Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 08:32:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227927 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Bryan Adams/Def Leppard Tour
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bryan Adams/Def Leppard Tour  (Read 29830 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: March 03, 2005, 04:30:47 PM »

According to OurSports Central, DEF LEPPARD and BRYAN ADAMS will perform at the Community America Ballpark, Kansas City, Kansas on August 3. Kansas City T-Bones season ticket holders have first chance at the tickets between March 28 at 10 a.m. and April 1 at 5 p.m. Tickets for the general public go on sale April 2 at 10 a.m. The joint DEF LEPPARD/BRYAN ADAMS tour will also make a stop at the SBC Bricktown Ballpark, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma sometime this summer, according to The Daily Oklahoman. The baseball stadium is home to the Triple A minor league team Oklahoma RedHawks and seats over 13,000. Meanwhile, a LEPPARD/ADAMS date at the Arrowhead Credit Union Park in San Bernardino, California is planned for June, according to the San Bernardino County Sun.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 04:23:22 PM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
journey
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 01:49:56 AM »

I wanna go!!  Cheesy

Hope they tour near my state.

Def Leppard is a great live band. I haven't seen Bryan Adams in concert, but I've always wanted to.

So cool!
RichardNixon
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 04:41:44 AM »

Good grief Roll Eyes

It's hard to believe that Def Leppard USED to be a great band. There first album, "On Through the Night"? sounds like Judas Priest and kicks a lot of ass and is really underrated. The next album "High and Dry" sounds a bit like AC/DC and is a classic. "Pyromania" and "Hysteria" are two of the best albums in the pop-metal genre.

But boy, have they really gonna down the crapper ever since.? Def Leppard suck without Steve Clarke.

There last album "X" sucked big fat moose balls. It's hard to imagine when listening to "High and Dry" that this band would one day go on tour with a pansy like Bryan Adams. Def Leppard are a shell of their former selves and are dragging a great band's name though the mud.? Now a bunch of Matchbox 20 listening yuppies can go rock out to a ghost of a legend. Give it up boys.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 04:43:26 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 12:12:15 PM »

Good grief Roll Eyes

It's hard to believe that Def Leppard USED to be a great band. There first album, "On Through the Night"? sounds like Judas Priest and kicks a lot of ass and is really underrated. The next album "High and Dry" sounds a bit like AC/DC and is a classic. "Pyromania" and "Hysteria" are two of the best albums in the pop-metal genre.

But boy, have they really gonna down the crapper ever since.? Def Leppard suck without Steve Clarke.

There last album "X" sucked big fat moose balls. It's hard to imagine when listening to "High and Dry" that this band would one day go on tour with a pansy like Bryan Adams. Def Leppard are a shell of their former selves and are dragging a great band's name though the mud.? Now a bunch of Matchbox 20 listening yuppies can go rock out to a ghost of a legend. Give it up boys.

Go listen to Euphoria, no Steve Clarke work there and i find it as good as past offerings and certainly guitar wise its more than a worthy Def Leppard album.

Even if they have gone downhill they play the old stuff live and sound fantastic, would u prefer they broke up? I'd rather they carried on if for nothing else than their live shows.

Personally i think if 'X' is ignored they are still going very strong.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 06:33:00 PM »

I've never seen either perform but I'd really liked to. And it would be cool to catch both of them on the same bill. Maybe they'll come to the Birmingham Barons ballpark.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 01:59:53 AM »

Saw 'em live 3 times. Last show was the best, even the songs they played from X.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 04:57:23 PM »

DEF LEPPARD and BRYAN ADAMS will co-headline headline the Rock 'N Roll Double-Header Tour this summer, according to a press release. Two of the most popular rock acts to ever take the stage, will team up for the first time and perform at 26 minor league baseball stadiums. BRYAN ADAMS and DEF LEPPARD, combined, have sold more than 100,000,000 albums worldwide. Each made their album debut in 1980 ? and 25 years later they are still hitting home runs as each releases a new album in 2005.

Only five rock groups can claim two original albums selling 10,000,000+ copies each in the U.S.: THE BEATLES, LED ZEPPELIN, PINK FLOYD, VAN HALEN and DEF LEPPARD. The British band's blockbuster "Pyromania" hit #2 and 10 times platinum; "Hysteria" soared even higher ? #1 and 13 times platinum. Still swinging for the fences, this coming May they'll release "Rock of Ages: The Definitive Collection", the band's biggest-ever "best of" album and the first two-CD set in the group's phenomenal career.

Confirmed DEF LEPPARD/BRYAN ADAMS dates:

Jun. 01 - Portland, OR @ PGE Park
Jun. 03 - San Jose, CA @ Municipal Stadium
Jun. 04 - Fresno, CA @ Fresno Grizzlies Stadium
Jun. 05 - San Bernardino, CA @ Arrowhead Credit Union Park
Jun. 07 - Mesa, AZ @ HohoKam Park
Jun. 08 - El Paso, TX @ Cohen Stadium
Jun. 10 - Oklahoma City, OK @ SBC Bricktown Ballpark
Jun. 11 - Ft. Worth, TX @ LaGrave Field
Jul. 01 - Camden, NJ @ Campbell's Field
Jul. 02 - Lancaster, PA @ Clippers Magazine Stadium
Jul. 03 - Wappingers Falls, NY @ Dutchess Stadium
Jul. 05 - Lakewood, NJ @ FirstEnergy Park
Jul. 06 - Brockton, MA @ Campanelli Stadium
Jul. 08 - Aberdeen, MD @ Ripken Stadium
Jul. 09 - Brooklyn, NY @ KeySpan Park
Jul. 10 - Rochester, NY @ Frontier Field
Jul. 29 - St. Paul, MN @ Midway Stadium
Jul. 30 - Schaumburg, IL @ Alexian Field
Jul. 31 - Davenport, IA @ John O'Donnell Stadium
Aug. 02 - Lincoln, NE @ Haymarket Park
Aug. 03 - Kansas City, KS @ Community America Ballpark
Aug. 05 - South Bend, IN @ Coveleski Stadium
Aug. 06 - Eastlake, OH @ Eastlake Stadium
Aug. 07 - Charleston, WV @ Appalachian Power Park
Aug. 09 - Dayton, OH @ Fifth Third Field
Aug. 10 - Lansing, MI @ Oldsmobile Park

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 06:37:13 PM »

Not one scheduled concert in the Southeast. Undecided

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
journey
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 12:46:05 AM »

Yeah, I was hoping they would too. But maybe they'll add more dates.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005, 10:22:44 AM »

Good grief Roll Eyes

It's hard to believe that Def Leppard USED to be a great band. There first album, "On Through the Night"  sounds like Judas Priest and kicks a lot of ass and is really underrated. The next album "High and Dry" sounds a bit like AC/DC and is a classic. "Pyromania" and "Hysteria" are two of the best albums in the pop-metal genre.

But boy, have they really gonna down the crapper ever since.  Def Leppard suck without Steve Clarke.

There last album "X" sucked big fat moose balls. It's hard to imagine when listening to "High and Dry" that this band would one day go on tour with a pansy like Bryan Adams. Def Leppard are a shell of their former selves and are dragging a great band's name though the mud.  Now a bunch of Matchbox 20 listening yuppies can go rock out to a ghost of a legend. Give it up boys.

Go listen to Euphoria, no Steve Clarke work there and i find it as good as past offerings and certainly guitar wise its more than a worthy Def Leppard album.

Even if they have gone downhill they play the old stuff live and sound fantastic, would u prefer they broke up? I'd rather they carried on if for nothing else than their live shows.

Personally i think if 'X' is ignored they are still going very strong.

Agree on that, Euphoria is a good record and its without steve clark, we all miss him but that record is one of the good ones without steve just along with retroactive.  peace
I hope I can saw them this year  Smiley

No man can be my equal
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2005, 06:22:29 PM »

Not that I like either - but no concert in Canada???!?!?!? This would make a killing there in select cities.....

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2005, 02:24:18 AM »

Seems like an odd pairing really.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2005, 09:03:46 AM »

Certainly does, does either band even need the other? All it will mean is each band will perform for less time than if they toured seperately.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2005, 07:29:23 PM »

All it will mean is each band will perform for less time than if they toured seperately.

Maybe that is what they wanted?

I dunno...

But I've never breathed those two in the same sentence, until this thread.
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2005, 12:24:29 AM »

I gotta cringe just seeing those two names side by side let alone touring together. As a fan who used to suppport everything they did, I just can't anymore. I will always like Def Leppard's music but it is so sad to see what they have become today. They let there record company turn them basically into a nostalgia act, it is quite sad. Instead of a kick ass new rock cd, they let the record company bribe them into rehashing another Greatest Hits package, that came right from Phil Collen's mouth. I spent a few weeks in the LA area visiting releatives and had the pleasure of meeting Phil , who really seemed distanced from the whole thing, to make a long story short he told me he and Vivian Campbell had done alot of writting more than enough material for a new album of uptempo modern rockers, but the record company rejected the idea of a new album to cash in on the back catalog "as usual" as he put it. So he took some of his songs and started a new band with some old friends and are going to make an album and Viv kept his songs for maybe a new Riverdogs cd. I would almost bet that this may be the bands swan song as sad as it is.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 01:53:16 AM »

nah...they will keep releasing albums....

Why should I believe what you say anyway? Their history speaks for itself. X was not my favorite, but still good none-the-less. They are still puttin' albums out and will for a long time.
Miss_MCS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2005, 05:29:46 AM »

I haven't seen Bryan Adams in concert, but I've always wanted to.

I saw him a fortnight ago, in Sydney. He was FANTASTIC!!  ok

does seem an like a strange pairing tho...i wonder what the thinking behind that was!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2005, 09:18:11 PM »

Billboard.com is reporting that tickets for the DEF LEPPARD/BRYAN ADAMS' 26-date co-headlining tour of minor league ballparks have a base price of $45.

At each LEPPARD/ADAMS stop, a stage will be built on the field, and fans can sit in the outfield or in the stands. "Everybody wants to play Madison Square Garden, but there's a point when you want to do something that's a little different," DEF LEPPARD lead singer Joe Elliott offers. The band's two-disc set "Rock of Ages: The Definitive Collection" (Mercury/UME) will be released May 17.

Elliott says that although DEF LEPPARD has generally toured alone, pairing with ADAMS makes sense and is even a way to draw in new fans. "A BON JOVI or a BRYAN ADAMS is what people would perceive is a right fit for us," he says. "We're comfortable accepting the way people think."

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2005, 10:10:45 AM »

Billboard.com is reporting that tickets for the DEF LEPPARD/BRYAN ADAMS' 26-date co-headlining tour of minor league ballparks have a base price of $45.

What capacity do those places hold?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2005, 11:24:11 AM »

What capacity do those places hold?

Anywhere from 4000 to 30,000.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: