Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:43:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Fish
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fish  (Read 31497 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2007, 05:33:15 PM »

im more a fan of the original gnr,

Which is kinda funny because that band hasn't existed in your life time.

So when you became a fan, the band that existed is pretty much what we have now. Not trying to offend you, just pointing out a simple fact.

So you're telling me a band has to release an album in order to have fans?

I saw the band play live, I can't be a fan based on that? I can't be a fan based on the fact that they played several new songs live at those shows and I liked them? I can't be a fan based on the fact that I'm certain they'll release kick ass music together based on the fact that I like what Axl has done in the past and I love Tommy's solo album?

Add to that the fact that I know for a fact the guys in the band are kick ass musicians who all work towards one goal.

I can't be a fan because they haven't released an album even though I have all the evidence listed above?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2007, 06:06:22 PM »

guns n roses has already released albums jarmo incase you didnt notice lol, the whole point of the argument is that everyone goes crazy about any one in the slightest way preffering the old band over the new, my point is, until that band actually have an album out people need to understand alot of people wont accept them properly.

They play mainly old guns stuff live, they didnt make it so SOME people have issues with it, when they have there own material they made and played on, i think people will accept them much more and hold them in higher respect, my point was never about not being able to be a fan, its about the credability of these guys and the constant show downs between fans of the new band and fans of the old band.

i wasnt knocking them as of such, defending them in some respects, but also pointing out theres nothing wrong with someone coming here who is more of a fan of the gnr line ups from 86 till 93.

I think its silly how its starting to go the way that you HAVE to be a fan of the current line up to be accepted as a  true gnr fan and member of these forums.

And like i said, i have seen guns n roses live line up 2006 and they rocked, but theres nothing wrong with me also wanting a reunion since id like to see the guys that made the music play it live in the now, or maybe even have the chance to go see them perform it, VR isnt the same is it really....

However if axl got chinese demoncracy out and it was good, then i think more people would let go of a reunion idea.

(lil edit)

on the age point, what would you rather me be into shit like muse or my chemical romance over all the past acts that came out before i was born?

« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 06:08:11 PM by mrlee » Logged

html sucks
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2007, 06:28:42 PM »

I love the new band more now because they exist.

The old band is very special to me, but the new band excite me more nowadays for obvious reasons. They're actually active.

on the age point, what would you rather me be into shit like muse or my chemical romance over all the past acts that came out before i was born?

No, you do like some great music in addition to liking Poison.  hihi

Muse rocks. Cheesy

But honestly, you must see the irony in somebody who wasn't even born when AFD was released, telling me and people who were around back in the day about how we can't be fans of the current band?

Nothing elitist about it, just pointing out the humor in it.

I welcome everybody who support the current band here.  No matter if they were around since day one in 1985 or of they became fans last week.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 06:32:27 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2007, 06:44:56 PM »

The old band is very special to me, but the new band excite me more nowadays for obvious reasons. They're actually active.

No, you do like some great music in addition to liking Poison.  hihi

Muse rocks. Cheesy

But honestly, you must see the irony in somebody who wasn't even born when AFD was released, telling me and people who were around back in the day about how we can't be fans of the current band?

Nothing elitist about it, just pointing out the humor in it.

I welcome everybody who support the current band here.  No matter if they were around since day one in 1985 or of they became fans last week.

/jarmo

fair enough jarmo, regardless though, can you see some on my points though, some of the fans of the 2007 line up do go too far over them.

html sucks
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2007, 07:10:39 PM »

Well there's several reasons for that.

We've heard so many of you telling us how this band isn't GN'R. We've been hearing that ever since it was announced Slash had quit.

Then add to that the fact that people are still repeating that even when there's things to be excited about and you can understand why.

/jarmo

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2007, 01:28:41 AM »

Dude, you hit the nail on the head with that one. That is what it is all about.

Furthermore, one of the best guitarist I ever heard in my life, had not published/copyrighted anything since the '70s.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2007, 08:48:21 AM »

Isn't that setting the bar a little low?

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2007, 04:26:21 PM »

Perhaps, but it's better than carrying a torch for a band that no longer exists.
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2007, 09:13:32 PM »

Perhaps, but it's better than carrying a torch for a band that no longer exists.
I carry a torch for the old band. They were everything I ever loved about rock n' roll. This new band is good too . they definatly can play this music very well!

I can tell by jarmos post that he dislikes slash and company because axl hates them too. i think he's a follower of Axl's opinions. if slash was in the band now and axl loved him, jarmo would too.
 The only thing i dislike is that jarmo thinks that fans of the old band shouldn't be here or we should hide in our little hole called "dead horse".
I'm not really picking on jarmo. this is just my opinion based on want i read as i go through posts. frankly when jarmo goes on his rampage about people liking the old band, i just skip over it. cause its gets old. there is no difference between the old and new fans. Axl plays the SAME songs now as he did in 1987-1993...... no difference just different members.

We are all the same fans of this band.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2007, 10:01:21 PM »

i dont care if people prefer the old band but we dont need to be reminded every other post that you want a reunion.    if you really are a fan of GnR these days then a reunion shouldnt' be a concern because you like the band the way it is.
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2007, 10:52:23 PM »

i dont care if people prefer the old band but we dont need to be reminded every other post that you want a reunion.? ? if you really are a fan of GnR these days then a reunion shouldnt' be a concern because you like the band the way it is.
i don't really agree with that. do i want a reunion?...sure. but if not, then we all will survive. who cares if people want a reunion?why does it matter? it could happen you know? but if not, it's no big deal if people talk about it. 

I understand that the "original" GN'R is OVER. I think matt sorum said it best, when he said "that kinda shit will never happen again". (refering to the hype, the excitment, the way they were). for me, that's when i realized it was never going to be the same.

I enjoy the new band, they're good. I prefer listening to this "NEW GN'R" over none at all. This "revolving door" of members can be a bit much sometimes. but which would i choose if i had only one wish? Well, i think you can figure that one out yourself.
I still stick to my original statement of  "we are all the same fans of this band"  peace
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »

but which would i choose if i had only one wish?

but in reality you dont get that wish to make. 

your opinion is valid, but when people repeat the same reunion shit over and over, it gets tiring and yes its a slap in the face to the guys in the band now.
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2007, 11:51:06 PM »

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF GUNS N" ROSES INC. AND TO THE
FANS FOR WHICH WE STAND, ONE NATION UNDER AXL,? INDIVISIBLE? WITH
LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2007, 03:30:46 AM »

I can tell by jarmos post that he dislikes slash and company because axl hates them too. i think he's a follower of Axl's opinions. if slash was in the band now and axl loved him, jarmo would too.

But Axl doesn't hate Slash!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2007, 03:13:55 PM »

'

I disagree with the fact that Axl hates Slash , he probably isn't too fond of the man but he doesn't hate him. But I however do agree that people like Jarmo and Jim Bob are followers of Axl's opinions solely , if its Axl approved its good.....
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2007, 03:36:53 PM »

'

I disagree with the fact that Axl hates Slash , he probably isn't too fond of the man but he doesn't hate him. But I however do agree that people like Jarmo and Jim Bob are followers of Axl's opinions solely , if its Axl approved its good.....

You have no fuckin idea what Jarmo is like.

You can say whatever the fuck you like, but the fact is that you have no fuckin clue.

And if you think of Jarmo like that, you can go to some other board and cry about it.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2007, 03:57:14 PM »

'

you don't know me either.  I support Axl as my favorite artist and musican, but I dont agree with every single opinion he may or may not have.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2007, 04:01:49 PM »

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF GUNS N" ROSES INC. AND TO THE
FANS FOR WHICH WE STAND, ONE NATION UNDER AXL,  INDIVISIBLE  WITH
LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

Easy on the Starbucks brah....
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2007, 04:34:54 PM »

'

You have no fuckin idea what Jarmo is like.

You can say whatever the fuck you like, but the fact is that you have no fuckin clue.

And if you think of Jarmo like that, you can go to some other board and cry about it.

And watch as the followers defend their god hahahaha thats what I think , thats how it feels around here. Did I say I know them? Nope. I do think of Jarmo like that but I dont cry about it.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2007, 04:49:15 PM »

Honestly, here's how I see it:

The band never stopped existing. As members left, new members entered to take their place - end of.

I don't differentiate between "old" and "new" - to me, GN'R is the same entity that it always has been.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: