Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:55:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Bon Jovi Vs. (insert band)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bon Jovi Vs. (insert band)  (Read 41353 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #260 on: November 14, 2008, 04:33:20 AM »

No I wasn't.

What an old guy thing to say.

Go drink your Metamucil before all the powder settles on the bottom of your World's Greatest Grandpa mug.

I was just pointing that out because you love to follow me around in the different threads to tell me how "old" I am...yes 27 is ancient....I get it..., it was funny the first 50 times you said it...you talk like you are 14 but you are in your 20's yourself arent you?  hihi

Another old guy thing to do.  Make everyone older than they really are so the old guy doesn't feel as old.

I'll come volunteer at your home.  I'll follow the president-elects' example and give back to the community.

hihi  I give up...at least you are cool to talk basketball with...

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2008, 05:06:21 AM »

No I wasn't.

What an old guy thing to say.

Go drink your Metamucil before all the powder settles on the bottom of your World's Greatest Grandpa mug.

I was just pointing that out because you love to follow me around in the different threads to tell me how "old" I am...yes 27 is ancient....I get it..., it was funny the first 50 times you said it...you talk like you are 14 but you are in your 20's yourself arent you?  hihi

Another old guy thing to do.  Make everyone older than they really are so the old guy doesn't feel as old.

I'll come volunteer at your home.  I'll follow the president-elects' example and give back to the community.

hihi  I give up...at least you are cool to talk basketball with...

And you're cool for taking all the abuse I give you like a man.

An OLLLLLLLLLLLLLD MAN!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #262 on: November 14, 2008, 07:19:52 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiF9HswNMSg "we are about to rock. oh but whats this chorus, well we thought we'd just gay it up for you"

rofl  Nice.  I remember when I first heard of them, and I listened to that album and got to that chorus and thought "WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!".  Yeah...super lame chorus.  It goes from respectably metal (though far from killer metal) to corporate pop with the flick of a switch.
Its just a very bad transition and a very bad move to make when you have a cool verse riff like that.

agreed with the shitty chorus...luckily the other 75 songs they have make up for 1 shitty chorus...and as far as being taken seriously..Mr Lee,arent you fan of Airbourne?? Airboure? Really?  I thought they were a parody band like Spinal Tap when I first heard them...Im still not sure what they are....and you give respect to Nickelback?  That right there says enough...
Lol Airbourne shits over Avenged Sevenfold.

No bullshit. Just jeans t-shirt, long hair and rock n fuckin roll.

There live show is tons better than A7X. The energy is immense, Avenged Sevenfold are boring, especially the singer, what a cunt.

html sucks
GeraldFord
« Reply #263 on: March 28, 2009, 11:05:38 AM »

Bon Jovi vs. The Jimi Hendrix Experience
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #264 on: March 28, 2009, 01:38:12 PM »

^I think there are few bands who would sound cooler/better/funnier if they were "The [lead singer's name] Experience".

The John Lennon Experience?

The James Hetfield Experience?

The Vince Neil Experience?

The Axl Rose Experience??

All awesome names.

So to answer the question, I'd probably have to go for Hendrix, but only because I own the 3 albums, while I have, like, 2 Bon Jovi songs Tongue. I like Hendrix's stuff, but I prefer Zeppelin, Sabbath, Stones etc. from that era.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
GeraldFord
« Reply #265 on: March 28, 2009, 02:34:50 PM »

There was really, yes....The C.C. Deville Experience in like 1992.... hihi

No albums though...
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #266 on: March 28, 2009, 11:49:23 PM »

Bon Jovi is so much better than some folks want to admit.  People don't give them enough credit.  They've listened to the songs they hear on the radio, and have never listened to anything else.  Jon Bon Jovi is a very talented singer/songwriter, AND he puts on one of the best shows around.  If you don't think so, you need to really go out and listen to some of the stuff he has written... the stuff that doesn't get released.  If you have done that, and still aren't impressed, then so be it.  I'll never understand ya, but to each his own.

To say they have sold out is insane.  I hate when people say that about any band who does something different.  I'm pretty sure that musicians that are able to withstand the test of time do so because they, like anyone who really likes music, have an appreciation for all musical genres, and if they want to experiment with some of those genres, I wouldn't call it selling out; I'd say, they are actually showing their versatility.  They just don't pretend to be something they aren't.  They aren't the same guys that had the lifestyles that produced Slippery, (thank God, because how sad would that be 20+ years later?), and while they can still sing the shit of it, they can turn around and do something different just as well.  If anything, a band that goes a different direction once in a while and manages to pull it off is just proving how good they really are.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #267 on: March 29, 2009, 12:36:11 AM »

The C.C. Deville Experience vs. a band of mini Bon Jovis.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #268 on: March 29, 2009, 01:17:11 AM »

Snake Sabo used to play in BJ!

He didn't play in the band.  He grew up near Jon, and Jon helped him and Skid Row get their start.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #269 on: March 29, 2009, 07:18:01 AM »

He didn't play in the band.  He grew up near Jon, and Jon helped him and Skid Row get their start.
no, he did play on a demo recording Jon sent to a label to get signed.

html sucks
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #270 on: March 29, 2009, 06:59:29 PM »

And then ripped off Skid Row and their hard earned $$$$$$.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #271 on: March 30, 2009, 10:53:44 AM »

Bach beat the shit out of him though right?

html sucks
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #272 on: March 30, 2009, 03:19:48 PM »

Not really no :-)

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #273 on: March 30, 2009, 10:44:56 PM »

Bach beat the shit out of him though right?

I don't know.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: