaves on the fan who comes online to a FAN board for the latest news, gossip and - yes - eventually the latest leaks from his fav band.

I'm not saying who is right or wrong, just sharing my opinion wich could be wrong also. But you know, sometimes I'd just love to see a bit more of Jarmo the fan, and a little less of Jarmo the admin. It would not hurt.

To not post private addresses and pics of Buckethead unmasked is one thing (that I totally support), but to not share and eventually not even discuss the MUSIC on a FAN BOARD is another. I'd understand the file sharing policy if it was official stuff you could buy in stores, but these songs are a) demos, b) won't even be on the album and were c) intentionally leaked by the band. Even if only one of these points is true, there is absolutely no reason to not share them because they would not be out there if someone in the band camp would not have burned them onto a CD to see what happens.

I'm not exactly criticising you, I'm just pissed about how the fans are treated. And by supporting the management, you are more or less directly supporting that kind of treatment. I'm not one of those who expect a personal 'thank you' letter from Axl along with my copy of CD. But after YEARS of that no comment no communication bullshit from the mangement, enough is enough. The situation is a joke and you know it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 05:11:29 PM by conny » Logged
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2006, 05:08:47 PM »

Strippers aren't whores, they are beautiful women.

It's horrible that we live in a world where it's okay to call women bitches, sluts, whores and cunts. It needs to end.

Conny, you're a woman, and you call your own kind that. It's bad enough that men do it but when women do it, there is just no excuse.
conny
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2006, 05:18:44 PM »

It's horrible that we live in a world where it's okay to call women bitches, sluts, whores and cunts. It needs to end.

Conny, you're a woman, and you call your own kind that. It's bad enough that men do it but when women do it, there is just no excuse.

I am male and you have obviously never been to a strip club.
However, I did not mean to hurt your or anyone else's feelings.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2006, 05:26:42 PM »

Axl owns the songs.
It's up to HIM where they're heard.
His property rights.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
conny
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2006, 05:29:01 PM »

Axl owns the songs.
It's up to HIM where they're heard.
His property rights.

Splash

/Mike

The key word in my post was 'emotional'....  Wink
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2006, 05:29:14 PM »

I am male and you have obviously never been to a strip club.
However, I did not mean to hurt your or anyone else's feelings.

Oh I apologize. I thought since your username was conny that you were a female. I apologize.

And no, I never have been to a strip club but that's cause I'm only 20. ?hihi
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: