Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:21:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227867 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  ATT. WE NEED TO GET THIS SHUTDOWN ON EBAY DANKRASS BOOTLEGS SOLD
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ATT. WE NEED TO GET THIS SHUTDOWN ON EBAY DANKRASS BOOTLEGS SOLD  (Read 13324 times)
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« on: May 20, 2006, 05:12:47 PM »

HERE IT IS 6 AUCTIONS BEING SOLD ON EBAY

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZguns4life1969QQhtZ-1

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
chad_er33
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 05:22:40 PM »

that didn 't take long.? anything to make a buck!? Roll Eyes
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 05:24:48 PM »

As much as that sucks ass, I don't think there is much we can do. 

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 05:29:54 PM »

Weird that it has links to downloadable .flacs on the net.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 05:36:52 PM »

You wanna kill his auction?

Put one up with the exact same description, with a "buy it now" and starting bid of 1 penny.... Make it "dutch" with 1000 buyers.

? In the description, put up the torrent link...essentially giving it away for free.

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
whpprsnpprr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 05:39:20 PM »

Just email the bidders and give them a link to download them
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 05:46:40 PM »

Just email the bidders and give them a link to download them

Good idea.  Who's going to take lead on this?  hihi

lamagic
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 06:05:22 PM »

The bidders are procted so you can't see who they are no
Such a idiot rant

lamagic
anythinggoes
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 06:08:02 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Guns-N-Roses-Hammerstien-2006-14th-15th_W0QQitemZ4884301410QQcategoryZ70008QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

rofl see if it works eh hope i dont get banned

12.00am 2 questions so far
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 06:57:00 PM by anythinggoes » Logged
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 06:14:34 PM »

Dude how did you get positive karma??
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 06:17:39 PM by BluesGNR » Logged

anythinggoes
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2006, 06:18:42 PM »

being a suck up
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2006, 06:23:41 PM »

Haha thats awesome man..  beer

timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2006, 06:29:59 PM »

yes put up the links even better that way it makes the guy madder

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2006, 06:55:24 PM »

Cool idea.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2006, 10:17:46 PM »

Seriously you guys need to take the steps to report this seller to ebay...i'm gonna do it and it works especially if a lot of people report him.  Just notify ebay that it is a bootleg.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 10:22:32 PM »

Seriously you guys need to take the steps to report this seller to ebay...i'm gonna do it and it works especially if a lot of people report him.  Just notify ebay that it is a bootleg.

How exactly do we do that?
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2006, 10:33:01 PM »

Nevermind, I just figured it out.
EFISH
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2006, 11:04:44 PM »

ill go report him now  Cool
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2006, 11:22:59 PM »

The sad thing it, it's probably a member of the boards, that got it right away like the rest of us, is there a way to figure out his email that hes using for ebay, and cross check it with an email account registered here?

Axl is God.
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2006, 11:27:30 PM »

yes buy 1 then i give u his mail or send him an email asking a question

anythinggoes
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2006, 05:27:01 AM »

shit

Dear sgrcsgslr,

Thank you for your recent fixed price listing on eBay. Unfortunately, we removed the following item(s):

4884301410 - Guns N Roses Hammerstein New York 2006 14th 15th Axl

The following information may help explain the reason for your listing(s) removal:

eBay members may not encourage or facilitate the infringement of copyrights, trade marks, or other intellectual property rights on eBay.

eBay prohibits using download, email, or peer-to-peer networks to deliver unauthorised copies of media. Unauthorised copies of media include (but are not limited to) music, movies, and software.

For more information on Unauthorised Copies (Copyright) visit the following Help page:
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 05:19:48 PM »

look guys look at how many sold and how much each

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&since=30&userid=guns4life1969&include=0&rows=50&sort=3&completed=1

1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 05:32:03 PM »

i already got someone who was selling the 5-12 show on ebay banned. i'll get this one banned too, guaranteed.

go to the bottom of the item,if you're logged in on your account there will be a link at the bottom "report this item", click that and fill out the questionaire. turn them in for selling recorded media (or something like that). first highlight "counterfeits and copyright violations", then highlight bootlegs, then recorded media. i'm already on it, and the more that do the same, the quicker this douche-bag gets banned.
anythinggoes
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006, 08:07:07 PM »

it may of worked unles they ended
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2006, 08:21:12 PM »

i already got someone who was selling the 5-12 show on ebay banned. i'll get this one banned too, guaranteed.

go to the bottom of the item,if you're logged in on your account there will be a link at the bottom "report this item", click that and fill out the questionaire. turn them in for selling recorded media (or something like that). first highlight "counterfeits and copyright violations", then highlight bootlegs, then recorded media. i'm already on it, and the more that do the same, the quicker this douche-bag gets banned.

what are you the internet police? ebay police? its a good way for some people to get bootlegs who dont have high speed connections.  find a hobby
new-gnr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006, 08:26:03 PM »

i agree,let the people who get paid from gnrs camp to do thier jobs...stop being a snitch you bitch...
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006, 12:36:52 AM »

what are you the internet police? ebay police? its a good way for some people to get bootlegs who dont have high speed connections.? find a hobby

people on dial up or whatever can do a b&p.why you givin' me shit when others have said they're doing the same damn thing? i'll do what i want, if you don't like it that's too damn bad.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 12:51:46 AM by 1badapple » Logged
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2006, 12:08:40 PM »

what are you the internet police? ebay police? its a good way for some people to get bootlegs who dont have high speed connections.  find a hobby

people on dial up or whatever can do a b&p.why you givin' me shit when others have said they're doing the same damn thing? i'll do what i want, if you don't like it that's too damn bad.

YEAH!  rant

And what about those guys who try to make money out of these bootlegs?
Ebay doesn't mean to host something like that, that's why in the report form appears the option "bootleg".

Internet police rules.  smoking
fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 04:27:03 PM »

let the guy sell his stuff. ebay is good for people like me that have a shitty computer, that want to see there fav. bands live. & hear some cool shows. the only way i can get live concerts is to buy them, cause i never have anything to "trade".  please stop worrying about other people, there aint nothing wrong with someone trying to make some extra cash.
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2006, 04:49:04 PM »

aint nothin wrong eh?

First of all, it is ILLEGAL.

Secondly, he did NOTHING to earn this money except for spend a couple hours downloading and burning some discs.

Hey, Im all for making money where there is money to be made. But this is AGAINST THE LAW and eBAy policy.

This is the main reason I have never and will never sell a recording I make.  Sure, I am violating the 'contract' of the ticket I bought for the show, but I am breaking no law and will happily leave if I am found out by staff.  The second you make a penny off of this kind of work, you are in violation of FEDERAL COPYRIGHT LAW.

agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2006, 04:49:27 PM »

It's weird, if the guy was selling something nobody had, like the sourdboard recordings of the shows for example, everyone would buy them and that would not be a problem at all...

I think some people need to relax a little, if there are people who want to buy that stuff then let them be.
We do a lot of things which we think are OK but which are actually just as illegal as what this guy is doing on eBay! For instance, buying those DVDs from the guy who filmed the 4 NY gigs, so I think we just can't point fingers at anyone...
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2006, 04:52:31 PM »

aint nothin wrong eh?

Secondly, he did NOTHING to earn this money except for spend a couple hours downloading and burning some discs.

Hey, Im all for making money where there is money to be made. But this is AGAINST THE LAW and eBAy policy.

This is the main reason I have never and will never sell a recording I make.  Sure, I am violating the 'contract' of the ticket I bought for the show, but I am breaking no law and will happily leave if I am found out by staff.  The second you make a penny off of this kind of work, you are in violation of FEDERAL COPYRIGHT LAW.

I made my post before reading yours. But you see, recording a show is already illegal no matter what you do with that recording (sell, torrent, copy it out to friends, etc). I know it must suck to see somebody selling a recording you have done yourself, but I just think there's nothing really we can do about it. Yeah, you can report the guy to eBay, but as I said if he was selling something nobody had then none of us would be reporting him to eBay...
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2006, 04:54:21 PM »

One person buying a 'bootleg' and liberating it is an honorable thing.
Because he is helping to SHUTDOWN the sale, unbeknownest to the seller.

If the Vegas shows were on eBay, I would buy it now immediately and get it on a torrent within moments of it hitting my mailbox.

Anything to stop the sale of this material.   

Our goal as fans should be to get as much music to the fans for free as possible.   If some people have to take the initial hit; kudos to them for helping the fans and hurting the BOOTLEGGER.
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2006, 04:55:42 PM »

aint nothin wrong eh?

I made my post before reading yours. But you see, recording a show is already illegal no matter what you do with that recording (sell, torrent, copy it out to friends, etc). I know it must suck to see somebody selling a recording you have done yourself, but I just think there's nothing really we can do about it. Yeah, you can report the guy to eBay, but as I said if he was selling something nobody had then none of us would be reporting him to eBay...

Incorrect. It is NOT illegal to record a show.   

And I would report him to ebay after I got the first batch of CDs and torrented.  He is the enemy.  I have personally invested thousands buying master cassettes of uncirculating concerts (similar to the Vegas 01 shows i attended) and then distributed them to the fans freely. 

Sure, it did suck to have to give the dirty bootlegger money, but it was worth it to get the masters out to the fans instead of this guy taking them to a CD plant in Italy to get made into bootlegs for $50/ea
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 04:59:08 PM by dankrass » Logged
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2006, 05:27:49 PM »

So you don't think the DVD guy deserves to make money off what he did?  I believe he is the actual filmer and maker of those DVDs hence his investment of time and money.  I understand your point about reselling someone elses bootlegs but the person who actually did the work should at least have a chance to make some money back on his investment.  Illegal or not he still did the work. 
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2006, 05:33:09 PM »

That is a matter of personal opinion, I suppose.

It just never crossed my mind.... no matter how good or exclusive tapes of mine have been in the past, I just never thought to sell the show. I mean, its against federal law, yknow? So I never formed a philosphy on it; just let 'dont break federal law' be my guide Smiley

My personal opinion? He has no right to sell them. He captured a performance. Big deal!  He didnt write the songs, arrange the music, book the venue, sell the tickets. He has nothing to do with the show except for he snuck a camera in.

If I have a sweet cable hookup and DVD recorder and I make awesome quality DVDs of NFL football games, should I have the right to sell them? Its the same thing.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2006, 05:40:37 PM »

dank, recording a show IS illegal. it's bootlegging and bootlegging is illegal. i personally see no harm in it, as long as you're not trying to profit from it, but it is illegal.

in my opinion, NO the guy that filmed the shows shouldn't make money off of it. does he own the rights to that material? no, he doesn't. therefore, he shouldn't get squat. there's a couple people i know that bought VR dvd's back in 04, just to "liberate" them. I take my hat off to people who pay the cash to turn around and give it away for free.

this douchebag that's selling dank's recordings should be shut down soon. i know atleast 3 of us have filed a report with ebay. and anyone that doesn't like the fact that people report this shit to ebay can suck my ballsack.
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2006, 05:42:31 PM »

People keep saying recording a show is illegal.
It's not. Ive got text of the law. They are available by mail from the FCC.

And recording a show is not 'bootlegging.'   Bootlegging only happens when there is money involved.

EFISH
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2006, 05:47:40 PM »

Sellling the "bootlegs" IMO is good.
Selling dankrass recording is lame, but what can ya do.

If that dude recorded it, then i would be all for him to sell it, but its pretty lame that he is selling your stuff dank.
Then again, does this really affect anyone? Not really. He is making a few bucks for going out of his way to make the CD's for people that are willing to buy the CD's..
Oh well, i dont feel like putting much more thought into it because my brain is a little 'mushed' right now, but i think we need to put this topic to rest.

p.s especially if dank doesnt mind it being sold, why should u all still care and fight for it to be taken off?
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2006, 05:49:34 PM »

I certainly DO mind.
EFISH
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2006, 06:05:56 PM »

oh, you do?
in that case, fuck that...it is very wrong and needs to be taken off ebay

i thought i read somewehre that u said u didnt care...

now that i know u do not want ur recording sold on ebay, i will put my foot forward and send complaint to ebay
anythinggoes
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2006, 06:08:11 PM »

I certainly DO mind.

the problem is ebay dont act immediatly on these things luckily he was doin a 7 day action so there was time but if he was going a fixed buy it now for sy $25 he could of made a mint and yes it is wrong to do so but answer me this would there of been a problem if say he was selling them for say $5 the set (4 Discs)+ P&P because he would of still made minimal profit but helped a lot of people (Just one to think over. I myself have paid $85 for the DVD's of the 4 shows just to have them quickly and not have to wait 4 weeks for them to download via torrent
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2006, 06:20:05 PM »

wah wah... if you recoreded a show and it is illegal.. look at the back of the ticket.. and if its not illegal then why didnt you just walk in past security with the recorders in your hand? .....  of course you should have sold it to make some money back if you didnt then dont cry when someone else does it....
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2006, 06:34:48 PM »

You are obviously uneducated.

A ticket is a PRIVATE contract between you and the venue.
Unauthorized recording is a violation of that PRIVATE contract.
That is not illegal. That is a civil matter.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2006, 06:35:32 PM »

I bought the DVDs simply because I don't have a burner so me having some huge files on my hard drive that I can't do anything with doesn't really do me any good so either way I would have to invest in a burner or software to convert them to another format that I could burn that would probably kill the quality of the DVD. ?So to me it was worth it. ?Not to mention I still believe the guy deserves a return on his investment and time and work to make the DVDs.

Dank, you seem like a nice person that really does care about the fans....but unfortunately in this world cash is king for most.....
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2006, 06:36:01 PM »

And I could give a shit. I dont WANT to make money on this recording. If I needed money, I wouldnt be flying around the country all the time seeing/recording concerts.  But he has no right to make the money; and he is breaking federal law.

People need to see the big picture here.

dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2006, 06:36:57 PM »

ok, bandita.  keep in mind that some kind soul here would've burned them for blanks & postage.

buyer beware!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2006, 06:41:36 PM »

ok, bandita.? keep in mind that some kind soul here would've burned them for blanks & postage.

buyer beware!

ahhh, I'm still new here and trying to learn the ropes
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2006, 06:51:46 PM »

well, its new to everyone here. im just about to send out the email to the first B+P on here that ive done.....

hopefully by the time the fall tour is setup, everyone here will be on the same page about what needs to be done w/ these recordings.

GnRz
Headliner

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2006, 07:38:04 PM »

I would think that recording a show is illeagle

just like recording anything that the original owning in this case AXL ROSE, says that he doesn't want his shows recorded by no one other than authorized personelle, He expressed his view on this at St Louis

The artist has the right to say no recording equipment allowed at concerts
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2006, 07:39:36 PM »

Yeah, it's really kind of a personal opinion. I agree with you dankrass when you say you are doing something "honorable" to the fans by buying the stuff and distributing it, but though honorable that is still illegal because the seller is making profit.
If everyone who filmed shows would just share them, that would be the best way, but we know that's not what always happens. I'm trying to say is: we can't really bash sellers because if it wasn't for them, we'd never get some of the great stuff we've got so far. And you can't do something illegal and justify it by saying you are doing something "honorable" to someone. I could kill George W. Bush and that would make a whole bunch of people happy, but I'd still be considered a criminal...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2006, 01:43:49 AM »

its more or less that its not illegal to tape a show but it maybe against the bands policy to allow you to tape it. many do allow you to record their shows and distribute FREELY. bands also have policy on what type of equipment your allowed to use most people ignore those policies though to get better recordings.
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2006, 03:46:54 PM »

No longer a registered user

this guy has been booted from eBay

thanks to all those who helped out
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2006, 06:46:25 PM »

No longer a registered user

this guy has been booted from eBay

thanks to all those who helped out

ok  no problem!
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2006, 07:27:22 PM »

You are obviously uneducated.

A ticket is a PRIVATE contract between you and the venue.
Unauthorized recording is a violation of that PRIVATE contract.
That is not illegal. That is a civil matter.

Sounds right. But once you trade it, torrent it or even give it away then it's copyright infringement (because live performances are automatically copyrighted) which is a legal matter. That said, thanks for two great recordings  ok

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2006, 02:26:54 PM »

Have you people seen how much this bootleg version is going for?HuhHuh??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guns-N-Roses-LIVE-2006-4CD-BOX-please-look-SKID-ROW_W0QQitemZ4887330864QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bid when I looked was at 110 dollars!  For 4 burned CDs? Is he kidding me?HuhHuh?
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2006, 03:41:03 PM »

Have you people seen how much this bootleg version is going for?HuhHuh??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guns-N-Roses-LIVE-2006-4CD-BOX-please-look-SKID-ROW_W0QQitemZ4887330864QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bid when I looked was at 110 dollars!? For 4 burned CDs? Is he kidding me?HuhHuh?

That is crazy.

Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: