Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:15:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 606339 times)
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #3660 on: November 21, 2006, 11:09:38 PM »

I tend to believe that Bumblefoot and Frank are the reason for the hold up... almost as if after a successful summer tour and start to a Fall tour- Axl (and perhaps the rest of the band) have decided that Bumblefoot and Frank are more than just "stand-in's" for Bucket and Brain and should be on the album. Provided that the "creative" (i.e. writing solos, etc.) process is over on CD (and God we hope it is)- getting great musicians like BBF and Frank to simply re-record some of Bucket and/or Brain's parts shouldn't take very long...

"shouldn't take very long ..." Yeah, right. None of this should have taken very long. That's exactly what I'm afraid of. BBF, Frank recording, thus delaying significantly CD.

If Frank is re-doing the drums...expect it to take a LONG time.  I've been in a couple groups and I know from personal experience it's not exactly easy to re-record drums.  You'd be better off doing the whole song all over again.  I personally don't think re-doing the drums would be worth it.

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #3661 on: November 21, 2006, 11:45:40 PM »

Meh. Vegas DVD needs to be liberated to be honest.

smells like John M was knee deep in the negotiations.

yup. I've always been told he has it amongst other things (cd demo's) and told to not buy into his denials about it.

He apparently buried the Worcester 2006 DVD. Bought the masters and buried it.

Tell me more about the Worcester DVD, I was there.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #3662 on: November 21, 2006, 11:47:01 PM »

yup. I've always been told he has it amongst other things (cd demo's) and told to not buy into his denials about it.

I wish I had it. It was being sold on ebay, but the masters were bought. Now the DVD is no longer around.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #3663 on: November 21, 2006, 11:58:33 PM »

John M. may be the worst hoarder in the GN'R community.  no

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Mooch
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3664 on: November 22, 2006, 12:09:09 AM »

I wish I had it. It was being sold on ebay, but the masters were bought. Now the DVD is no longer around.

I was there front row and would love it also.  It has to be out there somewhere right?
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #3665 on: November 22, 2006, 12:15:12 AM »

man, i remember how crazy the board was when those songs leaked.  what a great night.  hope to have another like that someday soon with the release of the album.

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #3666 on: November 22, 2006, 12:17:51 AM »

I was there front row and would love it also.  It has to be out there somewhere right?

I was right-center, in front of Finck's pedal, where were you at the bar? Anyway, yeah I'd love to find it somewhere. What a great show.
Mooch
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3667 on: November 22, 2006, 12:23:25 AM »

I was right-center, in front of Finck's pedal, where were you at the bar? Anyway, yeah I'd love to find it somewhere. What a great show.

I was dead center right in front of Axl.  Had to get to the venue 9 hours early for it, but it was worth it!!
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #3668 on: November 22, 2006, 12:26:29 AM »

I was dead center right in front of Axl.  Had to get to the venue 9 hours early for it, but it was worth it!!

Hell, I drove down from Albany NY and was there from about 2PM on. Remember when they were nice enough to move us outside in the rain? I prolly talked to you in line, there weren't many of us for a long time, not until 5 or 6 did anyone really start showing up.
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3669 on: November 22, 2006, 02:09:55 AM »

John M. may be the worst hoarder in the GN'R community.? no

You know, and I cannot understand WHY anyone would do that.  What good is it to enjoy something alone?  Or to know something sucks alone?

Meh.  Has a great site, but............................................
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3670 on: November 22, 2006, 02:36:12 AM »

They were leaked to test the response on the new material.

You have no proof to back that up.

In fact, it is more likely someone who worked in the studio before the label closed shop lifted and leaked them to the public.

Management not giving a shit about it and all of them being played on the following tour says enough for me. Add that Axl mentioned them a in an interview for the first time a couple of weeks before.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #3671 on: November 22, 2006, 02:41:04 AM »

I was there front row and would love it also.? It has to be out there somewhere right?

I was dead center right in front of Axl.? Had to get to the venue 9 hours early for it, but it was worth it!!

Hell, I drove down from Albany NY and was there from about 2PM on. Remember when they were nice enough to move us outside in the rain? I prolly talked to you in line, there weren't many of us for a long time, not until 5 or 6 did anyone really start showing up.

Yeah I remembered when that fat gray haired idiot with the yellow shirt that made him look like a sun told us all to go outside of the lobby and stand in the rain.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
cocoscum
Opening Act

So far out from the shore

« Reply #3672 on: November 22, 2006, 03:47:30 AM »

Hey I was at the worcester show early too.  I was the short dude with the long hair with the tall white guy and black guy.  I was in front of bumblefoot for the show.  If theres a boot, let me know.

Trust me.  I'm probably drunk.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3673 on: November 22, 2006, 03:55:11 AM »

In fact, it is more likely someone who worked in the studio before the label closed shop lifted and leaked them to the public.

Management not giving a shit about it and all of them being played on the following tour says enough for me. Add that Axl mentioned them a in an interview for the first time a couple of weeks before.
Agreed, there are strong indications that the leaks were intentional. Axl wouldn't be joking ("downloading motherfuckers") if they were not... And they wouldn't be playing them. Can you see Axl playing songs live just because an asshole leaked them ? Come on...

Plus, did they even try to identify the leakers ? Of course not.

By the way, there are still five tuesdays to release the album. Dec 26th is unlikely though, 'cause people will be fed up buying things.

Nov. 28th ?
Dec. 5th ?
Dec. 12th ?
Dec 19th ?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 04:44:44 AM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #3674 on: November 22, 2006, 03:57:56 AM »

Management asked several messageboards to take down links. In addition, they were actively searching for the source of the leaks. The final leak of Checkmate apparantly was a big middle finger to management. To say they didn't care, is not accurate at all.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #3675 on: November 22, 2006, 04:08:19 AM »

i thought check mate ws only leaked as like 12 seconds of shitty quality blah. is ther something im missing, it wouldnt really call it a leak if its only 12 secs

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3676 on: November 22, 2006, 04:11:43 AM »

Management asked several messageboards to take down links. In addition, they were actively searching for the source of the leaks. The final leak of Checkmate apparantly was a big middle finger to management. To say they didn't care, is not accurate at all.

Of course they requested the links removed, that's mandatory. The fact is they didn't react on the situation until CITR leaked, which came from a different source. That's the source they were looking to track down.

You think it is a coincedence they play all the leaks from the first source, but not the second? A coincedence that Axl talked about those specific songs and doesn't seem to care about them being leaked? Joking about it?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #3677 on: November 22, 2006, 04:21:55 AM »

I saw on MTV - Sweden last night...The same show that claimed that the 21: th was gonna be THE date....They siad that it will not come in November..but..we all already knew that Tongue

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #3678 on: November 22, 2006, 04:37:58 AM »

yeah, MTV Norway also said that it would not come out in 2006. They showed Axl footage, when he presented The Killers.
And they said they had heard some sources who had already listend to the album, said it was a masterpiece.

Guess it was Seb, from the Rollingstone interview..
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 04:39:31 AM by Nytunz » Logged

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #3679 on: November 22, 2006, 05:12:24 AM »

Of course they requested the links removed, that's mandatory. The fact is they didn't react on the situation until CITR leaked, which came from a different source. That's the source they were looking to track down.

You think it is a coincedence they play all the leaks from the first source, but not the second? A coincedence that Axl talked about those specific songs and doesn't seem to care about them being leaked? Joking about it?

Intriguing but I am not convinced. CITR may or may not be on the album; it also contained guitarwork from Brian May making it a very personal song.  The recording we heard is from 99; the song may be in a state of reconstruction at the time the tour started. Who knows really. I'm guessing, but you are correct to say that CITR is different from the other leaks.

Axl joked that so many had d/l the leaked tracks forcing him to jump start their plans; it was not a sarcastic or playful remark about the leaking itself.

From what I heard at the time, CITR actually may have been used to track down the leaker. The fear was that Prostitute would be leaked.  Management was actively searching for the leaker from the first day.

I think it is very possible that whoever contacted the source was interested in songtitles that were public, namely two that Axl had mentioned to the RS reporter. The leaker himself may have tried to mess with the frontman directly by leaking the tracks that were closest to Axl's heart.  The whole backstory of Checkmate leads me to believe that someone was playing games behind the scenes.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 05:18:46 AM by killingvector » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: