Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 02:30:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Weiland disses Axl at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weiland disses Axl at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony  (Read 57128 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 08:13:07 PM »

*Edit: I'll give this thread about 5 minutes before it ends up in the dead horse section....

It's not going anywhere near the GN'R section....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 08:15:32 PM »

*Edit: I'll give this thread about 5 minutes before it ends up in the dead horse section....

It's not going anywhere near the GN'R section....

/jarmo

Well guess that leaves only one option since this is just going to turn into another one of those pointless Vr/GnR debates
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 08:20:38 PM by Grouse » Logged
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 08:16:38 PM »

You're almighty redhead could also sure use that advice  ok  yes

700.000+ people, from May to July 06, thought the opposite. Just an example of how wrong you are.

we should not use the same advice for Axl and Weiland, no matter what. Different leagues.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 08:18:28 PM »

Not that I really care about Weiland's remarks last night....just the same ole petty punches from BOTH sides of the fences (even though I think Axl has ever actually made a statement about Weiland has he other than the press statement that was never officially confirmed). ?Regardless, I think last nights performance was well under par for VR and if that's the level that the band is currently operating at I would be quite more worried about my own situation.

Think about it though...all Weiland has to do is take the high road and say, "eh I don't care when CD comes out."

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 08:20:16 PM »

You're almighty redhead could also sure use that advice? ok? yes

700.000+ people, from May to July 06, thought the opposite. Just an example of how wrong you are.

we should not use the same advice for Axl and Weiland, no matter what. Different leagues.

erh did you not get what I meant with that? because your reply doesn't make sence at all...

Think about it though...all Weiland has to do is take the high road and say, "eh I don't care when CD comes out."

yeah I think he should've done that but hey where's the fun in taking the moral high road Tongue.....

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 08:27:15 PM by Grouse » Logged
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 08:25:55 PM »

So I guess when VR played at Live8 in London a couple years back all 300,000 people in one day were turning out exclusively for them, because you seem to be insinuating that participating in a festival allows you to claim every ticket sold for yourself?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2007, 08:28:13 PM »

You're almighty redhead could also sure use that advice  ok  yes

erh did you not get what I meant with that? because your reply doesn't make sence at all...

if ''you're'' is ''your'', then I think I perfectly understood your post.

If Im not wrong, you're suggesting that the 95% of the GNR fans go to the shows for the past members legacy. Am I right?

That's why I replied that. 700.000+ people went to see the current lineup of GNR, and I didnt see any ''bring back adler'' banner on the audience.

Sorry If I understood wrong. English is not my mother language.

Anyway, fuck Weiland  hihi

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2007, 08:32:19 PM »

So I guess when VR played at Live8 in London a couple years back all 300,000 people in one day were turning out exclusively for them, because you seem to be insinuating that participating in a festival allows you to claim every ticket sold for yourself?

Guns N' Roses headlined 'em all. Several festivals, the biggest in the world. Without an album. Without promotion.

VR played Live 8 in the daylight. After VR set (and the still incomprehensible Weiland rant), other bands played (Robbie Williams included)

Grouse
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2007, 08:37:48 PM »

You're almighty redhead could also sure use that advice? ok? yes

if ''you're'' is ''your'', then I think I perfectly understood your post.

If Im not wrong, you're suggesting that the 95% of the GNR fans go to the shows for the past members legacy. Am I right?

the whole you're/your thing was a typo on my part but that didn't have anything to do with the subject of the post.

I think you misread the quote because I quoted it like this:

He needs to know that the 95% of the VR fans are there because of the former members of GNR, and he needs to be prepared to recieve that kind of questions all his life.

our almighty redhead could also sure use that advice? ok? yes

^^ now that was what I was talking about and I was especially referring to the part I put in bold this time.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 08:43:37 PM by Grouse » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 08:42:54 PM »

Scott is such a worthless piece of shit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2007, 09:04:47 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHH That was great

This is what we need a geniune FEUD!

This is what makes thing great

Lets hope Axl responds.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GeraldFord
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2007, 09:41:03 PM »

What's interesting is that during the entire 2006 GN'R tour, Axl said NOTHING about VR, let alone Scott Weiland.

I think Axl is going to ignore this, just like he ignored Weiland's rant on the VR board (the one that was later removed). Axl knows that he is an icon and doesn't want to get into sparring matches with a middleweight (and I do like Weiland!)

That said, it was just a jab, nothing that hostile. And Weiland will no doubt have to eat his words when Chinese Democracy outsells Libertad....
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2007, 10:10:22 PM »

What's interesting is that during the entire 2006 GN'R tour, Axl said NOTHING about VR, let alone Scott Weiland.

Axl didn't even mention a word about his own new album or the songs he was playing, so I hardly find that surprising. He was like a robot for much of those shows, and outside of the EODM incident it the tour was pretty much without incident.

Besides, Axl is not in a position to be throwing stones at anyone anymore. He is a middle-aged man living off his past glories. Axl ripping on anyone right now is like the cool kid/jock/high school jock who shows up to his 20th reunion fat and out of shape, yet still pretending to be king of the room. He needs to get his shit together before he worries about escalating or retaliating in any feuds.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 10:17:03 PM by Naupis » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2007, 10:42:25 PM »

^
Damn Naupis, that shit was harsh..............

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2007, 10:45:31 PM »

Can someone rip this video and upload it please. I'm dying to see this. Seems only people in America can get AOL vids, the bastards!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2007, 10:51:59 PM »

I've seen the band 3 times live the past year, so I am certainly not a "hater", but what part of what I'm saying isn't true? Even if it is a little harsh, Scott can bring a whole lot more to the table in the "what have you done for me lately" category than Axl can. I just get a kick out of everyone getting their panties in a twist whenever anyone says anything about Axl, as the fallback always reverts to him being a bad ass 20 years ago. My whole point was that he needs to get an album out that really takes off before he gets into any feuds, because it would look kind of lame if he had to continually fall back on stuff he accomplished with Scott's bandmates 15-20 years ago as his only means of retort.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2007, 11:15:51 PM »

I've seen the band 3 times live the past year, so I am certainly not a "hater", but what part of what I'm saying isn't true? Even if it is a little harsh, Scott can bring a whole lot more to the table in the "what have you done for me lately" category than Axl can. I just get a kick out of everyone getting their panties in a twist whenever anyone says anything about Axl, as the fallback always reverts to him being a bad ass 20 years ago. My whole point was that he needs to get an album out that really takes off before he gets into any feuds, because it would look kind of lame if he had to continually fall back on stuff he accomplished with Scott's bandmates 15-20 years ago as his only means of retort.

dude just because Scott has released a few mediocre albums since Axl's last release, doesn't mean SHIT.    The dude is a poor man's eddie vedder and he will always be a few steps behind Axl in just about every aspect of a bands frontman.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »

This assclown should put more attention on what he sings rather than biting the hand that feeds.

Yeah, Scott never had any success before Slash & Duff started writing records with him. ? Roll Eyes
GeraldFord
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2007, 11:21:05 PM »

Axl didn't even mention a word about his own new album or the songs he was playing, so I hardly find that surprising. He was like a robot for much of those shows, and outside of the EODM incident it the tour was pretty much without incident.

Besides, Axl is not in a position to be throwing stones at anyone anymore. He is a middle-aged man living off his past glories. Axl ripping on anyone right now is like the cool kid/jock/high school jock who shows up to his 20th reunion fat and out of shape, yet still pretending to be king of the room. He needs to get his shit together before he worries about escalating or retaliating in any feuds.

I agree with you to some extent; Axl does need to get an album out and re-launch his career. That said, Axl Rose, even just living on his past glories, is secured as a heavyweight, whereas Weiland will never be anything more than a middleweight.
GeraldFord
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2007, 11:23:10 PM »

This assclown should put more attention on what he sings rather than biting the hand that feeds.

Yeah, Scott never had any success before Slash & Duff started writing records with him. ? Roll Eyes

Before VR, Weiland's career had stalled. If it wasn't for Velvet Revolver, right now Weiland would be playing cubs with Gavin Rosedale.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: