Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:58:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Trouble Within Velvet Revolver?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trouble Within Velvet Revolver?  (Read 75694 times)
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #280 on: March 16, 2008, 08:33:12 PM »

If STP goes on tour starting in May, and Slash said that VR will begin writing the new album in April, I take it Scott isn't going to have a big role in that?

Well maybe Slash and Co will write the music first and have scott write lyrics later. Which could possibly be really good!? But I doubt that VR will have a future.
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #281 on: March 16, 2008, 10:48:28 PM »

STP is a better band than VR.. i'm glad they are getting back together.

I disagree.  VR are better in my opinion, but STP did have a couple of good songs.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #282 on: March 17, 2008, 05:35:42 AM »

STP is a better band than VR.. i'm glad they are getting back together.

I disagree.  VR are better in my opinion, but STP did have a couple of good songs.

let me make this very clear that I actually do not agree with this position.  I renounce it and I outright denounce it.    STP simply has better songs.. VR has one killer song.  STP has like 10.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #283 on: March 17, 2008, 12:10:28 PM »

i'm with Obama on this one.

Chinese Democracy!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2008, 12:36:52 PM »

i'm with Obama on this one.

It's all subjective - so lets leave the "who's better" childishness alone.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #285 on: March 17, 2008, 03:20:17 PM »

STP had a new photo up on their website...but now it has been pulled? Huh

It was here...but now it's gone.

Check Out the New STP Photo!
March 15 2008
http://www.stonetemplepilots.com/?module=news&news_item_id=7

You can view the photo:

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Reunited: New Band Photo Posted Online - Mar. 16, 2008

A brand new photo of the reunited STONE TEMPLE PILOTS can be viewed at this location: http://media.fanfire.com/STPsteps.jpg

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #286 on: March 17, 2008, 03:56:50 PM »

In my humble opinion those kind of posts^ should be in the STP thread in bad obsession

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #287 on: March 17, 2008, 04:00:45 PM »

In my humble opinion those kind of posts^ should be in the STP thread in bad obsession

That's where they'll be posted from now on.

This isn't an STP section after all.

Anything relating to STP or Weiland that has nothing to do with VR should be posted elsewhere.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #288 on: March 17, 2008, 04:05:47 PM »

Well I guess if something is up with STP it does relate to VR?  But it is a fine line.  I'll watch myself. hihi

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #289 on: March 17, 2008, 04:59:26 PM »

That's where they'll be posted from now on.

This isn't an STP section after all.

Anything relating to STP or Weiland that has nothing to do with VR should be posted elsewhere.

/jarmo

Jarmo, Happy birthday, I know there was a thread in Admin area, but I wanted to say it here.  You have been in a good mood lately.  Borat voice "Very Nice..."  Ha.
r3dhawk6
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #290 on: March 20, 2008, 12:20:51 AM »

I love VR - they are rock royalty imho.  There's not another band out there right now with the talent and personality this group has.  Living legends.  So obviously all this trouble talk is worrisome and I hope they make it.  Scott's STP crap was really pissing me off, but may as well let him get it out of his system.  And if it becomes a permanent departure I hope the rest of the guys find a way to keep on keepin on.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #291 on: March 20, 2008, 10:35:24 PM »

Friend just told me that Scott told the crowd at tonight's show that this tour will be the 'last ever Velvet Revolver tour'.

Hmm? Huh Huh
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #292 on: March 20, 2008, 10:39:04 PM »

Friend just told me that Scott told the crowd at tonight's show that this tour will be the 'last ever Velvet Revolver tour'.

Hmm? Huh Huh

I was just reading that...it was posted on the VR forum and others who were at the show are saying the same thing.

From Route66

I was right at the front of the glasgow show where Scott Weiland broke the news right before Fall to pieces!

He said and i quote "You're at something really special tonight. This is the last ever Velvet Revolver tour"

Once he said that Slash, Duff, Matt and Dave all looked at each other. They sang fall to pieces then.. Scott goes over to the side of the stage and argues with the sound guy. After a couple of songs he threw his mic down and walked off. After a long wait Duff came out with the band and sang the start of its so easy. Scott shows up about half way through.. sang really half assed then gone again...

Really doesnt look good. Especially as the band at the start of the evening were late on by half an hour and stood waiting for Scott for about 10 mins on stage. Clearly all very uncomfortably.. Looks like its true guys. Straight from Scotts mouth.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 10:41:59 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #293 on: March 20, 2008, 11:19:21 PM »

Hmm? Huh Huh

I was just reading that...it was posted on the VR forum and others who were at the show are saying the same thing.

From Route66

I was right at the front of the glasgow show where Scott Weiland broke the news right before Fall to pieces!

He said and i quote "You're at something really special tonight. This is the last ever Velvet Revolver tour"

Once he said that Slash, Duff, Matt and Dave all looked at each other. They sang fall to pieces then.. Scott goes over to the side of the stage and argues with the sound guy. After a couple of songs he threw his mic down and walked off. After a long wait Duff came out with the band and sang the start of its so easy. Scott shows up about half way through.. sang really half assed then gone again...

Really doesnt look good. Especially as the band at the start of the evening were late on by half an hour and stood waiting for Scott for about 10 mins on stage. Clearly all very uncomfortably.. Looks like its true guys. Straight from Scotts mouth.

That truly sucks. Hope it was a hissy fit from Scott - he is an unmedicated bi-polar.....

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #294 on: March 20, 2008, 11:28:18 PM »

He is leaving anyway, so they should just fire his ass and make it official.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #295 on: March 20, 2008, 11:33:19 PM »

They did so much for him and pretty much saved his career.  Now he does this shit?  I don't get it.  If he wants to go back to STP, great, but have respect for guys you are with to finish show.  He has cost them tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #296 on: March 21, 2008, 12:10:05 AM »

They did so much for him and pretty much saved his career.  Now he does this shit?  I don't get it.  If he wants to go back to STP, great, but have respect for guys you are with to finish show.  He has cost them tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Technically, dude.  He did finish the show.  Although it finished under less than optimal circumstances.

Ali

P.S.  Multiple people on the VR Forum have confirmed this was said.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: