Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:15:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Prince
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prince  (Read 81790 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #280 on: April 21, 2016, 02:04:49 PM »

I dont.....i cant even...... Afd and Purple Rain were, and are, big parts of the soundtrack of my life.  I'm shocked. Way too young. He will be very missed.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #281 on: April 21, 2016, 02:09:55 PM »

Cry

Nothing to say
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #282 on: April 21, 2016, 02:14:45 PM »

Read that he was rushed to the hospital last week with Pneumonia and he was fighting it for the last several weeks.

We really have lost a lot of talent these last few months, Weiland, Lemmy, Bowie, Glen Frey, now Prince.  Sad

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:22:54 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Princess Leia
« Reply #283 on: April 21, 2016, 02:25:44 PM »

I just read about it. This is really a great lost. I'm shocked and sad. Prince was very talented and he was only 57. RIP  Cry
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #284 on: April 21, 2016, 02:43:42 PM »

Read that he was rushed to the hospital last week with Pneumonia and he was fighting it for the last several weeks.

We really have lost a lot of talent these last few months, Weiland, Lemmy, Bowie, Glen Frey, now Prince.  Sad

George Martin as well.

Prince hit me the most, especially as it was unexpected.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #285 on: April 21, 2016, 02:49:51 PM »

This is absolutely shocking.  We just lost one of the single most gifted musicians ever to grace Planet Earth.   Cry

Saw Prince in 2004 and it was mind-blowing.  Seeing him perform "Purple Rain" live was an almost religious experience.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:03:40 PM by Bridge » Logged
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #286 on: April 21, 2016, 05:41:39 PM »

RIP Prince......always loved his superbowl halftime show, His cover of Best Of You was awesome

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #287 on: April 21, 2016, 07:49:05 PM »

With the recent death of Prince perhaps GNR will honor him with a tribute..Maybe a Purple Rain intro into November Rain or Axl singing When Doves Cry or Little Niki..Any other thoughts from someone with a little more Prince background?
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #288 on: April 21, 2016, 09:49:47 PM »

Truly a one of a kind talent.

YouTube him doing 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' at the RNR HOF.  Dude crushed it.

I remember that, that was one of the most amazing guitar performances I have ever seen. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #289 on: April 21, 2016, 10:04:55 PM »

This is absolutely shocking.  We just lost one of the single most gifted musicians ever to grace Planet Earth.   Cry

Saw Prince in 2004 and it was mind-blowing.  Seeing him perform "Purple Rain" live was an almost religious experience.

I've seen him 6 or so times. At every show, PR was arranged, and sounded, differently. All amazing. To take a song like that, keep it recognizable, and yet make it a completely different experience every tour/show is one of the best exampkes of who he was as an artist that i can think of.

He was one of the most underrated (probably because his singing was so noteworthy) technicaly proficient guitar players on the planet.

His musical ear was just uncanny. I know he has faded a bit from the popular music scene, but even his more recent stuff is, musically, impressive.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #290 on: April 21, 2016, 10:06:40 PM »

With the recent death of Prince perhaps GNR will honor him with a tribute..Maybe a Purple Rain intro into November Rain or Axl singing When Doves Cry or Little Niki..Any other thoughts from someone with a little more Prince background?

Darling Niki is one of my favorite prince tunes, ever. Reminds me a TON of Rocket Queen.

Together again,
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #291 on: April 21, 2016, 10:13:46 PM »

So very sad whatever the cause.  Sad

PRINCE TREATED FOR DRUG OVERDOSE DAYS BEFORE DEATH

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince-treated-drug-overdose-dead/

Prince was treated for a drug overdose 6 days before his death ... multiple sources tell TMZ.

We broke the story ... Prince's private jet made an emergency landing in Moline, Illinois last Friday, hours after he performed in Atlanta. At the time his reps said he was battling the flu ... something we questioned because his plane was only 48 minutes from home before the unscheduled landing.

Multiple sources in Moline tell us, Prince was rushed to a hospital and doctors gave him a "save shot" ... typically administered to counteract the effects of an opiate.

Our sources further say doctors advised Prince to stay in the hospital for 24 hours. His people demanded a private room, and when they were told that wasn't possible ... Prince and co. decided to bail. The singer was released 3 hours after arriving and flew home.
We're told when Prince left he "was not doing well."

We know authorities in Minnesota are trying to get the hospital records from Moline to help determine cause of death.
We have made more than a dozen attempts to reach Prince's reps for comment, but they went radio silent.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #292 on: April 21, 2016, 10:40:06 PM »

Shocking if true. I never knew he had any drug issues.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #293 on: April 22, 2016, 01:42:04 AM »

I had never heard of any drug issues associated with him either, but unfortunately it's the first thing I thought of when I heard the news. It comes with the territory and most that experience the fortune and fame that he did fall into that lifestyle, whether we know it or not. Regardless, gone too soon. A one of a kind talent who will be missed greatly.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #294 on: April 22, 2016, 02:32:44 AM »

I had never heard of any drug issues associated with him either, but unfortunately it's the first thing I thought of when I heard the news. It comes with the territory and most that experience the fortune and fame that he did fall into that lifestyle, whether we know it or not. Regardless, gone too soon. A one of a kind talent who will be missed greatly.
From what i've heard he didn't even drink. So if this turns out to be true truly shocking.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #295 on: April 22, 2016, 07:43:30 AM »

From what i've heard he didn't even drink. So if this turns out to be true truly shocking.

He had long term hip and back issues (degenerative problems) so it wouldn't surprise me to hear he used opiates to control the pain.  IDK if he was self medicating or not.  We'll have to see what comes out in the end.

Together again,
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #296 on: April 22, 2016, 01:13:14 PM »

He had long term hip and back issues (degenerative problems) so it wouldn't surprise me to hear he used opiates to control the pain.  IDK if he was self medicating or not.  We'll have to see what comes out in the end.

PRINCE
PERCOCET TRIGGERED OD
Days Before Death

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/22/prince-od-percocet-death/

Prince had OD'd on Percocet days before his death, and he ingested so much, EMTs had to administer a "save shot" at the airport where his plane made an emergency landing to save his life.

Sources in Moline, Illinois tell TMZ, Prince's entourage told responders he had taken the painkiller after his Atlanta concert which triggered the emergency.

Percocet is a painkiller which contains a combination of acetaminophen and oxycodone, an opioid. It is highly addictive.

We're told Prince was taking painkillers for a hip problem. We're told he had corrective surgery for his hips around 2010.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #297 on: April 22, 2016, 03:03:23 PM »

Really sad man. Great performer and probably the very very most underrated guitarist of all time.

Sucks. Been playing Purple Rain on vinyl today.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #298 on: April 22, 2016, 03:16:01 PM »

PRINCE
PERCOCET TRIGGERED OD
Days Before Death

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/22/prince-od-percocet-death/

Prince had OD'd on Percocet days before his death, and he ingested so much, EMTs had to administer a "save shot" at the airport where his plane made an emergency landing to save his life.

Sources in Moline, Illinois tell TMZ, Prince's entourage told responders he had taken the painkiller after his Atlanta concert which triggered the emergency.

Percocet is a painkiller which contains a combination of acetaminophen and oxycodone, an opioid. It is highly addictive.

We're told Prince was taking painkillers for a hip problem. We're told he had corrective surgery for his hips around 2010.

That's even sadder.  One of the few musicians who was so clean throughout his career ends up going out like that.  Tragic, man.   Sad
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #299 on: April 22, 2016, 09:57:03 PM »

RIP Prince

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13