Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:12:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  ok, I've gotta' ask....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ok, I've gotta' ask....  (Read 36595 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2007, 07:03:55 AM »

It's all about the fact that I'm not interested in causing confusion and getting people's hopes up.

Unlike Steven Adler.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2007, 07:07:09 AM »

This talk does dis the current band because it totally ignores the fact that they are Guns N' Roses, the fact that this band have just toured, the fact that this band will soon be putting out a CD.........

How would you like to be a part of the new GN'R lineup, you are riding the momentum and high of touring, you are excited about the new album when suddenly, someone totally ignores you and says that Gun N Roses are having a reunion? Someone has used your band's name to get attention......someone mentions that your lead singer may also be there......

As a performer, I would find that to be a kick in the guts.......and believe me, performers are some of the most insecure people around......

People who still expect the old lineup to reform are not supporting the current band. You want the new CD out? Well, start living in the present.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2007, 07:37:58 AM »

People who still expect the old lineup to reform are not supporting the current band. You want the new CD out? Well, start living in the present.

precisely the point.  right on.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2007, 07:50:45 AM »

There you go again trying to label what kind of fan I am. You said I wasn't supportive and I proved I was, so now you've moved the goalposts again and I'm now 'one of those' who uses the fact that I support the band as a free pass to bash the band. What kind of logic's that? I've forked god knows how much on GNR just so I can jutify bashing the band? hihi Ok.

That's exactly what your kind does. You use the excuse that since you spent money on the band, you're a real fan and you're allowed to bash them.

It's like, if you hadn't spent that money on tickets etc., then you seem to think that one shouldn't be allowed to bash the band because obviously they're not a fan.

I'm sorry, where have I ever claimed if you don't go see the band etc you are not a real fan? Have you got any evidence for such a ridiculous claim? Everyone who visits these sites is a diehard GNR fan, they will always be my favourite band, I didn't go see them live last summer so I could justify bashing them, read my review of the show if you want, not that I expect you will, I wouldn't expect you to let facts and evidence get in the way of your judgemental ramblings.

Do you care to define what you mean by 'my kind'? I'm sure there are big GNR fans out there who have never seen the band live, hopefully they will get the chance one day. Quite how you can hold that against me I'm not sure and there you go yet again making out people you don't know are better fans than others, what's your criteria for the jarmo good fans list? How many superlatives someone can post in the Axls clothes thread? The number of 'Awesome's!!!' someone can post in an update thread before the show has started? I guess if that makes someone a better more supportive fan than my kind I can live with that.

Well let's see.

Somebody who knows who's in the band and has no problem with that.

Somebody who believes in the band.

Somebody who isn't out to make the band's fans look bad because they happen to be positive.

Somebody who knows there's people out there who know what's going on and when they speak, they have respect for that instead of bashing them and calling them liars.

Somebody who understands the word "tentative".

Somebody who's positive.

Somebody who's got the guts to stand for his/her opinion and doesn't worry if the "cool kids" thinks he/she is a "blind worshiper/ass kisser/idiot" for linking GN'R.

I guess that describes the kind of fans we want posting here.

I'm well aware of who's in GNR in 2007 and accept that with no queries, the guys in the band are extrememly talented.

I believe the band is one of the best live bands around today, and believe they are sitting on some truly amazing music.

I don't think I've ever attempted to make fellow fans look bad for being positive.

I don't think I've ever called an 'insider' a liar.

I know what the word tentative means.

I'm positive when there is something to be positive about? Interesting that you say 'someone who's positive' does that mean this is a site for positive people only? If that's the case you should really put a sign up or something, you could put it right next to the one that says 'This site is for the new GNR only'.

I respect anyone who stands up for his/her opinion, but I will question them if I disagree with that opinon whether it's positive or negative, it's what starts discussion, which is what I thought fan messageboards were for.

Again you seem determined you prove that being a GNR fan and being objective can't go hand in hand, why is sugar coating everything such a necessitiy to being your kind of GNR fan?

I'm sorry how does "I call things as I see them, if a situation sucks I'll say so." equate to bias? I should also have said if a situation's great I'll say so to even things up should I? You sound like a bad lawyer ?hihi

Judging by what people post, they're more than happy to "call things the way they see them" based on only one side of the story. When the other side becomes available, people are there yelling "LIAR!".

/jarmo

So now the facts are important to you? The way you were telling me what kind of fan and person I was, gave the impression you thought facts were an irrelevance. Voicing an opinion based on the facts available is all anyone can do, if at a later time my opinions/thoughts have been proved to be wrong I am happy to admit so, not yell "LIAR" at the source of the info.

Are you plucking this from the stars?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2007, 08:01:08 AM »

I'm sorry, where have I ever claimed if you don't go see the band etc you are not a real fan? Have you got any evidence for such a ridiculous claim? Everyone who visits these sites is a diehard GNR fan, they will always be my favourite band, I didn't go see them live last summer so I could justify bashing them, read my review of the show if you want, not that I expect you will, I wouldn't expect you to let facts and evidence get in the way of your judgemental ramblings.

Please.

You're not the only one defending yourself with the old "I bought tickets to a show so I'm a fan" phrase.

People have been thrown out from shows. They bought tickets too. It doesn't mean they're the kind of fans we want posting here.

Again you seem determined you prove that being a GNR fan and being objective can't go hand in hand, why is sugar coating everything such a necessitiy to being your kind of GNR fan?

And what exactly makes you objective?

How can you be objective when you don't know the full story in many cases?

None of us do.

But yet you're objective.....

So now the facts are important to you? The way you were telling me what kind of fan and person I was, gave the impression you thought facts were an irrelevance. Voicing an opinion based on the facts available is all anyone can do, if at a later time my opinions/thoughts have been proved to be wrong I am happy to admit so, not yell "LIAR" at the source of the info.

Let me ask you this: Is it important to you to be seen as "objective" in the eyes of others so they won't ridicule you for being a blind worshiper?

Would it be a bad thing to say "hey, I believe the band are doing everything they can to get the record out and it doesn't really bother me if it takes a while"?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2007, 09:10:27 AM »

Please.

You're not the only one defending yourself with the old "I bought tickets to a show so I'm a fan" phrase.

People have been thrown out from shows. They bought tickets too. It doesn't mean they're the kind of fans we want posting here.

That's ridiculous, what are you suggesting people shouldn't buy tickets to see GNR so they can take the moral high ground with you when you pretend you know them? It sounds like your holding it against people for going to see their favourite band.

And what exactly makes you objective?

How can you be objective when you don't know the full story in many cases?

None of us do.

But yet you're objective.....

How can someone be completely positive or negative if none of us know the facts either? Nothing would get said, these forums would have died if everyone had waited for the full facts before posting anything. When something is good I will say so, when I don't like something I will say so, I didn't realise honesty was frowned upon here.

Let me ask you this: Is it important to you to be seen as "objective" in the eyes of others so they won't ridicule you for being a blind worshiper?

Would it be a bad thing to say "hey, I believe the band are doing everything they can to get the record out and it doesn't really bother me if it takes a while"?

/jarmo

I don't care what other people think of my opinions, if they agree with me great if they don't fine, being part of a forum isn't just about agreeing with everyone, for decent discussions to be had there must be a conflict of opinion but whilst it remains respectful it's just as enjoyable to debate your opinon with someone as it is to agree about it. I have never altered the way I think about GNR to avoid ridicule from others, 'blind worship' isn't my style, for GNR or anything else, I was like that from day one I signed up here, because that's how I am.

No I couldn't say "hey, I believe the band are doing everything they can to get the record out and it doesn't really bother me if it takes a while"? Becasue I would be lieing. I think the band are doing what they can to get the record out, but I can't pretend I enjoy the wait, why would I? I'm not going to say waiting 14 years between GNR albums is cool, just because it tows the party line, as a fan of GNR I look forward to hearing new music from them, I can't pretend not getting new music isn't dissapointing.

Like estrangedpaul said this has been dragged way off topic, this thread isn't "ok, I've gottta' ask.......What kind of fan is A Private Eye?" The original point was that nobody involved in this show occuring on the 28th have billed this or promoted it as a GNR reunion, not the performers, not the promoters, nobody. The media and media alone have called this a GNR reunion, something out of the control of Steven or anyone else. This news is relevant to 95% of the people who visit these boards, why censor them discussing the show because of the medias ignorance.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2007, 09:35:04 AM »

It's all about the fact that I'm not interested in causing confusion and getting people's hopes up.

Unlike Steven Adler.

/jarmo

With all due respect, I'm sure Steven Adler knows about more about his own gig than you do.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2007, 09:36:39 AM »

Unlike Steven Adler.

/jarmo

With all due respect, I'm sure Steven Adler knows about more about his own gig than you do.

You do know that Adler's brain is a little addled, don't you!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2007, 09:44:20 AM »

That's ridiculous, what are you suggesting people shouldn't buy tickets to see GNR so they can take the moral high ground with you when you pretend you know them? It sounds like your holding it against people for going to see their favourite band.

No, I'm saying, just because you buy a fucking ticket doesn't mean you're the kind of fan we want on this board. Is that clear enough?

How can someone be completely positive or negative if none of us know the facts either? Nothing would get said, these forums would have died if everyone had waited for the full facts before posting anything. When something is good I will say so, when I don't like something I will say so, I didn't realise honesty was frowned upon here.

Honesty?

As I pointed out, many of the things you base your opinions on aren't based on honesty.

You "calling things the way you see them" aren't always based on honesty or the truth.

You're probably quick to embrace lies and bullshit in order to make up your mind, then you talk about honesty.

I don't care what other people think of my opinions, if they agree with me great if they don't fine, being part of a forum isn't just about agreeing with everyone, for decent discussions to be had there must be a conflict of opinion but whilst it remains respectful it's just as enjoyable to debate your opinon with someone as it is to agree about it. I have never altered the way I think about GNR to avoid ridicule from others, 'blind worship' isn't my style, for GNR or anything else, I was like that from day one I signed up here, because that's how I am.

No I couldn't say "hey, I believe the band are doing everything they can to get the record out and it doesn't really bother me if it takes a while"? Becasue I would be lieing. I think the band are doing what they can to get the record out, but I can't pretend I enjoy the wait, why would I? I'm not going to say waiting 14 years between GNR albums is cool, just because it tows the party line, as a fan of GNR I look forward to hearing new music from them, I can't pretend not getting new music isn't dissapointing.

Like estrangedpaul said this has been dragged way off topic, this thread isn't "ok, I've gottta' ask.......What kind of fan is A Private Eye?" The original point was that nobody involved in this show occuring on the 28th have billed this or promoted it as a GNR reunion, not the performers, not the promoters, nobody. The media and media alone have called this a GNR reunion, something out of the control of Steven or anyone else. This news is relevant to 95% of the people who visit these boards, why censor them discussing the show because of the medias ignorance.

I explained why I made that decision.

You seem to have selective memory since you've forgotten what kind of headlines Steven caused the last time he spoke about meeting Axl. The same exact thing happened then and it's got to stop.

/jarmo

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2007, 09:51:55 AM »

Unlike Steven Adler.

/jarmo

You do know that Adler's brain is a little addled, don't you!

So? None of us know if he's telling the truth or not. He talks a lot of shite but he did say he met Axl in LV and that was proved true. Just because someone is fucked up doesn't mean everything they say is false. None of us know for sure, but it's interesting to discuss the possibilities - what songs they might play, etc. The stuff about a full reunion happening someday because "Axl couldn't be that silly" is obviously crap but i think most people here can make up their own minds on that one. We don't need to have information censored.

Seen as Jarmo and others are so into bringing GnR into the discussion, I could make the same argument that Axl led fans on, got their hopes up and caused confusion when he said Izzy might turn up at one of the GnR gigs in New York last year. Of course it did happen, but only at one of the gigs. You could make the same argument about increasing publicity and implying a GnR reunion when Axl said what he did. Now, that would be a completely rediculous argument to make, but its not any different to what's happening here. Who's to say this thing won't happen too?

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2007, 10:25:02 AM »

Honesty?

As I pointed out, many of the things you base your opinions on aren't based on honesty.

You "calling things the way you see them" aren't always based on honesty or the truth.

You're probably quick to embrace lies and bullshit in order to make up your mind, then you talk about honesty.

Care to show me some evidence to support this notion that I would rather embrace lies and BS than the real story? Or are you in fact just talking BS yourself. To think you accused me of having an agenda ?hihi

I explained why I made that decision.

You seem to have selective memory since you've forgotten what kind of headlines Steven caused the last time he spoke about meeting Axl. The same exact thing happened then and it's got to stop.

/jarmo

Well as Adler has already been seen this week with Slash, and Izzy has confirmed he intends to be there I'd say this seems to be pretty legit. Anybody would think Adler was writing all these GNR reunion stories himself the way you are carrying on. What headlines were these last time? It caused a bit of interest at the forums and a small extra article in a music magazine or two, it was hardly the top story on BBC and CNN. ?

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2007, 10:31:17 AM »

precisely the point.  right on.

How does this event have anything to do with this statement.  It's simply celebrating the 20th Anniversary of AFD [THEIR ALBUM, THEIR BAND BACK THEN THAT THEY CREATED and some of the original members may be there and have every right to celebrate this legendary album, that the current GNR plays every night on their tour.   This in no way takes anything away or is disrepectful to GNR now, could it cause people to get their hopes up that a full blown reunion could take place, sure it could but reunion talk has been around for years and years.    As I said before, it just shows how insecure fans are of the new band to have this rattle them so much or say it's a taboo subject even in the ex member section cuz it will stir up more reunion talk.   Not for nothing, then don't have a exmember section. 

I happen to be fans of both, I love the new band, I love the original members, but this is something that is THEIRS, like it or not and is apart of GNR history, without that you wouldn't have GNR now, hell you wouldn't have a setlist now. 

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2007, 10:32:58 AM »

Just thought I'd ask a question. Is it ok to post this on the ex-members section. The following is from Izzy's site www.chopaway.com

25.07.2007 - Key Club Update from Izzy
A number of fans have asked for confirmation regarding whether Izzy will be present at the Key Club for the rumored "GNR Reunion". Izzy emailed us this today: "....Steven is playing Key Club this Saturday.... I may drop by and say hello. Cheers, Izzy".

Gosh, it'd be terrible for Izzy to cause confusion and get people's hopes up, or disrespect the current members of GnR. Izzy also used to take drugs, so I guess we can't trust what he says either. Or maybe we won't be able to post it because it contradicts Jarmo's view that Adler is lying to sell tickets. As does Slash celebrating his birthday with Adler a couple of days ago.

So anyway is it ok to post Izzy's info. Just wanna see if he is censored now too. Just couldn't be bothered posting it if its gonna be deleted.

Also, will Slolat and Jarmo admit they were wrong that Adler is a crackhead who makes up stuff to sell tickets, if the 4 guys do play together?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 10:36:26 AM by estrangedpaul » Logged

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2007, 10:35:37 AM »

precisely the point.? right on.

How does this event have anything to do with this statement.? It's simply celebrating the 20th Anniversary of AFD [THEIR ALBUM, THEIR BAND BACK THEN THAT THEY CREATED and some of the original members may be there and have every right to celebrate this legendary album, that the current GNR plays every night on their tour.? ?This in no way takes anything away or is disrepectful to GNR now, could it cause people to get their hopes up that a full blown reunion could take place, sure it could but reunion talk has been around for years and years.? ? As I said before, it just shows how insecure fans are of the new band to have this rattle them so much or say it's a taboo subject even in the ex member section cuz it will stir up more reunion talk.? ?Not for nothing, then don't have a exmember section.?

I happen to be fans of both, I love the new band, I love the original members, but this is something that is THEIRS, like it or not and is apart of GNR history, without that you wouldn't have GNR now, hell you wouldn't have a setlist now.?

Read my whole quote about how I think the so called reunion talk may be disssing the current band. It was in response to estranged Paul who couldn't see how the comments would affect the current line up. You may have to go back one page to read the whole quote.....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2007, 10:38:05 AM »

How does this event have anything to do with this statement.? It's simply celebrating the 20th Anniversary of AFD [THEIR ALBUM, THEIR BAND BACK THEN THAT THEY CREATED and some of the original members may be there and have every right to celebrate this legendary album, that the current GNR plays every night on their tour.? ?This in no way takes anything away or is disrepectful to GNR now, could it cause people to get their hopes up that a full blown reunion could take place, sure it could but reunion talk has been around for years and years.? ? As I said before, it just shows how insecure fans are of the new band to have this rattle them so much or say it's a taboo subject even in the ex member section cuz it will stir up more reunion talk.? ?Not for nothing, then don't have a exmember section.?

I happen to be fans of both, I love the new band, I love the original members, but this is something that is THEIRS, like it or not and is apart of GNR history, without that you wouldn't have GNR now, hell you wouldn't have a setlist now.?

Read my whole quote about how I think the so called reunion talk may be disssing the current band. It was in response to estranged Paul who couldn't see how the comments would affect the current line up. You may have to go back one page to read the whole quote.....

It has nothing to do with the current lineup. The idea that Slash, Izzy, Steven and Duff can't play a gig together here and there because it might hurt poor Frank Ferrer's feelings is absurd. They're professionals with a lot more respect for the ex-members than you do.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2007, 10:39:52 AM »

Care to show me some evidence to support this notion that I would rather embrace lies and BS than the real story? Or are you in fact just talking BS yourself. To think you accused me of having an agenda  hihi

You're the one saying you call things the way you see them.

So are you in fact telling me that every time you do, it's always based on getting all facts and both sides of the story?

You say that since you bought concert tickets, you're a fan and you have the right to bash the band when you see fit.

I'm saying, many fans never had the chance to buy tickets yet they are more supportive of the new band than some of those ticket buyers.

That category of fans is what this site is about. Not the ones who buy tickets and then spend time whining about every possible thing.

See the difference?

Well as Adler has already been seen this week with Slash, and Izzy has confirmed he intends to be there I'd say this seems to be pretty legit. Anybody would think Adler was writing all these GNR reunion stories himself the way you are carrying on. What headlines were these last time? It caused a bit of interest at the forums and a small extra article in a music magazine or two, it was hardly the top story on BBC and CNN. 

Do a Google search.

Every time he talks, we get the same old "is it true the old band is getting back together?" bullshit.

/jarmo

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2007, 10:48:02 AM »

This talk does dis the current band because it totally ignores the fact that they are Guns N' Roses, the fact that this band have just toured, the fact that this band will soon be putting out a CD.........

How would you like to be a part of the new GN'R lineup, you are riding the momentum and high of touring, you are excited about the new album when suddenly, someone totally ignores you and says that Gun N Roses are having a reunion? Someone has used your band's name to get attention......someone mentions that your lead singer may also be there......

As a performer, I would find that to be a kick in the guts.......and believe me, performers are some of the most insecure people around......

Go back and read my posts from a few pages ago as I made this argument in the sense that whoever is responsible for promoting Guns isn't doing a good job. As you say, "how can they have a reunion when they just finished a tour?" That is a 100% accurate, but 9/10 people have no idea they just finished a tour because there is never any press/promo about the band outside of the guy who writes reviews for the GNR website.

The interest in the Adler thing and how it catches on so quick demonstrates there is a big demand for GNR out there. GNR as it is now is a good band, and could fill that demand. So what does it say in terms of the disconnect with what is reality right now vs. so many people having no idea GNR even exists thinking there is going to be a reunion of a band that never broke up?

They need to start screaming from the roof tops about what is and is not GNR beyond just a few website postings. Creating awareness about the state of the band would go a long way towards marginalizing situations like with Steven because people would know differently about things.

I point directly to management as the problem because it is not the band's job to make sure people are aware of them. It is hard to complain about Steven creating confusion about GNR when it is essentially GNR's fault that people don't even realize the band isn't broken up right now. We are insulated in this board in terms of thinking everyone is in the know with the current band happenings, and it is just not the case. They have a good enough product that if people knew it existed beyond the standard, "oh yeah I hear Axl is playing some shows or something," this Adler type business would never pick up steam. There is a vaccuum that Steven is filling because GNR hasn't.

It appears that even though my premise was dismissed you guys are making the arguments for it. It is impossible to argue that GNR is doing a good job of creating awareness, and that Steven Adler is creating confusion. Adler is creating confusion because the GNR handlers haven't done a good enough job at educating the public as to what GNR is right now.

It is an easy fix, but there seems to be an attitude pervading the Guns camp that press/promo isn't important, yet those same people complain when things like this happen precisely because there is no press to create awareness of the truth. I would be pissed to if I was in the band and people knew so little about what we were doing that a junky drummer creates more buzz than the band has gotten for finishing a great leg of the tour.

There is no where else for that problem to fall but into the lap of the marketing management team. If they were doing their job properly Steven wouldn't be getting any attention, because people would be responding to his comments in the way people are around here in terms of how can it be a GNR reunion show when they are out touring. We are educated about the Guns situation being here, so there is less confusion about things like this. The key is to take the message everyone gets here, and get it to more than just the people reading the fan boards. That is typically a marketing persons job.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2007, 10:51:38 AM »

It has nothing to do with the current lineup. The idea that Slash, Izzy, Steven and Duff can't play a gig together here and there because it might hurt poor Frank Ferrer's feelings is absurd. They're professionals with a lot more respect for the ex-members than you do.

You obviously aren't a performer then. No wonder my point went way over your head.

Hey! I did wish Slash a happy birthday!
I was 14 when AFD came out - I thank the ex- members for the memories........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2007, 11:02:25 AM »

You obviously aren't a performer then. No wonder my point went way over your head.

Actually, I have played gigs in the past - I don't expect ex-members to never play together again after they leave my band. Coz that would be rediculous.

The current lineup have just had an amazing and highly successful tour in Japan. Why the hell would they be insecure about Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven playing together. It's nothing to do with them, whatsoever. Izzy played with all these guys last year, he wouldn't be speculating about doing this if he thought it would disrespect them.

You haven't actually explained why the current members of Guns N' Roses would care about this gig or why it would bother them.

If you honestly think that these 4 guys are doing this just to annoy the current members of GnR you need your head examined. They have every right to celebrate the anniversary of this album and have a lot of fun if they wish.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 11:10:32 AM by estrangedpaul » Logged

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2007, 11:07:16 AM »

Care to show me some evidence to support this notion that I would rather embrace lies and BS than the real story? Or are you in fact just talking BS yourself. To think you accused me of having an agenda? hihi

You're the one saying you call things the way you see them.

So are you in fact telling me that every time you do, it's always based on getting all facts and both sides of the story?

You say that since you bought concert tickets, you're a fan and you have the right to bash the band when you see fit.

I'm saying, many fans never had the chance to buy tickets yet they are more supportive of the new band than some of those ticket buyers.

That category of fans is what this site is about. Not the ones who buy tickets and then spend time whining about every possible thing.

See the difference?

Actually I do see the difference, there are some very big GNR fans who have never seen the band and then others who have seen the band that maybe don't deserve to. Why are you so intent on lumping me in with that second group of people? Calling things the way I see them is not the same as embracing lies and BS. I said I give credit where it is due, and have admitted being wrong if I have criticised something when later evidence has proved otherwise. You conveniently left that bit out though, now who's got a selective memory? Found the evidence where I rather embrace lies and bullshit than the truth?

While you're at it where did I ever say this "You say that since you bought concert tickets, you're a fan and you have the right to bash the band when you see fit."?

Well as Adler has already been seen this week with Slash, and Izzy has confirmed he intends to be there I'd say this seems to be pretty legit. Anybody would think Adler was writing all these GNR reunion stories himself the way you are carrying on. What headlines were these last time? It caused a bit of interest at the forums and a small extra article in a music magazine or two, it was hardly the top story on BBC and CNN.?

Do a Google search.

Every time he talks, we get the same old "is it true the old band is getting back together?" bullshit.

/jarmo

Since when has the media dictated what can and can't be said on this site? Just becasue an article chooses to ignorantly word their article doesn't mean it's still not relevant to GNR fans. Everyone here knows the score with Steven, and know he's basically living for the day a reunion might occur, given he's been seen with Slash this week and there's been confirmation from Izzy it appears this time it's not BS.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: