Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:01:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  7/10/06 Greece FLACS and MP3's
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 7/10/06 Greece FLACS and MP3's  (Read 13455 times)
EFISH
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 01:50:15 PM »

OK.. i here ya.  Grin

I'll keep doing the FLACs becasue i mean, ive done half the show already, but when i convert the wave's to mp3 ill make it the best quality mp3 so if you want.. you can just wait for that.
estranged.1098
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 08:12:51 PM »

FLAC is nothing like an mp3, the compression is lossless (pretty much like when you compress using ZIP, except that FLAC is optimized for audio while ZIP isn't). For that reason you don't lose quality when you convert from WAV to FLAC.

Well I know what FLAC is, thank you. I am not talking about FLAC, I'm saying that the audio part of a divx is lossy by nature (usually mp3). That is a fact. So converting it to WAV or FLAC or any other format won't make it any better.

I misunderstood you, but I still don't agree with something.

The audio on divx is lossy, but if you rip that to WAV and then to a lossy format (like mp3 or ogg vorbis, my favorite) you will lose quality from the original recording. Like Tomorrows posted the best thing to do would be extract the compressed audio from the file, but if you can't do that flacs are still the best option imo.
bucketheadfan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2006, 09:14:56 PM »

please share in yousent it or rapidshare  Wink
chad_er33
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006, 09:58:19 PM »

i keep getting told "download limit exceeded"  what should i be doing?
EFISH
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2006, 10:33:03 PM »

because with megaupload you can only download one file at a time.. unless you pay extra. so try d/ling one at a time  beer

(uploading more right now)
chad_er33
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 10:38:38 PM »

that's what i was doing but it seems to be working now Smiley
imsorry
Rocker

d|0_o|b

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2006, 10:45:05 PM »

Thanks fish Smiley

20-23/01/1991
10-12/12/1992
15/01/2001
07-13-16/03/2010
11/20/2016
I believe!
chad_er33
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2006, 11:03:37 PM »

now it's not working again.  i am only doing one at a time.   Angry
chad_er33
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2006, 01:08:01 AM »

only cd 2 to go.....hopefully.
*zoe*
Opening Act

I would do anything for you

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2006, 05:47:41 AM »

megaupload doesn t work for Greece. it has never available slots Cry

Just keep trying and there will be available slots.Last week I wanted to download a song.It took me 30 minutes to find available slot but at least I downloaded the song.  hihi

I keep trying but there are only 50 slots available for Greece
I don t think I will ever find any available for me Sad

Yeah it seems that I can't find available slot too.I was trying for about an hour yesterday but nothing... Sad

10 July 2006    Guns N' Roses in Greece
It was the best time I can remember...
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2006, 06:26:28 AM »

The audio on divx is lossy, but if you rip that to WAV and then to a lossy format (like mp3 or ogg vorbis, my favorite) you will lose quality from the original recording.

Hmm, I'd be curious to hear that because that seems like a technical impossibility (assuming you convert the file to an mp3 with the same bitrate than in the divx). Got any samples for comparison?

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2006, 09:43:44 AM »

The audio on divx is lossy, but if you rip that to WAV and then to a lossy format (like mp3 or ogg vorbis, my favorite) you will lose quality from the original recording.

Hmm, I'd be curious to hear that because that seems like a technical impossibility (assuming you convert the file to an mp3 with the same bitrate than in the divx). Got any samples for comparison?

You can try it yourself with any DVD audio - try ripping a music DVD chapter into high quality mp3 and compare it against the DVD source. The drop in quality  is really blatant.

As far as I understand, DIVX audio is a compressed (and lossy) format but a different one to mp3. The conversion from DIVX audio -> mp3 involves a loss of quality just because of the file differences even if the bitrate numbers stay the same.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2006, 11:17:06 AM »

You can try it yourself with any DVD audio - try ripping a music DVD chapter into high quality mp3 and compare it against the DVD source. The drop in quality  is really blatant.

Well of course, if you're using a DVD the drop is going to be blatant. But that's not what we're talking about here.

As far as I understand, DIVX audio is a compressed (and lossy) format but a different one to mp3. The conversion from DIVX audio -> mp3 involves a loss of quality just because of the file differences even if the bitrate numbers stay the same.

Divx is either made of mp3 or ogg (Ogg Vorbis) which is just as lossy. Try any analysis tool and they'll tell you that.

I would make a comparison myself if I knew how to rip a divx straight to WAV. EFISH, what program did you use if you don't mind me asking?

bucketheadfan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2006, 12:00:26 PM »

I cant download from megaupload... mexico have 500 slots free... nervous
EFISH
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2006, 12:03:48 PM »

Divx is either made of mp3 or ogg (Ogg Vorbis) which is just as lossy. Try any analysis tool and they'll tell you that.

I would make a comparison myself if I knew how to rip a divx straight to WAV. EFISH, what program did you use if you don't mind me asking?

I'm using a program called Ulead VideoStudio10

its a trial version and i only have like 20 days left, but its a really awesome program, for editing audio, editing video, mixing stuff, making video
s.. basically anything u can think of Grin
bucketheadfan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2006, 05:36:59 PM »

I'm using a program called Ulead VideoStudio10

its a trial version and i only have like 20 days left, but its a really awesome program, for editing audio, editing video, mixing stuff, making video
s.. basically anything u can think of Grin

hey efish man reupload this show in yousendit or rapidshare pls
estranged.1098
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2006, 07:29:03 AM »

The audio part on divx movies is lossy, but converting from one lossy format to another will hurt the audio quality even more.

If you can get the audio from the divx in its original form (ogg, mp3, ac3, etc) you won't lose any quality, but if there's encoding to a lossy format involved then you most likely will.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »

The audio part on divx movies is lossy, but converting from one lossy format to another will hurt the audio quality even more.

Sorry to keep contradicting you, but you are not encoding from one lossy format to another. You're basically getting a pseudo-WAV that is actually an mp3, and then reverting it back to its real form.

I made a comparison with an avi music video I had, using one of my programs, and guess what? No difference whatsoever, which of course, only makes sense.....

EFISH
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2006, 03:27:45 PM »

HAha, well im uploading the MP3's right now.. high quality.. if you care to download them, you can compare for youself hihi

until then....
EFISH
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2006, 08:38:29 PM »

check the first post of this thread to download this full show in MP3 format (320kpbs).

well, heres the link again, anyway...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UGWFYM11
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: