Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:08:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Copenhagen Zoo puts down lions after feeding them Marius the giraffe
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Copenhagen Zoo puts down lions after feeding them Marius the giraffe  (Read 3615 times)
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« on: March 26, 2014, 08:55:30 AM »

http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/copenhagen-zoo-puts-down-lions-after-feeding-them-marius-the-giraffe-263267.html

The Danish zoo which hit headlines last month for euthanising one of its giraffes has put down a further four animals - the lions it fed the giraffe to.

The lions were given a lethal injection on Monday to make way for a new three-year-old breeding male.

According to the Copenhagen Post, the destroyed animals were a 16-year-old male, a lioness of nearly the same age, and two younger females.

In a statement, the zoo said: "Because of the pride of lions' natural structure and behaviour, the zoo has had to euthanize the two old lions and two young lions who were not old enough to fend for themselves".

Steffen Str?de, the head of Copenhagen Zoo, maintained that the lions had to be put down, partly to avoid inbreeding between the two young lions and their father.

In February, the zoo came under fire for dissecting an 18-month-old giraffe called Marius despite an online petition and vast public outcry.

Marius was put down using a bolt pistol and its meat fed to carnivores at the zoo.

The incident took place in front of visitors to the zoo, many of them children.

The zoo said they had taken the decision to kill the animal to keep the giraffe population "genetically sound" and were not worried about backlash from the public.

Animal Rights Sweden said the killing of Marius highlights what they believe zoos do to animals regularly.

A statement from the said: ?It is no secret that animals are killed when there is no longer space, or if the animals don?t have genes that are interesting enough.?

? Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
Annie
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 08:20:02 PM »

I feel sick.
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 08:24:24 AM »

Are these lions the same ones they fed the giraffe to? I guess that's what the article says, so they replace them with more lions and then what? Same thing happens in years to come? Don't understand why we have zoos if this is their practice, they are supposed to be saving species not killing them.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 01:34:23 PM »

Someone should put that worhtles human scum down.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 01:35:41 PM »

I feel sick.
I bet this has been eating at you all day and all night? probably couldn't sleep or eat.  hihi confused

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Annie
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 02:14:04 PM »

I feel sick.
I bet this has been eating at you all day and all night? probably couldn't sleep or eat.  hihi confused
No Just sad. Made me think about those awesome guys who bought a lion cub at Harrods and worked hard to get him back to Africa where he was released back into the Wild. I am sure there were wildlife sanctuaries who would have been willing to take in those lions.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: