Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:20:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Why the HTGTH board isn't 100% dedicated to GN'R ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why the HTGTH board isn't 100% dedicated to GN'R ?  (Read 34285 times)
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« on: March 15, 2007, 11:51:08 AM »

I'm sorry to say this, I know I'll be flamed, but maybe the HTGTH team should get rid of the VR section.

Put those topics in Ex-Gunners, where people that are willing to discuss Slash, Duff and Matt present activities can go.

Since a lot of people are willing to move on and take the band for what it is (GN'R), maybe it's time for this board to be 100% dedicated to GN'R, the one that's alive out there.

I mean, you don't have to answer this (Jarmo or the crew), but why not having a site a 100% dedicated to Guns ?

What will happen when CD's released (and it's close) ? Those eternal VR Vs GN'R things will never stop. And I mean there's tons of VR boards out there, where the fans can go and discuss. Why having one here ?

I'm just trying to understand why a section that causes so much fights is still there.

I'm not saying that talking about the ex-guys should be forbidden, not at all. But since they are in a complete different band, why having a section dedicated to that ?

Isn't this supposed to be all about GN'R ? From 1986 till nowadays ? But only about GN'R ?

I mean, I understand why there's an Ex-Gunners section, and the VR talk should be there. Plus there's plenty of people registered here that are also on www.velvetrevolverforum.com and they're not saying nice things about Axl. (basically -> Axl's a cunt, etc.).

Why give this band a plateform here ?

Jarmo, if you read this ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 12:15:17 PM »

I felt bad that nobody thought this was worth replying to.

Better luck next time.   ok

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 12:47:14 PM »

i think i agree with NR here, and in the vr section there isn't just vr theres about loaded and neurotic outsiders too, so it's kinda like a ex-gunners section anyway, so if it's possible just merge 'em or something maybe
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 12:50:36 PM »

I'm sorry to say this, I know I'll be flamed, but maybe the HTGTH team should get rid of the VR section.

Put those topics in Ex-Gunners, where people that are willing to discuss Slash, Duff and Matt present activities can go.

Since a lot of people are willing to move on and take the band for what it is (GN'R), maybe it's time for this board to be 100% dedicated to GN'R, the one that's alive out there.

I mean, you don't have to answer this (Jarmo or the crew), but why not having a site a 100% dedicated to Guns ?

What will happen when CD's released (and it's close) ? Those eternal VR Vs GN'R things will never stop. And I mean there's tons of VR boards out there, where the fans can go and discuss. Why having one here ?

I'm just trying to understand why a section that causes so much fights is still there.

I'm not saying that talking about the ex-guys should be forbidden, not at all. But since they are in a complete different band, why having a section dedicated to that ?

Isn't this supposed to be all about GN'R ? From 1986 till nowadays ? But only about GN'R ?

I mean, I understand why there's an Ex-Gunners section, and the VR talk should be there. Plus there's plenty of people registered here that are also on www.velvetrevolverforum.com and they're not saying nice things about Axl. (basically -> Axl's a cunt, etc.).

Why give this band a plateform here ?

Jarmo, if you read this ?

Sorry to say this but what a stupid post, first you say Jarmo should abolish the VR section and than you say they should be discussed in the ex-gunner section?, what's difference between discussing it there or in the VR section?....exactly there isn't and another thing what do you think abolishing the VR section will solve?...

(basically -> Axl's a cunt, etc.).

Really? than you must visit a totally different forum than me
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 12:54:52 PM by Grouse » Logged
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 10:42:20 PM »

I like it the way it is.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 12:20:04 AM »

What I don't like about it is that if we have a VR section, why don't we also have an Izzy Stradlin section, an Adlers AFD section, a Rockstar Supernova section, a buckethead section, etc etc. 

I agree with most of what the original poster is saying, and think all ex-gunner activities wuld be better off in one section.  it would make one stronger ex-gunners section, and it wouldn't be showing favoritism to a band whose members have been disrespectful cunts to Axl and the band.

plus i think a VR section is inviting to Slash trolls.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 04:43:22 AM »

Sorry to say this but what a stupid post

No problem Wink

first you say Jarmo should abolish the VR section and than you say they should be discussed in the ex-gunner section?, what's difference between discussing it there or in the VR section?...

Hmm ... Because we're on a Guns N' Roses board ?

Really? than you must visit a totally different forum than me

I don't think so.

There you go.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 04:46:19 AM by NicoRourke » Logged

Long live GN'R.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 05:01:21 AM »

coming from tomass74... big surprise.  Roll Eyes
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 05:23:24 AM »

I think there's a reason why his name is tomass

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 08:58:22 AM »

some of us clearly have a mixed idea what the VR section is for...but whatever i'm not tell Jarmo how to run his board...i mean it is already located in the wasnt yesterday great section..and VR is by far the biggest thing to come out of ex members...and alot people here still like Slash and Duff alot...

I dunno i can see pros and cons of both sides of the argument, but its Jarmos call....who t he fuck are we to tell him how to run the board

Ideally it would be cool to leave slash/duff/matt outta the GnR section and leave axl outta the VR section....but thats jsut wishful thinking hihi

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 09:09:09 AM »

^ I fully agree with what you say !

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to tell Jarmo how to do his work Wink I'd just like to understand why things are the way they are Tongue

Long live GN'R.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 09:12:45 AM »

^ I fully agree with what you say !

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to tell Jarmo how to do his work Wink I'd just like to understand why things are the way they are Tongue

haha my post wasnt meant to be hostile...i totally hear what you are saying..but i also agree with Grouse too hihi

its a complicated emotion...almost like being a GnR fan....alot of gray and virtually no black and white. hihi I mean VR news is no longer reported on the main site...that says alot peace

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 09:29:34 AM »

first you say Jarmo should abolish the VR section and than you say they should be discussed in the ex-gunner section?, what's difference between discussing it there or in the VR section?....exactly there isn't

I think you're wrong. Moving the VR stuff under Ex-gunners would state a message, and direct pure VR-fans (like tomass) to other message boards.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 10:15:49 AM »

Sorry to say this but what a stupid post
first you say Jarmo should abolish the VR section and than you say they should be discussed in the ex-gunner section?, what's difference between discussing it there or in the VR section?...

Hmm ... Because we're on a Guns N' Roses board ?

Still not getting what good it would do, I think we'll just have to disagree on that

There you go.

One comment out of 1000's made on a board, would hardly say that's all that's being done over there...

first you say Jarmo should abolish the VR section and than you say they should be discussed in the ex-gunner section?, what's difference between discussing it there or in the VR section?....exactly there isn't

I think you're wrong. Moving the VR stuff under Ex-gunners would state a message, and direct pure VR-fans (like tomass) to other message boards.

I couldn't disagree more, imo it would just turn the ex-gunners section into another VR section since it would be dominated by VR news and you would also give the trolls one more reason to continue to troll this board because they would feel Jarmo is up to his old "nazi" tricks again...

Personally I think that things are fine the way they are because no matter how hard you'll try you'll never be able to stop the gnr/vr debates with or withouth a VR section...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 03:41:48 PM »

that would be grand
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 08:13:29 PM »

fuck you, you dumb shit, if u don't like the vr section dont go there.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 08:29:14 PM »

great mature insult  Roll Eyes
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 08:51:21 PM »

Dude, just because he expresses his opinion and makes a logical, and pretty valid point, doesn't man you have to be rude about it and start spurting out insults.
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2007, 05:03:03 PM »

What I don't like about it is that if we have a VR section, why don't we also have an Izzy Stradlin section, an Adlers AFD section, a Rockstar Supernova section, a buckethead section, etc etc.?

I agree with most of what the original poster is saying, and think all ex-gunner activities wuld be better off in one section.? it would make one stronger ex-gunners section, and it wouldn't be showing favoritism to a band whose members have been disrespectful cunts to Axl and the band.

plus i think a VR section is inviting to Slash trolls.

well G'N'R is a band and VR is band so they should both have different sections, the only reason u don't want a VR section is because u hate Slash and love Robin Finck Wink hihi

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2007, 06:07:07 PM »

To me it's obvious why VR isn't merged with the other ex-gunners... it's because VR is much more successful and actually has a chance in the mainstream. Adlers Appetite doesn't  hihi. Even Buckethead isn't very well known.

As for why VR is even on the board in the first place... who knows. The Velvet Revolver board has a GNR section.. for old and new GNR. So.. who cares?

I don't see it as a big deal really.

gnrevolution.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: