Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:17:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Its amazing what a cripple can find on the internet .....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Its amazing what a cripple can find on the internet .....  (Read 9261 times)
Nuclearcowboy
Opening Act

Nuclearcowboy

« on: April 24, 2013, 08:06:00 PM »

as typed .....

(  that one old cripple was right up front and wouldnt even move to let anyone maybe get their shit signed too, i pushed around him several times, wich was part of the reason i had my arm out to be ignorant back, like if i got my record signed id move for someone else, i was hoping he'd fall n have a heart attack, its 4 am ur 67 yrs old waiting for axl rose in an alleyway, call me crazy but i hope by that age i can afford to meet him inside somewhere warm....lol....i felt bad about the one kid right next to me getting knocked over and helped him right up also positioned my arm so he would be in the photo and i would not block him,, when i was in my teen years concerts were like all about fun and excitement, sharing, meeting the bands unfortunately you run into some real uptight jerkoffs, like yo if your crippled dont stand where your gonna get fuckin ran down, if your gonna be in the pit you shouldnt be retirement age with a cane, by this age you should know better, not to ramble but fuck man that guy was just a douchebag and idk why he even needs his records signed he's gonna fuckin die in a yr. you cant take signed records with ya buddy....prolly another ebay jerkoff wasting space 23 yr fans could be standing in..... )

I'm the crippled guy from the philadelphia show, a young girl on heroin in an out of control car decided to hit me and my best friend Gary in 2001. I spent 4 months in a coma a year in the hospital and 5 years in a wheelchair. 42 operations, losing my home and my career in atlantic city. It took all I had to make it to the philadelphia show and see Axl again.I was grateful for a picture with Axl Rose, I used to lay and pray at night I'd live long enough to see my favorite band again ...... the pigment in my hair is gone so I look much older than I am..... I'm sorry if I overstepped the line to get my album signed, sorry to say but  I'm taking it with me when I go ... and 67 is 20 years away ......... anyhow I felt I should respond to the incredible evening I had .... till now, Thanks ..... I lost everything I owned including this night ....

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 09:04:57 PM »

so.... what happened to Gary?
Nuclearcowboy
Opening Act

Nuclearcowboy

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 10:11:08 PM »

My best friend Gary died in my arms that night ..... we were both Guns N Roses Fans....
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 10:18:55 PM »

This sounds like an upsetting, unfortunate situation. 
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 03:53:17 AM »

Wow, this is one of those posts where you don't quite know what to say. I'm sorry your experience was ruined by others, but at least you got everything you wanted and can now treasure those memories. I'm glad that Guns N' Roses means so much to millions of people like myself, we are lucky to have Axl and GN'R to full fill our lives.  Smiley  Here's to the greatest band ever!!!...  beer  love
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 08:52:23 AM »

After all you've been through, don't let a spoilt brat's ramblings ruin your memory of that night.  peace
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »

Jesus, sorry man, that sounds awful.  When my wife was in college her friends and her were driving home from a bar one night with a sober driver at the wheel and they smashed into a high school kid who was dealing drugs on an ATV (in Queens, NY) and they paralyzed him from the waist down.  Because he was driving on the wrong side of the street on an ATV and dealing drugs my wife and her friends were cleared of any wrongdoing.  Supposedly the kid was making his rounds at local high schools lecturing kids on not doing what he did.  She is still shaken up about it to this day. 

Sorry for your loss, but glad that were able to experience the band again. 
Nuclearcowboy
Opening Act

Nuclearcowboy

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 12:32:44 PM »

too make a long story short, when I came out of my coma ... I chose Madagascar as my theme song my song to get well and I told myself I'd live long enough to see CHINESE DEMOCRACY released.... you set goals in your mind as I want to see this released or that come out whatever you need to do personally to get through.... I try not to let thoughtless people upset me but its hard ..... the girl who did this was out of prison long before I was out of a wheelchair.... thank you all so much Smiley
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 01:22:02 PM »

Dont let what that asshole posted get you upset.  I have not logged in for months.  I read your post and was moved but what you had wrote.  I logged in so I could search the old threads and sure enough I recall going back and forth with that jerk in that thread.  People like that are just bottom feeders. 

Dont ever let anyone ruin your memoeries of that Philly show.  I was there it was a night to remember. 

You are a true GNR fan. 

Sorry for your unfortunate life events. 

I hope and wish the best for you and hope some day you get to enjoy another show!!!

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Annie
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 03:49:35 PM »

Dont let what that asshole posted get you upset.  I have not logged in for months.  I read your post and was moved but what you had wrote.  I logged in so I could search the old threads and sure enough I recall going back and forth with that jerk in that thread.  People like that are just bottom feeders. 

Dont ever let anyone ruin your memoeries of that Philly show.  I was there it was a night to remember. 

You are a true GNR fan. 

Sorry for your unfortunate life events. 

I hope and wish the best for you and hope some day you get to enjoy another show!!!
I totally agree. Don't let some ignorant internet bully steal your joy. Music is a great healer. I am sorry that you lost your friend and your home and your job. You are a true survivor. People get so competitive in wanting to meet their fav artists.. Thats why I dont try and go up front anymore .
Nuclearcowboy
Opening Act

Nuclearcowboy

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 10:35:07 PM »

Thank you all very much, just when you think a rebound is nowhere in sight ..... that was truly one of the best nights of my life, it lasted for a few minutes but meeting Axl and being treated with kindness and concern says alot for the man .... he's much more human than the press has made him out to be.......... I wish I would have had more time and a better picture Smiley thank you all very much .......... Pat
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 12:01:16 AM »

Hey NuclearCowboy. I am physically disabled. I was born with a short left arm. Don't ever get discouraged by a  jackass like that. I HATE the word crippled. That's as bad as the n or c word.  You have to fight for yourself and not let a jerk off like that destroy your night. Keep that memory of Axl. For that jackass remember karma will bite back at the person. Also, there's a little saying from Rocky.

"It ain't about how hard you can hit; it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."
evader
Opening Act

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 01:24:15 AM »

NuclearCowboy - fan of John Sykes?  I love that song/album!  Thank you for your inspirational story also.  I'm happy for you that you met and had a photo with Axl, and hope you realize many more goals in your future. 
Nuclearcowboy
Opening Act

Nuclearcowboy

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 07:32:17 AM »

John took very good care of me over the years, he sent me many gifts when I was fighting for my life ..... including phone calls to lift my spirits, John Sykes is also a very caring man who loves his fans, I borrowed the name Nuclear Cowboy when I first stated this whole internet thing Smiley
evader
Opening Act

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 11:53:15 PM »

John took very good care of me over the years, he sent me many gifts when I was fighting for my life ..... including phone calls to lift my spirits, John Sykes is also a very caring man who loves his fans, I borrowed the name Nuclear Cowboy when I first stated this whole internet thing Smiley
Thanks for the reply, Nuclearcowboy.  I love Sykes' voice, and I love his guitar work.  Blue Murder's first album is still to this day one of my favorites, and I listen to his solo work pretty often also.  I think we have similar taste in music, so you must be one hell of a great person!  Wink
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 08:34:57 PM »

After all you've been through, don't let a spoilt brat's ramblings ruin your memory of that night.  peace

Could not believe what I was reading, I am so very sorry for the situation you are in plus losing your best friend through someone else's bad choice. As someone else said don't let this horrid person spoil the event for you, you got to stand with Axl for the photo which must have been such a thrill for you. Did you get to talk to him at all?

Not everyone is like the person who wrote that post, I hope you are recovering the best you can and if you felt inclined you would be a great candidate for schools with before and after photos to get the message out there that heroin or other illegal drugs don't just destroy the lives of the taker but also innocent people simply on a stroll in the street.

All my best to you.  ok
Nuclearcowboy
Opening Act

Nuclearcowboy

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 07:49:42 AM »

Thank you all very much for your uplifting comments, Yes I got to stand next to my hero for a minute and I did get a hug ..... it makes the world a better place
gnrfan1797
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 11:00:11 AM »

Not being the spoiler here and I am very sorry to hear what happened to you but I understand where that person was coming from.( Not about the death part) Disabled people like to take advantage of there disabilities when it comes to getting close to a celebrity. It's not being mean when I say this, but its the truth.
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 11:58:14 PM »

lol... k
Nuclearcowboy
Opening Act

Nuclearcowboy

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 07:23:08 AM »

( Not being the spoiler here and I am very sorry to hear what happened to you but I understand where that person was coming from.( Not about the death part) Disabled people like to take advantage of there disabilities when it comes to getting close to a celebrity. It's not being mean when I say this, but its the truth.)

There's one in every crowd .... in my case more than one.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: