Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:44:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash in Oslo Norway today
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash in Oslo Norway today  (Read 57300 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #200 on: September 03, 2009, 08:53:24 PM »

^Fergie. VR needs to get her as their lead singer!
She does have some stellar moves during Slash's solo.  I have to give her that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #201 on: September 04, 2009, 02:17:53 AM »

Either way, i thought it was an awesome show and it looks like the crowd loved it too.
Get on board or fuck off.
Who cares how much they got paid anyways.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #202 on: September 04, 2009, 09:18:08 AM »

If Slash can make that kind of money on his own, why would he ever return to VR?  This way he's in control, which we know he loves to be, and he makes a shitload of money to boot.  I foresee a long Slash solo project and a long (maybe permanent) break for VR.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #203 on: September 04, 2009, 09:48:43 AM »

If Slash can make that kind of money on his own, why would he ever return to VR?  This way he's in control, which we know he loves to be, and he makes a shitload of money to boot.  I foresee a long Slash solo project and a long (maybe permanent) break for VR.

As if he's going to make this kind of money on his solo project? C''mon...

This kind salary is basically unheard of.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #204 on: September 04, 2009, 10:09:52 AM »

All he did was play some shitty versions of the classic GNR songs, with Fergie or whoever, and a bunch of boring covers.   Just a cash grab.   

And your point is? If you were offered that much money for a one off gig you wouldnt take it?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #205 on: September 04, 2009, 10:10:26 AM »

As if he's going to make this kind of money on his solo project? C''mon...

This kind salary is basically unheard of.
Who knows, the guy just made over a million dollars for ONE gig.  And I doubt he's playing Vegas for free.

Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #206 on: September 04, 2009, 10:52:32 AM »

That is one hefty payment whatever way you look at it (remember Slash doesnt pocket 1.6 million but still).

And all the people saying money grabbing and stuff, get the fuck over yourselves. Just cos your an artist doesnt mean you shouldnt get paid and why wouldnt you take as much as you can get. Surely thats the point of earning money.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2009, 05:34:55 AM »

That is one hefty payment whatever way you look at it (remember Slash doesnt pocket 1.6 million but still).

And all the people saying money grabbing and stuff, get the fuck over yourselves. Just cos your an artist doesnt mean you shouldnt get paid and why wouldnt you take as much as you can get. Surely thats the point of earning money.

Yeah, take as much money as you can and fuck everybody over while doing it! Must feel real good!  Tongue

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #208 on: September 15, 2009, 06:17:45 AM »

Yeah, take as much money as you can and fuck everybody over while doing it! Must feel real good!  Tongue

Who did Slash fuck over Huh

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #209 on: September 15, 2009, 06:19:50 AM »

If they couldnt cover the expenses they shouldnt have offered that much or agreed to the deal if thats what Slash requested. The creative process and performance aspect is where artistry and integrity come from, the rest is business.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #210 on: September 15, 2009, 06:40:47 AM »

C'mon... Slash didn't fuck anyone over. You can read between the lines... Zutaut did tho by spendiing 1.6 million fuckin' dollars, a third of the whole budget, to get Slash and friends to the festival.

Now if Slash would have sold many many many tickets for the festival it'd be a little easier to defent, but he didn't and the festival goes under while Slash and Zutaut are walking away with a redicolous amount of money.

To be honest, I think this is the best payed gig Slash has been part of in his whole career.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #211 on: September 15, 2009, 07:38:03 AM »

C'mon... Slash didn't fuck anyone over. You can read between the lines... Zutaut did tho by spendiing 1.6 million fuckin' dollars, a third of the whole budget, to get Slash and friends to the festival.

Now if Slash would have sold many many many tickets for the festival it'd be a little easier to defent, but he didn't and the festival goes under while Slash and Zutaut are walking away with a redicolous amount of money.

To be honest, I think this is the best payed gig Slash has been part of in his whole career.

I thought the crowd looked full and i know people that were there that loved the show. 
I wouldnt expect anyone to turn down a large offer to play a gig.  Playing guitar is his job at the end of the day, im sure he wants to make all the money he can for himself and his family.

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #212 on: September 15, 2009, 08:40:47 AM »

I wouldnt expect anyone to turn down a large offer to play a gig.  Playing guitar is his job at the end of the day, im sure he wants to make all the money he can for himself and his family.

Agreed.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #213 on: September 15, 2009, 09:02:43 AM »

Agreed.

beer

Would be nice to make that kind of money i must admit!

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #214 on: September 15, 2009, 03:28:43 PM »

but Quart goes under EVERY year!
And it would with or without Slash...

No one gives a fuck about Quart anymore eitherway...

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #215 on: September 21, 2009, 06:04:08 AM »

but Quart goes under EVERY year!
And it would with or without Slash...

No one gives a fuck about Quart anymore eitherway...

It probobly would, but with less money spent on slash there would be less debt and with less money spent on slash and more on other headliners the festival might have survived. Who knows...

Not blaming Slash here, I just find it a little wierd that the festival thought it was a good idea to throw everything they had on him... What were they thinking? Who is Slash in this day of age to fill up a whole fuckin' five day festival???

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #216 on: October 05, 2009, 01:30:05 PM »

Norway's biggest music festival bankrupt, again

Originally published October 5, 2009 at 10:40 a.m., updated October 5, 2009 at 11:45 a.m.

OSLO (AP) ? The organizers of Norway's biggest summer music festival have declared bankruptcy for the second time in two years.

District Court records show Quart Festival organizers filed for bankruptcy Monday in the southern coastal town of Kristiansand where the festival is held.

The 2008 festival was canceled after going bankrupt then.

Organizer Arild Buli told the commercial network TV2 Monday that Quart is 15 million kroner ($2.6 million) in debt after this year's festival sold just 67,000 tickets, less than half what organizers anticipated.

Quart 2009 took place June 30-July 4 and featured former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash as the headliner. It is unclear if Quart 2010 will open June 29 as scheduled.

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2009/oct/05/bc-eu-norway-festival-bankruptcy/?entertainment&national-entertainment

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #217 on: October 24, 2009, 05:59:16 PM »

JASON BONHAM With SLASH At Norway's QUART Festival; Drum-Cam Footage Available - Oct. 24, 2009

"Drum-cam" footage of Jason Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN) performing with Slash during the former GUNS N' ROSES/current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist's headlining appearance at this year's edition of the Quart festival on June 30, 2009 in Kristiansand, Norway can be viewed below. The featured songs are "Immigrant Song" (LED ZEPPELIN) and "Highway to Hell" (AC/DC).

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=129212

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: