Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 06:09:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Limp Bizkit
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Limp Bizkit  (Read 60842 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2005, 06:42:31 PM »

i liked the band loads when i was younger, though that was before i heard real rock music. I never liked limp out of trend though. I still like them a little only because it was the album which got me into rock and metal. Luckily i progressed onto real good stuff. GNR, VR, Skid Row etc.

I will check there new album out though.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2005, 06:51:47 PM »

this is just a random thought off the top of my head on the issue

there is also a difference in music listeners

there are those who listen and those who hear.

People who listen, like the beat, the riff, the melody, it sounds cool, they listen to it gets old and move on

then there are those who hear the music, who live it and breathe it, the song becomes a part of you and your life, it becomes a soundtrack to your life and no matter how many years pass or where u are in life, when u hear that song u instantly can go back to that place, that mood, what the weather was like, the smells, how u felt.

GNR,Bon Jovi,Prince,RHCP's bands like this speak to me, i hear them

other bands i listen and dont consider myself a fan of.

most of the poser fans listen to music, but they dont hear a damn thing.

watch if CD is released, u will see many many many many poser fans. watch a year or two later after the novelty and the new and the hype wears off and the next big thing comes out, see how many stick around...

I hate those people!!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2005, 08:02:51 PM »

I can?t stand people who only listen to a band because it?s the hip cool thing to do.

one thing that I blame mtv for all these kids watch it and think I have to listen to this band cause every one else is .

Hell listen to it if you like it and fuck everybody else.

I heard Limps stuff for the first time through a friend and like it back during the first album .And I still like them ,granted everything they have done hasn?t been great but they make some really cool music to sit back and just rock out to .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2005, 04:52:36 AM »

Somehow they have a new album out....without anyone even realising - anyone have it, what's it like?

I've always had a soft spot for Limp Bizkit - while a good 50% of their album tracks are filler, they've put out some good stuff too, how does the new album compare?

Also, if u have nothing to contribute - don't, we all all know Limp Bizkit are hated, u don't have to prove it, i'll believe u anyway

if your a bizkit fan you deserve to have shit hung on you!!!

THEY FUCKIN' SUCK DUDE!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
usurper
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2005, 06:13:27 AM »

I didn't hear about the album until the day before its release I think its spilt into two parts so there another coming soon if thats correct

Thats System of a Down
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2005, 09:40:52 AM »

if your a bizkit fan you deserve to have shit hung on you!!!

THEY FUCKIN' SUCK DUDE!!

Thank you for that, and well done for realising when i said:

Also, if u have nothing to contribute - don't, we all all know Limp Bizkit are hated, u don't have to prove it, i'll believe u anyway

...I was actually implying people should do the opposite. The other people in this thread missed that, well done to you Roll Eyes

Back on track, appears there are a few fans of the Bizkit on the board, what's your favourite albums, tracks etc?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2005, 09:41:38 AM »

I didn't hear about the album until the day before its release I think its spilt into two parts so there another coming soon if thats correct

Thats System of a Down

The new Limp Bizkit album is title 'part one', so i'd guess more is on the way.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2005, 02:34:00 PM »

rearranged is the first Limp Bizkit song i got into, Im not a huge fan of some of their overplayed hits

I dig Life in the Fast Lane off Chocolate Starfish, No Sex is one a really great song.

I just really love the entire Results May Vary record.

its so mature and introspective and hit me at a time in my life where every song related perfectly to me.

Let Me Down shouldve been a single as well as Lonely World, Fred picked the wrong singles.

Every song on there is great, Down Another Day, almost over,Drown, I even like the somewhat corny red light green light rap with Snoop

It is one of my fav CDS ive ever owned, I still listen to it pretty regularly.

Fred is an extremely underrated lyricist.

usurper
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2005, 03:01:24 PM »

Thats System of a Down

The new Limp Bizkit album is title 'part one', so i'd guess more is on the way.

My mistake.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2005, 11:58:15 PM »

I would rank the albums like this

Results May Very
Three Dollar Bill, Y'All
the Unquestionable Truth Part One
Significant Other
Chocolate Starfish and The Hot Dog Flavored Water.

Some of my fav. Tracks are
Underneath the Gun
Down Another Day
Build A Bridge
Sour    
Stalemate
The Truth
The Priest
No Sex
Break Stuff
Boiler

RichardNixon
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2005, 12:07:41 AM »

Results May Vary was one of the? best records that i have bought in th 21st century, I still listen to it very regularly.

I bought the new cd and its ok so far, its definitely one that im gonna have to listen to over and over.

I dont understand why so many people hate on Fred and Limp, I think they kick ass.

Results May Vary makes "St. Anger" look like Abby Road.
RichardNixon
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2005, 12:11:24 AM »

People hate Fred Durst because he had an embarrassing infatuation with Brittany Spears, has no vocal talent, is a clueless, illiterate ape, and is probably the worst frontman ever, in the history of rock.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2005, 12:13:49 AM »

Results May Vary was one of the  best records that i have bought in th 21st century, I still listen to it very regularly.

I bought the new cd and its ok so far, its definitely one that im gonna have to listen to over and over.

I dont understand why so many people hate on Fred and Limp, I think they kick ass.

Results May Vary makes "St. Anger" look like Abby Road.

And some would say that Abby Road sucks

No I don't think Abby road sucks ,but eveybody is going to have a differant opinion on what they think is good and what they think isn't.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2005, 12:57:56 AM »

Dick Nixon u must have never ever seen Fred Durst in concert. He goes off! not verymany frontmen possess his energy.

Results May Vary is a great album, every song is great in my opinion. i dont skip a track.

I havent got to listen to the unquestionable truth cd yet, i listned to it once but I cant seem to get NIN's "With Teeth" out of my CD player

when i drive home from my girlfriends house *3 hour 20 minute drive* I usually listen to Bon Jovi boxset cd 1, VR contraband,Motley Crue red white and crue disc 1 or 2, Results May vary sometimes, RHCP By The Way and ill listen to one, put in the next etc

coming home today i listened to "with teeth" 3 times all the way through, im so glad i bought that cd.

but im gonna put it away for a minute and concentrate on the new cd.

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2005, 08:10:02 AM »

Fred is an extremely underrated lyricist.

i strongly disagree dude.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2005, 08:13:57 AM »

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Die already.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2005, 02:00:38 PM »

Though its blighted by some really bad filler tracks, 'Chocolate Starfish' has to be my favourite - there are 5-6 really good rock songs on there and while Durst is a dubious character Limp Bizkit songs have a lot of energy and are 'fun'. Close second is significant other, probably a better album overall on a song for song basis.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
psycotron
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2005, 01:59:37 AM »

good thing he didnt have tits or he wouldve tried to be a spice girl.
rofl thanx for that. that was the funniest thing ive heard for a while

that freind that told me that AC/DC sucks. he asked me if if I liked the killers. I laughed my ass off and said they are gay. haha the killers. maybe my freind wants a boyfreind that looks like a girlfreind. hes teasing me for liking AC/DC. the killers only just got popular I think. im not sure i dont listen to the radio anymore  Grin. he likes all the crap on the radio but that ok he can listen to that if he wants. i was surprised that he asked if I could burn my appetite cd. i didnt think he would have heard of GnR. at least he doesnt tell me GnR suck.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2005, 03:17:49 AM »

that freind that told me that AC/DC sucks. he asked me if if I liked the killers. I laughed my ass off and said they are gay. haha the killers. maybe my freind wants a boyfreind that looks like a girlfreind. hes teasing me for liking AC/DC. the killers only just got popular I think. im not sure i dont listen to the radio anymore Grin. he likes all the crap on the radio but that ok he can listen to that if he wants. i was surprised that he asked if I could burn my appetite cd. i didnt think he would have heard of GnR. at least he doesnt tell me GnR suck.

I think I agree with your frIEnd more than your frIEnd's frIEnd.  Your frIEnd's frIEnd thinks the Killers are "gay", but your frIEnd likes them.  I'd have to agree with your frIEnd.

.. but don't worry if you don't appreciate all of the Killers' catchy songs, it could be worse, you could be "im rickjames bitch".   ok

So how come this Limp Bizkit CD was released without anyone knowing about it?  There must have been absolutely no promotion for it.  I wonder if that was done on purpose... if the album catches on late after its release, the band can seem legit and claim they are successful based on the quality of their material (as opposed to promoting the CD and having it flop *cough* Results May Vary).
psycotron
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2005, 03:56:41 AM »

I think I agree with your frIEnd more than your frIEnd's frIEnd. Your frIEnd's frIEnd thinks the Killers are "gay", but your frIEnd likes them. I'd have to agree with your frIEnd.

.. but don't worry if you don't appreciate all of the Killers' catchy songs, it could be worse, you could be "im rickjames bitch". ok
what the fuck are u talking about? freinds freind? there was just me and my freind not 3 people. who the fuck is im rickjames bitch?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: