Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:24:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Black Label Society Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Black Label Society Thread  (Read 41668 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2005, 06:56:37 AM »

I would have given my left nut to see that.

I will see them in June but I don't wanna sacrifice any piece of mine  Shocked

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2005, 09:06:31 AM »

the new album  is great.  I really enjoy the song "Death March".  I've got most of BLS albums and I do enjoy Zakks vocals.  The one issue with me is the drumming.  His albums have the most boring drumming ive ever heard.   Same tempo, just hi-hat and snare for the most part.  If Zakk just allows the drummer more flexability I think all of the albums would be awesome.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2005, 04:28:16 PM »

Eagle Rock Entertainment has announced the relaunch of its hard rock and heavy metal label Spitfire Records. The relaunch includes new releases from THE DUKE, featuring former STUCK MOJO and FOZZY guitarist Rich Ward, and Georgia-based sleaze-rockers NASHVILLE PUSSY. Additionally, starting May 2, Spitfire will lower prices on its extensive hard rock and heavy metal catalog, which includes TWISTED SISTER, ALICE COOPER, TED NUGENT and DIO.

Originally launched in 1999, Spitfire has a history of nurturing both new and veteran hard rock and heavy metal artists, and is filling up its 2005 release schedule. First up is "My Kung-Fu Is Good" from Rich Ward's THE DUKE on May 3. Featuring Ward's own melodic hooks and instantly recognizable brutal riffage, "My Kung Fu is Good" establishes Ward not only as a guitar hero, but also as a brilliant singer and songwriter. Later this summer, Spitfire will release NASHVILLE PUSSY's long-awaited fourth studio album, "Get Some". Also in the pipeline are a "best of" compilation from BLACK LABEL SOCIETY due this summer, and a new studio album from SEBASTIAN BACH, due in the fourth quarter.

"Spitfire's has a long-standing reputation with the hard rock and heavy metal community. We're excited to be back with strong releases from THE DUKE and NASHVILLE PUSSY, and have more on tap for the rest of 2005," said Eagle Rock Entertainment Executive VP and President of North American Operations Mike Carden. "Our new pricing also offers fans a wallet-friendly price on everything in our catalog, from ALICE COOPER to ZAKK WYLDE." Other Spitfire recordings include CRADLE OF FILTH, OVERKILL, TESTAMENT and YNGWIE MALMSTEEN.

Beginning May 2, Spitfire will reduce prices on most single-disc titles to $13.98, and on double-disc titles to $15.98. Titles priced $13.98 and lower will not be affected. Spitfire will support the re-pricing with advertising in Revolver, Metal Edge and Metal Maniacs and work with Concrete Corner to coordinate visibility in retail locations. The label will also use street team marketing to build awareness and will create a dedicated blog page on MySpace.com to reach out to current and potential street team members.

Eagle Rock Entertainment develops, acquires and produces music programming for a wide range of notable and high profile artists, which the company distributes on a worldwide basis. Eagle Rock Entertainment, Eagle Vision and Eagle Eye Media are wholly owned divisions of Eagle Rock Group, LTD. The company's corporate headquarters are in London, with offices in New York, Paris and Hamburg.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2005, 04:31:40 PM »

Why can't Sebastian Bach join BLS? That'd be great, these two guys could own the whole world. Zakk'd write music and help Seb with the lyrics/vocal melodies... Dream, dream, dream.

Rollin' on the streets
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2005, 09:32:26 AM »

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's show at the House of Blues in West Holywood, California Thursday night (May 5) ended early after the group's mainman, Zakk Wylde, reportedly snapped at one of his roadies and hinted from the stage that he had gotten into a fight with his wife prior to the concert. The following report was sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET from a visitor by the name of Jimmy Pop:

"BLACK LABEL SOCIETY played the Hollywood House Of Blues last night and from the start of the show the band seemed off and Zakk didn't seem into, but I figured it was no big deal. When he finally talked to the crowd before 'In The River' and was going to talk about his Dimebag guitar, he mentioned to the crowd that just before the show he got into a physical fight with his wife and she was throwing punches at him. Then he talked about Dimebag and went into the song and didn't mention anything else about his fight with his wife. He soloed during the song for what seemed like over 10 minutes. Really, really long and self-indulgent. At just under 60 minutes, Zakk took off his Bullseye guitar from center stage after they played 'Suicide Messiah' and threw it at the monitor board/monitor man and started bitching about the monitors being fucked up and that he'd 'lay the hand of God down on somebody in a New York minute' if it wasn't fixed. Then he told the soundman that he couldn't hear shit all night and he just wanted to go home to his wife and kids and to get it all over with. He then refused to take another guitar from his tech and walked back and forth onstage as the band started jamming. He looked like he was going to start fighting people. He kneeled down on the side of the stage for a while, and then walked off. The band was still playing during this time and he finally came back on. He strapped on his orange Buzzsaw guitar, but then threw his beer cup at somebody behind the monitors. It looked like he threw it at a woman but I could be wrong.

"Anyway, he then turned around, took off his guitar, and threw it deep into the crowd and walked off. The drummer then kicked over his drums and the show was over. The whole tantrum thing lasted about 5 minutes and the band barely played 60 minutes.

"On the way out, I heard some roadies tell the doormen to make sure the guitar doesn't leave the building, and somebody else also said Zakk was headed to rehab tomorrow. This might also have to do with the story you put up a few days ago about Zakk destroying a bar with a baseball bat. He definitely has some anger-management issues and seemed a bit drunk onstage tonight. I've seen BLS many times before and tonight was the worst, and quite a letdown."

HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2005, 09:52:57 PM »

Am I the only person who thinks that "Malcolm" is the most obvious plant in the history of rabble-rousing? Someone who states in their first post that Mafia is the first BLS album they've heard and then proceeds to answer all of your questions on the band?! And makes post after post with interviews and pics?

BLS and Zakk are great, and they don't need hokey fake-ass cheerleaders like Malcolm to gather up support.

Malcolm; Are you getting a percentage on sales? Or do you run a BLS website or something? Full disclosure, wench!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2005, 05:08:03 AM »

Smoke my monkey......................i dont care if malcolm is a sales guy he makes alot of interesting posts on most of the music i like at that exact time  ok

Anyway people since my last post i have moved on to get all there albums, if it wasnt for this thread i would never have listened to them so  beer to  you all.

I also like ozzys solo stuff now lol.

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2005, 08:21:22 AM »

Am I the only person who thinks that "Malcolm" is the most obvious plant in the history of rabble-rousing? Someone who states in their first post that Mafia is the first BLS album they've heard and then proceeds to answer all of your questions on the band?! And makes post after post with interviews and pics?

BLS and Zakk are great, and they don't need hokey fake-ass cheerleaders like Malcolm to gather up support.

Malcolm; Are you getting a percentage on sales? Or do you run a BLS website or something? Full disclosure, wench!

No dude..Id never really listened to them until I bought this album because i knew theyd be at Ozzfest again and i was going..So I went and got it and i fuckin loved it..I never knew Zakk could sing that well..so ive been a huge fan ever since..I love Fire It Up..its a fuckin killer tune and In This River and I Never Dreamed are amazing..Im gettin into there older stuff now..So no im not tryin togatyher up support for them..I just love them now

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2005, 12:17:15 PM »

http://www.m-cylinder.com/indexflash.htm Go to music videos and you can check out 3 BLS videos

Suicide Messiah
Fire It Up &
In This River

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2005, 05:39:51 PM »

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY have cancelled their June 2 show at the Bradford Town & Country Club in England due to frontman Zakk Wylde "wanting a day off to preserve his voice for the rest of the tour," according to a posting on the Bradford Rio web site. Unconfirmed reports suggest that the band are scheduled to film a live DVD at their June 3 concert at the London Astoria, which is believed to have been the primary reason for the cancellation of the Bradford show.

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's Bradford show was previously upgraded from the Bradford Rio to the Bradford Town & Country Club due to "overwhelming demand" for tickets.

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY are touring in support of their latest CD, "Mafia", available now on Artemis Records.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2005, 07:32:21 AM »

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY were forced to cancel their June 5 concert in Copenhagen, Denmark after frontman Zakk Wylde was reportedly taken ill. It is not presently clear if any other dates on the tour will be affected by the cancellation.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2005, 07:36:18 PM »

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY have issued a statement explaining the cancellation of their June 5 concert in Copenhagen, Denmark . It reads as follows:

"BLACK LABEL SOCIETY apologizes to the fans who were planning on attending the show in Copenhagen last night. Unfortunately, the promoter of the show was NOT able to meet the show's contract rider requirements, therefore forefitting BLS' appearance at the show. The band and the entire Doom Crew Inc. look forward to seeing you next time in Copenhagen!"

As previously reported, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY cancelled their June 2 show at the Bradford Town & Country Club in England due to frontman Zakk Wylde "wanting a day off to preserve his voice for the rest of the tour," according to a posting on the Bradford Rio web site. Unconfirmed reports suggested that the band were scheduled to film a live DVD at their June 3 concert at the London Astoria, which was believed to have been the primary reason for the cancellation of the Bradford show.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2005, 06:44:12 AM »

I hope they won't cancel the Hungarian date.

And hope that I'll have the money to afford it

Rollin' on the streets
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2005, 04:52:00 PM »

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY mainman Zakk Wylde took part in an album-signing session at HMV in London, England on Friday (June 3).

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2005, 03:50:44 PM »

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's June 15 show at the Petofi Hall in Budapest, Hungary has reportedly been cancelled due to "logistical problems." No further details are currently available.

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY had previously cancelled their June 5 concert in Copenhagen, Denmark because "the promoter of the show was not able to meet the show's contract rider requirements," according to an official statement released by the band.

As previously reported, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY cancelled their June 2 show at the Bradford Town & Country Club in England due to frontman Zakk Wylde "wanting a day off to preserve his voice for the rest of the tour," according to a posting on the Bradford Rio web site. Unconfirmed reports suggested that the band were scheduled to film a live DVD at their June 3 concert at the London Astoria, which was believed to have been the primary reason for the cancellation of the Bradford show.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2005, 02:04:45 PM »

According to MTV.com, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY have shot a video for the "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott tribute track "In This River" with director Eric Zimmerman (MEGADETH, NAPALM DEATH). In the video, mainman Zakk Wylde's seen strumming an acoustic guitar and seated at a grand piano set in the middle of a flowing river. Once the song reaches the guitar solo, the Wyldeman smashes his guitar and sets the piano ablaze.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2005, 02:22:22 PM »

Zakk Cancells more shows than GNR - to bad for the poor bastards who wanted to see them

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2005, 02:34:49 PM »

How many albums does BLS have?

what other bands would you compare them to?

and what is the best one get first?

I always eye their cds when I go into a music store but never get it

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2005, 02:41:34 PM »

How many albums does BLS have?

A fair number about 6 i think

what other bands would you compare them to?

They don't break any new ground - they sound pretty much as u'd expect - just good ol-fashioned hard rocking, i suppose early Pantera

and what is the best one get first?

I'd get The Blessed Hellride, thats my favourite

I always eye their cds when I go into a music store but never get it

Take a chance, they ain't black metal!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 02:52:28 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2005, 02:49:02 PM »

Id get Mafia